Side by Side - PeakSeedBC Cindy99 #2 & #4 - 2 x 300W Mars Hydro LEDs

So cleared out the flower room today, so these 10 will have a nicer home and some more light to work with! The ladies were very close to done but I discovered some seeds and the others were just not cooperating. I really hope it isn't the light. Just in the process of cleaning it out, setting the timer again, and then they will get moved. Not sure what I want to start now. Time to go through the seeds and see! Updates again this Friday probably with a little sneaka peek of what I just brought down.

So today is update day! Not much to report. Things are looking good under the new light. Will slowly be moving it down and spreading them out. When they get slightly bigger I will move them into the big pots. Some are already showing their 3rd set of leaves. Only 2 weeks old. Doing pretty well I would say. I'm going to attempt to run both the LEDs in a few weeks. And after that I flip. I will arrange them as well as possible so that if one is shooting a weird spectrum or something that it may balance out. I started a couple extra seeds. If you want to know what they are I will share, but only if asked! I may or may not create a little hybrid this grow.

I recently picked up some sulphur and I'll be using it through out the grow as a means of PH down. I'm also going to be using a bottle of lemon juice. 1 drop every water. I know it seems extreme but my water comes out the tap at 7.7-8.3 and I am not ready for a water filter system.

I think thats it. Picture of the little ones.

Private_2015-08-07-0452.jpg

I just watered them yesterday, but the growth seems slow. I took a couple out of the room and sure enough, needs cal-mag. So I think I'll be adding a shot of cal-mag every time I water.

Its Friday! Just another quick update. Added some calmag to the water and some humic. Eveyone has got their 5 fingered leaves out. The leaves look muchsmaller than I am used to with fluro/hps. Maybe I have the light too far? Its sitting at 80cm right now. I might try the other light for a week and see.The two bottom left are the special beans I popped. The ones on the right are a promise I made to SmokeSara when I got my first light.

private_2015-08-14-1.jpg

Seeing the difference between last week and this week I'm starting to think I am just being impatient! I'll probably bring the light back down this week. I think they will get the bigger pots this week as well. Well, on Friday of course.

Hmmm so I may have used my bag of Promix Potting soil and not the veg mix.... Veg mix says nutrients for 3 months, the potting mix says 8 months. I am getting some pretty crunchy leaves but that might be from my addition of humic and calmag.... This early in veg it's not a good sign. They should righten up pretty soon though... I hope. I'm sure once they hit the "super soil" theyll be fine.

On the upside my two side projects are coming along quite nicely! ;) updates on friday!

Well just slightly late, but better late than never! Still seeing burning, might just be a cal mag thing though. Worrried that if I give em any calmag they will get even worse. Some are doing better than others and that is hopeful. Maybe salvage a couple of strong ones from this grow.

private_2015_08_22-1.jpg
private_2015_08_22-0535.jpg

:thumb:Friday, so I will see more. :drool:

:D We are well underway. In this mix we have carrots, lettuce, peppers, marigolds and clover. On the other side we are looking at C99 and Purple Urkle.... Since no one asked what it was, there it is :p

Hmmm so I may have used my bag of Promix Potting soil and not the veg mix.... Veg mix says nutrients for 3 months, the potting mix says 8 months. I am getting some pretty crunchy leaves but that might be from my addition of humic and calmag.... This early in veg it's not a good sign. They should righten up pretty soon though... I hope. I'm sure once they hit the "super soil" theyll be fine.

On the upside my two side projects are coming along quite nicely! ;) updates on friday!

I wasn't aware that there are ProMix varieties that have nutes? So they must be the 'time release' we are warned not to use, or are they specifically for cannabis?

The veg stuff has worked very well in the past. I inadvertently used the wrong bag. I was using the other stuff for veggies and a couple of house plants. They will be fine in a little bit. Heck a couple of them are doing just fine with no issues. Might of been the humic too.

Another week! Another photo. I started misting the sad looking plants with just a touch of mag. It looks to be helping so far. The urkels and the veggies are looking great! 3/4 of the seeds planted this week are up.
private_2015_0828-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom