TimHomeGrow Fastbuds Bluedreamatic Auto In Soil

Is that Hot Shot really nasty with strong chemical funk? Never used one, but I’’m curious about this?

maybe take it down and double bag seal it for another usage... IDK?
It has a pretty rank odor but probably not as nasty smelling as neem ha. It just really shouldn't be used indoors if people and pets are in the house, clearly states that and keeping indoor exposure below 4 hours at a time. I had it in there for 6 hours of lights off. From everything I read, people say to use it one night and then bag it and store it if needed again. Apparently kills everything pretty quickly.

My dogs are my babies and I was mostly worried about the hot shot getting in the HVAC and sickening the dogs. I make them homemade food while.I eat processed junk haha

hey Tim! thought I pop by to see what you've got going on. Hope the BE works well for you....I was shy with BE when using it for the first time so I started at .25g and upped to 1g max....on my current plants I plan to go up to recommended 1.5g...will see how they turn out... Garden is looking good btw!

hey Tim! thought I pop by to see what you've got going on. Hope the BE works well for you....I was shy with BE when using it for the first time so I started at .25g and upped to 1g max....on my current plants I plan to go up to recommended 1.5g...will see how they turn out... Garden is looking good btw!

Hey THC, thanks for stopping in. I did add the 1g/gal of BE today per the bag instructions....we shall see how it performs ;)

Thanks for the reply THG, kinda what I thought.... strong chemical odor. It’s great to clear out critters but not something for long term use.

I changed out my yellow sticky cards....curious if they catch any gnats. Figure if it killed all the gnats then it killed all the mites too.

Strangest thing on the sticky cards. I noticed during the great summer of 2020 fungus gnat and mite outbreak the sticky trap on top of the soil on the Alaska Purps was covered with tiny dark spots. Never knew mites would go there and I never scoped with the 30/60 X but it’s gotta be the deal. The mites just like the gnats are attracted to the color yellow and the glue stops them. Most of the time anyway!! Bizarre but I have seen gnats strong enough to walk across a sticky trap or perhaps the sticky was weak from water misting the plant?? IDK.... but he was high stepping trying to get to the edge!!

i have not used the hotshot before so yeah, but I think my critters are toast.

Now if I could only regulate my tent temp. It's in the finished basement with HVAC, but the outside temp has dropped the past day and my AC isn't kicking on much and the tent is 80+81 again...grrrr. I even have the AC set on 69 and freezing up stairs ha.

Your tent is not really short, but if you have the height room, Gorilla grow tents have tents that can be over 7 feet tall and that extra headroom really helps with temp control. I had a terrible time with temps on my last grow, but my GGT tent has done much better. My last tent was 4 inches shorter than yours and the new one is 6'11" but the tent came with an extra foot extension, but my ceiling is too low to add it. I also had to add a window AC to the room where my tent is. My home air conditioning doesn't do a great job of cooling the upstairs anyway.

Day 42 update

Not a critter in the traps, the hotshot hopefully killed everything ha.

I wish I wasn't colorblind, but I can see shading, do my leaves look ok color wise?

I feel like they are losing color up top and don't want yellow leaves all through flower again. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_20200916_101729.jpg
    IMG_20200916_101729.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20200916_101635.jpg
    IMG_20200916_101635.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20200916_101515.jpg
    IMG_20200916_101515.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
You're in flower and nice and green with no burned tips or signs of Ca deficiency that I always seem to get, so I would say you're doing better than I. They look good!
Thanks! Now if I can just get the temp down a few degrees I'd feel better haha. Looking at mini AC units online but seems most increase humidity and that's not good ha.

I may actually leave my tent open when I go away for three days this weekend and won't be home to monitor. It's ok if the house smells of pot ha

Day 43

Apparently 6 hours of of the hot shot may not have been enough to rid my bug issue. I noticed for the first time today two gnats in my cards which isn't a concern, but my leaf/bug issue has spread slightly. Only the one plant is infected and it's the lowest fan leaves that touch the tent.

IMG_20200917_203624.jpg

An hour with the loupe and looking and I can't find a bug. I did see this under the microscope, not sure if it's a bug, egg, or some diematious earth that I blew onto the soil and perhaps got on the underside of some leaves?

200917_204344.jpg

Also noticed what may be some cal/mag deficiency on one fan leaf
IMG_20200917_202150.jpg

Based on my last grow at this stage ...guessing about 4 weeks to harvest. Hope I can keep my bug issue, if it really is one, at Bay until then because the girls are looking good otherwise ;)

IMG_20200917_205822.jpg

Day 43

Apparently 6 hours of of the hot shot may not have been enough to rid my bug issue. I noticed for the first time today two gnats in my cards which isn't a concern, but my leaf/bug issue has spread slightly. Only the one plant is infected and it's the lowest fan leaves that touch the tent.

IMG_20200917_203624.jpg

An hour with the loupe and looking and I can't find a bug. I did see this under the microscope, not sure if it's a bug, egg, or some diematious earth that I blew onto the soil and perhaps got on the underside of some leaves?

200917_204344.jpg

Also noticed what may be some cal/mag deficiency on one fan leaf
IMG_20200917_202150.jpg

Based on my last grow at this stage ...guessing about 4 weeks to harvest. Hope I can keep my bug issue, if it really is one, at Bay until then because the girls are looking good otherwise ;)

IMG_20200917_205822.jpg
I agree with Emilya , looks as it should mate. If your using l.e.d , often we need to add calmag as the lights tend to use more mg. An odd side effect but often commented on. I tend to add calmag as a matter of course now.

Excellent choice on the autos too. Bluedreamatic get dense ans big. Loved my exp with it.
megacrop too . amazing nute line. I found using calmag / sillica in combo with it was a perfect feed regime. The silica allows some very good suppleness for training out too. Got to love the quadlines too. Great method and results from doing it , i managed to get my ladies 2-3ft wide and flat before flip this run . it has given me a really workable framework now and they have started to look productive with long colas forming. Reading the start of the diary and seeing backbuilding also stoked my interest too. It works really well and i often debate internally as to wether or not to do it again. I dis have good results with a red diesel when i tried it and the difference between the ones backbuilt and not was clear. It is good for when foxtailing occurs too. Def makes fatter buds in size but the density is is usually down to pheno of the plant i find. Led helps too but mainly the strains traits create it. Your doing really well so far .nice job.
On the drying side , for me and based on my situation and spaces , i dry whole with no trim or dismantling in a cool ( 19°c) with humidity approx 50% , airflow exchanging without direct blowing on the plant and totally dark. This way takes about 10-14 days to be ready to harvest. The reasoning is that the plants do not die instantly when we chop them down and so many processes are still in full swing. She will continue to move mobile nutrients throughout the plant until total dehydration occurs and she sleeps the long sleep.while she is drying out , she will be converting all the chloryophyl she can into sugars ect to keep her buds supple and fresh for pollen , she will also be in panic mode to attract pollinators to her buds so will put terps out to draw them in too. This whoke process bemefits is as it uses up the majority of the green chloryphyl which creates the harsh hit when dried . This is often the issue when drying too quickly and after a wet trim and dissection to dry. This way the processes get halted mid flow and have no way of using up the green trapped in each severed limb or converting anything. Sounds crazy but worth a read up . it also preserves the terpenes better too. This is a mini curing process too as the leaves will wrap to protect the buds and keep them moist , hence the airflow/low temp to avoid mould being able to develop.
This way also means less time jarred for taste . it is a little more work trimming but well worth it. I never flush during the grow unless an error happened and i need a reset ( in L.O.S for 3 but even nft, coco ect). This is due to logic, plenty of reading and trail and error over a long time. It starves the plant when she is most in need of extra food for her babies. Just sayin..... Lol

Day 47

I was gone for three days so the girls went about a 1/2 day longer than they should have for another water/feeding. I upped MC to 5.5g, added 3.5ml CalMag, and did not add the Bud Explosion like I did with the last two feedings because of my leaves. They got very bright/light and I'm not entirely sure why. Too long without nutes/water? Tent temp of 80-81? I did post a few days ago before leaving for my trip that perhaps I had some calcium deficiency starting show. Wish I added the CalMag at that time.

Good news is I'm not seeing anymore big damage but that may be because some older lower fans of that plant have died :(.

Interesting side note ...the plant that was trimmed/trained with only nodes 3,4,5 seems to have the best bud growth this far and most dying leaves. The plant trained with nodes 2,3,4,5 has the second best bud development. The third which was untouched since birth has the smallest bud development so far

Difference in shading/color....what's the deal and how do I stop and or reverse this?
IMG_20200921_084432.jpg

Outside the tent picture, they don't look as bright but still too light in color right?
IMG_20200920_210914.jpg

Some of the lower fans leaves
IMG_20200921_084335.jpg

IMG_20200920_204515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom