Timewreck - Grown In Hydro With LED & A ScrOG

I have not mentioned the Grow that the title of the thread refers to for a while so hopefully some change since the last time. They are on day 33 of Bloom and the canopy is not as dense or even as I had wanted.

Garden_sv_b.jpg

There is visible air movement throughout, although if there had been more tall branches I would have needed more, I will hang another bank of 5 CPU fans for the next grow.

The node spacing is more than I am used to with CFL bulbs, or maybe they have stretched more because the LEDs are too high?

Stem_a.jpg

They are about 36 inches from the screen and the tops of the tallest stems are 23 inches above the screen.

inch.jpg
Inches

The buds are looking good, about half-way there according to all the aspirational sales bumph.

Bud_a.jpg

The nutes strength is something occupying my mind at the moment, I need to set the scene.

When they went into Bloom they were able to keep a res stable at a TDS of about 480ppm, going into Bloom I was raising the TDS at each res change to a stable 530ppm by day 21 when I then added the Bloom additive, Buddy, as proscribed in the manufacturers schedule, at well below the recommended strength, about 25%. I reduced the bloom nutes by 5ml to make room for 2ml of Buddy (TDS wise) but within 24hrs the TDS was 560+, I diluted with ‘pure’ water and within 24hrs it was 550,. I have diluted for 4 days now.

Thoughts.
If the plants are not using Buddy, the bloom elixir, it will become more concentrated raising TDS and the available Bloon nutes will be decreasing in strength with each dilution and this could result in deficiency’s?

Draining the tank is an operational nightmare but I think I should be adding bloom nutes and diluting at the same time, dilemma, :tokin:

Your grows are so well documented AJ, pleasure to read through and see.
Nice!
:thanks::thumb:
So, you haven't had any negative impacts from transplanting your autos instead of starting out in the final pot?

Just curious what your thoughts are on what you've done here.
:circle-of-love:

My experiences with Autos are, 'outside with no potting up', or, 'indoor with', no meaningful comparison. My indoor experience, whilst not extensive, leads me to ‘believe’ that potting up at the first sign of roots from the bottom of the pot has no detrimental effect, whilst waiting until the roots start to curl does appear to reduce vertical growth however. I am trying to keep them as compact as possible and so easier to keep under the RADAR, for maximum growth I think timely potting up would be the regime for me.

Not sure about LST on Auto’s at all at the moment, did you top your fruit Auto in the end?

:thanks::thumb:

My experiences with Autos are, 'outside with no potting up', or, 'indoor with', no meaningful comparison. My indoor experience, whilst not extensive, leads me to ‘believe’ that potting up at the first sign of roots from the bottom of the pot has no detrimental effect, whilst waiting until the roots start to curl does appear to reduce vertical growth however. I am trying to keep them as compact as possible and so easier to keep under the RADAR, for maximum growth I think timely potting up would be the regime for me.

Not sure about LST on Auto’s at all at the moment, did you top your fruit Auto in the end?

No, I left her alone. I wanted to see personally what an auto does with no manipulations or alterations to the natural growth.
I have a couple of freebie auto seeds from the last purchase, when I germ those I may finnaggle around with LST'ing and topping just to see what they do.
Thanks for the info on that!
:thumb:

Just a thought, would it not be worth starting the autos in their final pots and just some gentle training to open them up a little?

Just a thought, would it not be worth starting the autos in their final pots and just some gentle training to open them up a little?

Hi GrizzWald, a good thought but…I have a nursery next to the bins where they spend the first 3 or4 weeks of their life and the larger pots will not fit in, even the smaller larger pots. So to keep the harvests as close together as I can, will involve some potting up, any stunting that does or doesn’t result is also a bonus from my point of view!

Day 35 of flower, there are some areas that look quite thick with stems,

RHS_a.jpg

There are some nice buds along the stems

Stems_b.jpg

Stems_a.jpg

There is definite magic showing, far more and earlier than with CFLs which is very encouraging.

Bud_a1.jpg

I have almost allowed the TDS to get too strong, yesterday TDS had risen to 660ppm and the res was very low, I topped with 6l of nutes diluted to 340, veg nutes only, no Buddy and no Fulvic, once I had added to the res TDS was 520 and room in the tank for another 6l of ‘pure’ water. Today TDS was 560, rising but at a lower rate, ph had dropped to 5.6 during the last 24 hrs giving access to Calcium and Manganese, I boiled and filtered some harvested rainwater and I have topped with 6l, bringing the TDS to 480 and ph to 5.9, the tank is now full and I shall inspect at their dawn tomorrow.

Starting to look frosty Aj. ;)
Thanks Stealth, I wish I had filled the space like you you did with the Blue Mystic!

hope they (or is it just one she?) stacks nice for you. looking good

Thanks B, looking forward to the ‘thickening’, there are 2 Timewreck under the screen, about half way there according to others!

The Massive Midget kitchen bin grow is now on day 27 since first pistil showed. My first adventure with lst and Autos, it has stopped vertical growth, this may be to do with tying the main bud too low,

MM_sv_16_4_14_a.jpg

I will definitely continue lst with Autos, careful not to restrict vertical growth until the grow space is full but definitely to spread the canopy to get an even spread of light over a spread canopy

MM_canopy_16_4_14_a.jpg

The frostiness is showing

MM_top_bud_16_4_14_a.jpg

Back in the bin, there are still 2 bricks raising the pot which I doubt I will need to remove,

MM_bin_16_4_14_b.jpg

Hi Aja, i just take this journal on the run , i know but i guess i'll learn a lot about auto's lsting which is one of my fav technique to bring the light inside and thicken the secondary shoots.
then if you don't mind i missed the start, i would sub.
girlz are nice and packing on trichs, nice blooming garden Man.

i wish you a great time between them.

E.D.

Hi Aja, i just take this journal on the run , i know but i guess i'll learn a lot about auto's lsting which is one of my fav technique to bring the light inside and thicken the secondary shoots.
then if you don't mind i missed the start, i would sub.
girlz are nice and packing on trichs, nice blooming garden Man.

i wish you a great time between them.

E.D.

Looking good and frosty! Keep it up good job.

Back
Top Bottom