Timewreck - Grown In Hydro With LED & A ScrOG

Northern Lights Automatic is next for the empty kitchen bin, I think I left it a little too long before nutes, judging by the first true leaves, yellowing quickly and they are incredibly thin and papery, all the life has been sucked back out of them,

NLa_sv_yellowing_18_4_14.jpg

I have tied the main stem with the lowest branches either-side, covering a higher stem than last time, and exposed more secondary's to the lights. With the shorter/smaller pot there is plenty of room to fill before I lower the top to the same height as the secondary's,

NLa_sv_a_18_4_14.jpg

I have removed 1 brick to keep her away from the lights, there are 3 remaining just visible in the bottom of the photo, I should have lowered her yesterday as there is a slight bit of heat damage.

NL_a_bev_a_18_4_14.jpg

With the smaller pot than I have used before I have started giving full strength nutes and will keep a close eye out for any nute burn or pale leaves, I must buy some soil nutes, using the hydro ones can't be ideal!

G'day ajagunle, did you work out the tds issue? Are the plants taking the nutes yet? The timewreck isn't being feed by the same res as autos? Cause wouldn't the timewreck be needing a higher feed of nutrients than the autos? They look great so they are getting what they need, so keep doing what your doing man. Peace

Edit: sorry man autos are in separate pots, hand watered? And timewreck isn't taking nutrients from res? Strange, that deep into flower, getting everything at 450ppm? I'm a Little confused I think, their still looking great anyway:)

G'day ajagunle, did you work out the tds issue? Are the plants taking the nutes yet? The timewreck isn't being feed by the same res as autos? Cause wouldn't the timewreck be needing a higher feed of nutrients than the autos? They look great so they are getting what they need, so keep doing what your doing man. Peace

Edit: sorry man autos are in separate pots, hand watered? And timewreck isn't taking nutrients from res? Strange, that deep into flower, getting everything at 450ppm? I'm a Little confused I think, their still looking great anyway:)

Hi Waldo! The TDS is confusing, I lowered to 420 last night and will find out tonight if they are taking it up at the strength. This is lower strength than at the end of veg! The res temp is in the zone, ph is too, room temp is the only other variable that would effect it I think, I will put the radiator back tonight and see if that makes a difference, :thumb:

Canopy is looking nice and sprinkled with magic dust.

Snowy_peaks_21_04_14_a.jpg

The edges of the grow space are thicker filled

Canopy_sv_21_04_14_a.jpg

On the edges of the leaves I can detect the mushroom silhouettes

Trichomes_21_4_14_a.jpg

Trichomes_21_4_14_b.jpg

TDS has risen to 470+ in 48hrs and I have diluted further to 410ppm but have now run out of pure water, I'll boil 10l in the morning and filter it in the afternoon. I have also raised the thermostat on the radiator.

coming along very nicely. how far from the canopy is the led?

I haven’t ended up with a very even canopy b., the tallest stems, about 6, are 12” from the LEDs, the next lot are 24” away and the most stems are about 30” away, do you think I should lower the lights?

:joint::hmmmm::joint:

Raising the lights the last time kinda coincides with their lack of appetite, it makes sense to me that if there is a shortage of light they would need less nutes, so I have replaced the ezee roller, adds about 11", there is one stem whose top-most bud is no-longer in the LEDs footprint.

Thanks for stirring my grey matter b. :thanks:

When was ppm meter last calibrated?lol. 30" shouldn't be too far for lower branches, and you don't want to start bleaching plants, at around 10". Look like they are fattening up? You might have found the ultimate hydro plant, less nutes saves $$$. I'll keep looking for similar occurrence.
Hope you had a good weekend. :peace:

I would put the leds closer, about 8" away. if you get heat stress or bleaching you'll be able to fix it immediately without any real harm done.

fluorescents should be 4-6" away depending on temps :thumb:

The LST on the Massive Midget has certainly resulted in a compact plant, without LST the previous MM swamped the lights, I’ll do another next and aim for a happy medium.

Biro_22_4_14_a.jpg

There are 6 colas

Full_bin_a.jpg

with one main

Main_bud_22_4_14_a.jpg

They are all showing very bright green new growth, is this the beginning of Foxtailing?

foxtailing_q_22_4_14_a.jpg

Northern Lights auto has continued to stretch and I have removed 1 brick, 2 left, and re-strung the string, careful to keep the low down secondary’s equally exposed to the bulb rather than squashed in the shade!

NL_lst_22_4_14_a.jpg

Ajagunle my man, how's that nutrient problem going? Are they thirsty, drinking much water? Could it be a lockout, flush and slowly bring up the nutrients levels again? I don't know, help no help? Trying :) they don't look deficient, idk peace man.

Ajagunle my man, how's that nutrient problem going? Are they thirsty, drinking much water? Could it be a lockout, flush and slowly bring up the nutrients levels again? I don't know, help no help? Trying :) they don't look deficient, idk peace man.

Thanks Waldo, I think you may be right, good save :thumb: I have started getting the water boiled and filtered ready for a flush and then plain water :passitleft:

I have drained the res and I’m surprised at its colour, considering how little goes in, having the false wall removed while I drained and re-filled the tank has filled my ground floor with the loveliest sweet aroma! :passitleft:

The plain water going in had a TDS of 30, 5 minutes cascading over the shelf and it was 140, I shall replace with fresh tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom