Side by Side - PeakSeedBC Cindy99 #2 & #4 - 2 x 300W Mars Hydro LEDs

Ya that should be the last transplant. I think they are around 1.5gal? 6L I think. Give em a week in there, maybe two and then flip.

Those veggies need a soil top up and a couple need bigger pots. I'll do that this week.

Just taking a peek. I did go back acouple pages to those color shots and did see a cal-mag problems. I know I've dealt with it a lot after moving to this new place I hang my hat. We have water from a reservoir called Bull Run. PPM on tap dropped to like 30 PPM. First thing to go I n water like that is Calcium. I really don't know a lot what's growing on here, but if you want a good soil additive, add double whats called for of bone meal. Great slow release calcium source. Hope ya don't mind me spouting out but I am looking into the Mars Unit for my nursery and smaller veg tent. I have a heat issiue 1/2 the year and it Wood be nice to be able to max out a sprout for max in it's younger stages... Hope ya don't mind me looking in and seeing whats up. Keepem Green

Thanks for poppin in Norcaliwood.

Got some weirdness in some leaves in only the middle three. Not gonna do anything right now, just ride it out for a week or so. Still a fair bit of growth.
The Purple urkel is still recovering from the cal mag, thats the small ones right up front.

private_20150925-1.jpg
private_20150925-2.jpg
private_20150925-3.jpg
private_20150925-4.jpg
private_20150925-5.jpg

So every year I get just a little bit better at this. Not much, but a little. This year has been good for getting better and investing into better equipment, soil, nutes, etc. I am happy to be here today to do this grow.

Now while this isn't sponsored by Mars Hydro LED - the Best Solutions for Horticulture and Indoor Plants
I am using their product and I still haven't given them the veggie grow I offered. With that in mind if you read this, everything I started under the leds did so well outside I barely had to harden them off. Peppers and tomatoes love the light. I am using 2x old model 300w.

The seeds I will be running are 4x 2 different parents of C99 from PeakSeedsBC. He is a small Canadian breeder and I am running two offsets of his newest strain. A run on a classic. Cindy99(C99). True to the best of the olds. I hope to get a very very nice smoke out of this. I miss the old strains. LUI, C99, Big Bug, hash plant, sweettooth, texeda time warp, ak 47. I digress and have become nostalgic, sorry.

Deets in the favoured form.

What strain is it? Cinderella 99 by PeakSeedsBC
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Mostly Sativa
Indoor
Organic Super Soil
1 bag seasoil
1 bag veggie promix
1l verm
1l perlite
bone meal, rock dust, epsom, kelp meal, worm castings, myco, sand....
final pot size 2gal
Size of light? 2x300w Mixed Spectrum LED
The room is cooled by a 4' fan with scrubber
Temp of Room/cab? 25-30°C
RH of Room/cab? 30%
PH of media or res? 6.5~
Any Pests ? None Known
How often are you watering? When needed. When pots feel light or wilting is present
Type and strength of ferts used? 1st month none. 2nd month addition of fish emulsion and kelp meal with molasses, myco, worm castings, cal mag, humic/fulvic acid. Flower, mix of organic bloom ferts, worm castings, humic fulvic, cal mag, kelp meal.

Really looking forward to growing one of my favorites again.

Germination should be happening in the next week or two

I have about the same setup as J189 does/did, except I grow in Hempy. So I'm using Mars 300w LEDs and growing C99 and a few others. I use tap water (about 210 PPM) and since I don't have any nutrients in my medium, I rely on whatever cal/mag is in my tap water. My last grow, I noticed a tiny bit of calcium deficiency about 1.5 months into veg, and I had problems with it later in flower too, so I started adding a small amount, which pretty much solved the problem. I pretty much followed the 'mild feeding' directions. My experience kind of makes me think their need for cal/mag ramps up as they veg longer and then flower under LEDs.

Every setup is different though! I tend to not add it if I don't need it. I have ~5 week old plants under my LEDs now and haven't had to add any cal/mag yet, with no problems.

HAHAHA go figure. I cut eerything down and leave the site and all of a sudden I'm getting a huge amount of traffic!

So Wally. I was mistaken originally when I thought it was cal mag. I was using the wrong soil and it was burning the young girls. After I switched soils I figured it would be a good idea to hit them with a super light cal mag, but again was wrong. Because I was using enriched soils I should have known better and as soon as I cut out the calmag things got MUCH better fast! If you are using a hempy, or hydro, or plain soil absolutely a cal mag is almost manditory for LED.

I want to thank everyone, especially JOJO and LA for swinging by. I'm so sad to have to leave this hobby for the time being. But since I now think I have the hang of it, I will be back. I will be better. And I wont have to worry about other people. Just me, my plants and my money.

For those of you wondering (JOJO I'm looking at you) My partner of 5+ years left with a week left in the month. From the sounds of it, the plants were the main concern and much like anyone I would much rather have the love of my life around than a dozen or so plants. The next morning I cut them right down and she left me anyways. I felt so broken for days and days before realizing that I still have seeds, I still have knowledge I still have gear. I fucking hate it, and myself, but it's not the end. It's not the end of the world. I will be better. I will be back.

But since I now think I have the hang of it, I will be back. I will be better.

Good positivity man! Keep it that way. If I stop growing, I know I'll come back to this hobby sooner or later!

On the situation - I really was wondering what was going on, but didn't want to ask in case it was due to legal stuff. I'm sorry to hear about the breakup. It sounds like you did all you could. Unfortunately this hobby isn't accepted everywhere (yet), and you have to deal with those consequences. I've almost cut the plants several times for various reasons, because sometimes they're not worth the trouble we put up with. But if no one knows... :)

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

We are sorry for your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom