Toast's 2016 Indoor/Outdoor Grow Journal

Here's the empty #2 slot in Planter #2
DSCF78581.JPG

Is there any particular reason you remove the rootball when you harvest a plant?

Indoors, I have just snipped off the trunk near the soil line and planted a new plant alongside the old roots.

Outdoors, it seems you could do the same thing.

Is it because you always plant in new soil?

Wow you too... I live in the NW I thought the weather was going to hold off a few more days. Then the rain came then the wind then the hail. Luckily I covered most of my crop.
Take care sorry to hear your struggling with Mother Nature she will give you a good return don't worry.

Where are you located?

Radogast, I all way cut the plant off at ground level when I harvest. Then I pull the root ball when I'm getting the hole ready for next time. I don't see any reason why I couldn't plant a plant right along side an old root ball. Just never thought about it before. Bensbuds, I live in the high desert just north of LA Calif. Sounds like your having a worse time of it then me. It just gets frustrating putting the time, effort, and mostly LOVE into these plants and then have something stupid happen that's out of your control. A few years back I had a 28 plant hedge in the plot on the Hill and a FREAK MONSOON came from the Colorado River across the vast desert, straight to my house, ( Like a Tornado to a Trailer Park ) LOL and through marble size Hail at 60 - 70 mph and just destroyed the entire thing. So you know what they say, " SHIT HAPPENS ". At least I'm not the only one that stuff happens to. Alright, Alright, Alright, after feeding the plants that are still flowering, I pulled 3 Plants, 2 JD's
DSCF78601.JPG
DSCF7862.JPG
and a PR, not a Punta Roja but a Pineapple Reserve
DSCF7864.JPG
When ever I harvest plants I all ways mark what they are on the stalk with a Sharpie so as there is no confusion when I get them down the Hill.
DSCF7866.JPG
Temporarily hung while I get the buckets ready for trimming, washing and hanging.
DSCF7867.JPG
I'll Be Back - with the rest when I finish the process. TOAST

Radogast, I all way cut the plant off at ground level when I harvest. Then I pull the root ball when I'm getting the hole ready for next time. I don't see any reason why I couldn't plant a plant right along side an old root ball. Just never thought about it before.
I thought you were pulling the rootball during harvest - which made little sense. Thanks for explaining your process.

Temporarily hung while I get the buckets ready for trimming, washing and hanging.
DSCF7867.JPG
I'll Be Back - with the rest when I finish the process. TOAST

This photo. I like it.

Something about the business like harvesting of valuable plants.

It reminds me of hanging fish and tobacco on racks.

The wise ones following the old ways and hanging their herbs.

I just flat ran out of room in the outdoor veg room. So I swapped the clones and the hanging buds, putting the small clones in the house with the bagged clones, so that stupid Pack Rat wont get them.
DSCF7916.JPG
DSCF79171.JPG
Then I went on the Hill and pulled 3 plants 2 - JD's and 1 - UD Chem.
DSCF79181.JPG
DSCF79201.JPG
DSCF79212.JPG
DSCF79222.JPG
DSCF79361.JPG
Here's some close ups of the First Ever Harvested UltraDawg Chem pretty Bad Ass Lookin Bud
DSCF79252.JPG
DSCF7927.JPG
DSCF7929.JPG
DSCF7930.JPG
I will post some more after I trim and wash it. TOAST

Further proof that your plastic bag cloning approach rocks!!! My first rooted clone.

image18057.jpeg

Thank you. :hug: :love: You have no idea what a big deal this is for me. I didn't want to lose these genetics, but I really needed the tent space. But beyond that is the fact that I just proved to myself that I could make it work. And it was all because of you TOAST. :kisstwo:

I pulled the remaining UD X JDS in Planter#2. A little disappointing, the EF's Blocked the light so the inside of the plant was nothing.
DSCF7954.JPG
DSCF7955.JPG
Notice in this next picture how just the top 10 or 12 internodes were bud and every thing underneath never developed.
DSCF7958.JPG
DSCF7960.JPG
DSCF79631.JPG
and this is just part of what I through away.
DSCF7968.JPG
I didn't throw it away, I put it in my pile of dirt. BYE BYE TOAST

They sure look sweet hanging there though TOAST. Bummer to find one sparse. :hug::hug::hug:

How much did ya haul, my man? Are you keeping up? :laughtwo:

Hey Con, as it stands right now, I got 1 lb jarred, 2 lb's hanging
DSCF7972.JPG
and an additional 38 plants to harvest, so it's kind a hard to know what the total is going to be until it's all tore down. Those JDS's in Planter #2 were really sparse. It looked like they were going to be the big score until you started disassembling them and it turned out all that was worth saving was the very ends of the branches. You know how bitchen they looked when you were here, then they did absolutely nothing on the inside of the plant. I went through the 3 EF's and cut away branches and leaves that were blocking premium bud sites, so hopefully they will Fare a lot better then the JDS. TTYL Buddy Tell Novella, Azula and Stephano I said hello

Back
Top Bottom