This One's For You Big Guy

Are you using the full range, base & additives of each brand?
I recently got some sumo boost with a free bottle of dragon force to try out, I'd love it to be better than AN but their stuff takes some beating. The 1st indications is it seems ok, better than PM platinum I've recently tried but it's not as good as big bud :)

I recently got some sumo boost with a free bottle of dragon force to try out, I'd love it to be better than AN but their stuff takes some beating. The 1st indications is it seems ok, better than PM platinum I've recently tried but it's not as good as big bud :)

I used shogun calmag, boost, pk9/18 and dragon force on my 'Night Queen' grow to good affect if that helps.

Yeah I'm using the full range of all 3! I'm evening getting a development batch of shoguns new rooting product called "katana roots" direct from the company!
The only products I have skipped are from the AN range and that's tarantula, voodoo juice and piranha as those three products used together just make great white or a Heisenberg tea....and I already use both of those products so I didn't see the need.
But yeah I have the whole range of H +G, the whole range of shogun (although it's pretty small) and the whole range of AN minus the above which will be added in a different manor.
The AN range was not cheap!!! I have 9 different flowering boosters for crying out loud!!!

I also got the free bottle of dragon force when I brought sumo boost. they also sent me the information sheet that they send out to the grow shops to clue them up on the product. I'm going to use sumo boost during veg though as it will benefit during veg too according to the an behind the product (except in late veg/early flower as can cause stretch)
The guys who I got it from said they have used it and have completely switched over from their previous budding additives in favour of boost and force.

Yea the AN stuff is silly expensive, it used to be cheap a long time ago but they know people will pay for it. I've tried loads of boosters & additives but AN always comes out on top. The only plant I've exclusively used the Shogun on is Critical, I used AN Bud Blood for week one & then went to the PK 9-18 & Sumo combo. I'd guess it's been on it for 2wk now & she looks good but it's too early in flower to judge how good it is just yet.
I've got a White Widow that had some mixed Sumo & Dragon Force feeds last week & this week.The combination is helping her put weight on & there's new calyxes appearing so something's a bit Top Shootery. What's in Dragon force? they say just use in the last week before flush but I've used half strength doses.

Yea the AN stuff is silly expensive, it used to be cheap a long time ago but they know people will pay for it. I've tried loads of boosters & additives but AN always comes out on top. The only plant I've exclusively used the Shogun on is Critical, I used AN Bud Blood for week one & then went to the PK 9-18 & Sumo combo. I'd guess it's been on it for 2wk now & she looks good but it's too early in flower to judge how good it is just yet.
I've got a White Widow that had some mixed Sumo & Dragon Force feeds last week & this week.The combination is helping her put weight on & there's new calyxes appearing so something's a bit Top Shootery. What's in Dragon force? they say just use in the last week before flush but I've used half strength doses.

I have heard AN are the best and I have heard that they are just really good at marketing. So I had to test it out myself, they see, to focus their attention on flower boosters so that's when I feel I'm going to see their real worth. I'm really looking forward to this test plus they have their ph perfect tech which I'm yet to try out.

Dragon force is defo a top shooter type product and like I said, the guys who I been speaking to say they prefer it...I will judge myself.
The main reason why I feel it could be really good is because it has triacontanol in it at the exact ratio is should be and it has been stabilised which I have not been able to do when I mix it myself so I have never been able to use it in the rez. Now I'm going to be able to add it and get the benefits from using it in the roots as well as a spray!

From the sound of application, dragon force seems like it'd be the same as dry koolbloom. A ripening agent that has ridiculously high pk levels

That's exactly what it is, that's why they tell you to stop using PK warrior when you use it I think.

The guy who's behind it cannot stop talking about sumo boost and how amazing it is, they all Include something called Zensmart which is their own version of fulvic acid I believe as its ment to help with nutrient uptake.

Exciting times.

That's interesting stuff & I hope it's good coz it's cheap :) I use Ancient Earth for my fulvic & humic acids, maybe I could drop it in flower if they put their own in?

They a lot cheaper than AN!
is opulent give up ancient Earth as they don't say smartzen is fulvic, it just says helps with nutrient uptake so it may be something totally different and Im Just assuming it's fulvic.

Try em both!
I wanna check ancient earth out...I'm using the grandma enggy products instead

I knew BID off of this board, in fact he's the reason I started lurking here. He sent me some BId BD that he said he sprayed his silver mix on and thats how I got them. I'd be willing to pop some once I get my PDs going and dialed.
Even growers across the street from the Pacific Ocean knew the BIG DOODE
R.I.P. My brother from another

BID helped us all out in someway or another and I put me being on these forums down to him and another guy called "buckshot" if it wasn't for the two of the, I wouldn't even have signed up to 420mag.

We cannot wait to see you pop the beans and there are even a few grows/journals in here being run by people who are growing out BID's beans!

BID reached even further than the other side of the pond and his memory and legacy will live forever

Glad it's not just me. I'm used to having huge fan leaves and a taller plant. Going to start my three blue dream girls on nutes today.
One will be having advance nutrients
One will be having house and garden nutrients
One will be having shogun nutrients
It's going to be interesting to see which plant reacts first to the nutes!
Will start uploading photos more often from now!

I love experiments.

Alright here's a look at my struggling Blue Dream. In my last post I made a mistake and referred to this plant as a seedling when in fact I got it as a clone, no big deal just didn't want to confuse.

Now then,

I had a mite problem immediately followed by a fungus gnat problem, all of my other plants have bounced back, but the Blue Dream is still struggling. That being said, I think the plant is on the upswing. Here she is last night before and after a little defol. You can also see how small she is. I've had her since just before christmas. You can also see how close together all of her nodes are. Truly a crazy ass plant. I'm gad she's on the mend because she's got spunk to say the least.

20150305_205003.jpg
20150305_211101.jpg

I've got her sitting in the shade of a taller plant, trying to induce a little stretch and get some space between those node. Otherwise she's going to be impossibly bushy. The downside of LED's I guess :laughtwo:

Well, I hope everything is going well in your garden. Have a green day :high-five:

Looking good brother!

Here are my girls
blue_dream_girls.JPG

I have four blue dream girls from seed. One will be getting turned into a monster plant in my grow room and the 3 blue dream girls that were started at the same time and taking different nutrients will be transported to my new location. They will also be the only girls that I journal at that location as I will only focus my journal in the plant in my home grow room for ease and safeties sake.

The 3 girls are growing roots like crazy and have already been transplanted 4 times and have recently been topped so I can begin to start pulling the arms down soon to be fluxed!

Don't sweat it too much Away. In my humble beginnings I had a plant that looked like that & never recovered but I took it to the finish line. It wasn't the best smoke but it was better than what I had been paying for at the time.

Don't sweat it too much Away. In my humble beginnings I had a plant that looked like that & never recovered but I took it to the finish line. It wasn't the best smoke but it was better than what I had been paying for at the time.

I have stopped sweating the small stuff now. I just dust the problems off my shoulder

Little update, I have taken some photos but won't be round to upload them tomorrow.
My 3 blue dream girls are going good, the shogun and the house and garden plants are doing the best!
I broke two of the four limbs when bending the AN plant which is a shame but the other two plants went through the same bending and sidnt break so I'm gonna go out and say that so far....AN are coming last! most of their nutes seem to come into effect during flower anyway so I'm not going to hold it against them too much...she still has lots of time to come back.

Will upload photos tomorrow guys!

:popcorn:

He was a great man. Did great things and taught us so much.

Back
Top Bottom