Timewreck - Grown In Hydro With LED & A ScrOG

TDS was 175 after 24hrs of flushing, drained and added fresh water at 35ppm, lowered ph from 6.8 to 5.9. I have company this weekend and will have very limited access to the garden, how long should I flush before adding weak nutes?

At day 45 of bloom, all that I have read suggests a 60 day harvest, thick with trichs, maybe the LEDs, maybe the strain.
TW_Texture_25_4_14_a.jpg

Check the ppm, once stable I'd start adding nutes, the rise would be the salts releasing from the roots, how much water you ran through? Triple what res hold feels about right. Ppm will tell you I think. Have a good weekend ajagunle:passitleft: better have that back, think I stole it off ya:peace:

hi Aja, i second Grizzwald at 100%. i would have say twice your rez about how much water to run through to have a good flush, but triple sounds safer.
have a nice day Friends.

Check the ppm, once stable I'd start adding nutes, the rise would be the salts releasing from the roots, how much water you ran through? Triple what res hold feels about right. Ppm will tell you I think. Have a good weekend ajagunle:passitleft: better have that back, think I stole it off ya:peace:

Hi Waldo, I think having more than 1 grow in the same journal may have confused about medium etc, the Timewreck are in an NFT system with LEDs as the main lights, CFLs were I can fit them in as supplementary, so the flushes have been draining the NFT tank and running with fresh water.

I have drained twice and ‘flushed’ with plain water for 24hrs before draining again, they are on their 3rd batch of plain water and TDS has settled at almost the ppm of what I put in, so I have added 1/2 strength bloom nutes, that they were consuming (200ppm), with only root additives, no bloom boosters, I will check in 6hrs to see if TDS has gone down, if it has I will add another ¼ strength bloom nutes, if TDS still going down tomorrow I will add the boosters.
Apologies for the ‘sameness’ of the photos, I can only see from one side and there are lights and cables in the way of a clear view, so here is a ground level side view, of the grow-space

SV_27_04_14_a.jpg

And the top right-hand corner of the canopy, where I can get a clear shot with the camera

RHS_27_04_14_b.jpg

:passitleft: passing to the right, depending on where you are virtually sitting,

hi Aja, i second Grizzwald at 100%. i would have say twice your rez about how much water to run through to have a good flush, but triple sounds safer.
have a nice day Friends.

Thanks for the confirmation ec! :thanks: We had a great couple of days smoke-out and a game of 'long Risk' :passitleft:

looking really good now not overly stressed they should get big

I am hoping so b. :thumb: :passitleft:

Sounds like your on top of it ajagunle :) hopefully they'll start taking those nutrients now. Peace man

G'day ajagunle, how's it all going? Hope alls well man, have a good day/night.

Sounds like your on top of it ajagunle :) hopefully they'll start taking those nutrients now. Peace man

G'day ajagunle, how's it all going? Hope alls well man, have a good day/night.

Just catching up. Looking good man.:thumb:

Apologies for my long absence.:sorry:

I have had a series of unplanned family visits and been unable to casually disappear into my larder, with my camera, for a quick half hour to check on progress in the garden! I am sure things are OK as I managed a quick splash and dash on Thursday night, ph was 5.6 (changed to 5.9) and there was enough space in the tank for a 10l top-up. TDS had not changed and I added only plain water, lowering TDS to 115ppm. So I haven’t resolved the lockout situation!

The buds are looking fantastic as far as ‘white dusting’ is concerned, but ‘The Thickening’ has not begun, it might be that Timewreck is a late starter, more likely to be the lockout.

In 48hrs I will be able to spend some time with the Girls and until then they will have to remain in what I would describe as stasis.

:lot-o-toke::roorrip::scratchinghead::headbanger:

The Kitchen Bin Project

First up is Northern Lights Auto, a week or so from showing first signs of Pistils. The smaller pot has certainly freed up space for a taller plant, is it just more stalk? I have tied the main stem lowering the top bud to below the height of the highest seocndary’s, which has certainly slowed stretch if not stopped it.

NL_sv_6_5_14_a.jpg

The leaves look a little limp, not the crisp rigid green other autos achieve in a bigger pot, mmm, the compost is dry 24hrs after watering so I have ordered 7” pots, half way between the two. The yellowing is caused by the lighting for the photo, actually all green.

NL_bev_a.jpg

The Massive Midget is on day55 since showing pistils, no signs of any amber trichs,

MM_top_bud_6_5_14_b.jpg

in fact there has been new green growth, I have been wondering if this is a sign of foxtailing, which would appear to put harvest further away?

MM_top_bud_cu_a.jpg

The main fan leaves are showing signs of resupplying all their goodness to the buds so I have started to water with ¾ soil nutes and ¼ veg nutes, which does appear to be beneficial.

MM_Full_bin.jpg

everything looks great. what's up with the calcium burn on the massive midget though?

The Kitchen Bin Project

The Massive Midget buds are swelling nicely, signs of ‘some’ cloudy trichs ‘just’ waiting left to do.

MM_bud_cu_a.jpg

She has had a really good flush with rain water whilst in the bath, at least 3 times the pot volume of water, the really calcified leaves removed and I think she looks OK

MM_bath.jpg

Northern Lights auto appears to respond well to a bit of spreading with string, below the lights and filling the Bin

NL_bev_a1.jpg

The plant looks very shabby in a small pot, almost downcast? I am thankful of the extra height from the smaller pot but is this the cost of a smaller root ball?

NL_bev_b.jpg

Pistils are looking white and juicy

NL_bud_b.jpg

The Timewreck are hanging on in there, I shall take photos later.

that plant looks great! she's gonna be a producer. is she just thirsty or is that because of the small container? you gotta do something about that.

the massive midget looks more midget than massive lol.

that plant looks great! she's gonna be a producer. is she just thirsty or is that because of the small container? you gotta do something about that.

the massive midget looks more midget than massive lol.

Thanks b. The Northern Lights is forming a good canopy so far! She might be thirsty, I am watering 3 times every 48hrs, not sure what else I can do pot-size-wise, any ideas? I tied the Massive Midget too early, I will grow another and with the benefit of experience I hope to get a slightly taller plant!

Cool update. What's up with the droopy leaves? Still it looks like it's doing really good. :)

I thought droopy leaves were a sign of over-watering, I’m thinking she’s thirsty due to being in such a small pot, maybe she is not as dry as I think, I’ll go 48hrs with no water and see if there is any change.

Timewreck is soldiering on, at day 69 of bloom out of a recommended 60, there are some amber trichs, mostly cloudy. The buds have hardly swelled at all due to the lockout and 3 wks of house guests, the plants are now consuming half strength nutes.

TW_17_5_14_bud_b.jpg

The sample smokes have been quite spectacular, if you like that sort of thing, I have lost whole days at a time, my mind has been busy continually, achieving nothing!

TW_17_5_14_bud_a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom