Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W LED

Re: Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W GLH LED

1900 ppm sounds a bit too high for hydro if you ask me. But there is always flushing if you were just experimenting. I'd say it's about time for a dose of pure h2o for your res on next top off. Jus goin off the saying "bettr to under feed, than over feed". And you are so far! Treat those girls right :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was thinking about backing off it a bit. The tips are just starting to show burn. I will post some pics tonight.

One thing I have noticed about hydro is that even when I hold my formula steady (same amount of nutes per gallon), the PPM's just slowly raise over time. When I flush the system, the PPM's go back to what I expect, but then slowly start creeping back up. I have suspicions that the increase is either due to some algae growing or salt build up. Anyone else have the same observation? Do you know why that occurs? :ganjamon:

Now when you say pure h2o do you mean a higher concentration of h2o? I have been adding about 5.5ml per gallon of h2o (3.5% h2o) everyday.

:peace:

I was thinking about backing off it a bit. The tips are just starting to show burn. I will post some pics tonight.

One thing I have noticed about hydro is that even when I hold my formula steady (same amount of nutes per gallon), the PPM's just slowly raise over time. When I flush the system, the PPM's go back to what I expect, but then slowly start creeping back up. I have suspicions that the increase is either due to some algae growing or salt build up. Anyone else have the same observation? Do you know why that occurs? :ganjamon:

Now when you say pure h2o do you mean a higher concentration of h2o? I have been adding about 5.5ml per gallon of h2o (3.5% h2o) everyday.

You are thinking Hydrogen Peroxide. What I meant is you need to add plain(not h2o2) water(no nutes) to your next top off. If you are adding back full stregnth nute water, PPM increases as plants use up water and more solids remain from nutes. Plants use water faster than nutes so what i like 2 do is choose a ppm target the plants like and aim for that target as much as possible. I started with Full stregnth, and top off once with plain water, once with nute water and continue like that. Have yet to change or clean out res, and have yet to do any ph adjusting. Mostly I have to keep up with my ppm and everything else falls into place. Hope that helps. If you knew that already, hope I reminded you :cheesygrinsmiley:

And I wouldn't worry about algea in your setup. I have a clear res and am highly at risk of algea. But it seems as long as temps aren't too high and things are clean then you are good to go. Solids are building up. You should take a look through The Lucas threads. A ton of reading, but solid A-1 info on there just like on IrishBoy's threads. Two of my favorite threads to read through every now and then. Most of what I have learned comes from there

You are thinking Hydrogen Peroxide. What I meant is you need to add plain(not h2o2) water(no nutes) to your next top off. If you are adding back full stregnth nute water, PPM increases as plants use up water and more solids remain from nutes. Plants use water faster than nutes so what i like 2 do is choose a ppm target the plants like and aim for that target as much as possible. I started with Full stregnth, and top off once with plain water, once with nute water and continue like that. Have yet to change or clean out res, and have yet to do any ph adjusting. Mostly I have to keep up with my ppm and everything else falls into place. Hope that helps. If you knew that already, hope I reminded you :cheesygrinsmiley:

Haha....man i didn't get enough sleep last night! My brain must not be working today. I totally here ya on adding just h2o to keep the PPM's in balance. Thanks for the explanation of the slow PPM creep. Makes total sense. +reps to you! :thanks:

And I wouldn't worry about algea in your setup. I have a clear res and am highly at risk of algea. But it seems as long as temps aren't too high and things are clean then you are good to go. Solids are building up. You should take a look through The Lucas threads. A ton of reading, but solid A-1 info on there just like on IrishBoy's threads. Two of my favorite threads to read through every now and then. Most of what I have learned comes from there

Thanks! I have only had a little bit of algae, but nothing that has caused problems so far. I use h2o2 (hehe, my brain must be working again) to keep the pond scum at bay. The roots are white and really healthy. Temps are one of my main issues. It is really hot where I live and it is pretty difficult to keep the temps in the norm. So far, the plants are doing ok with the extreme temps (cab with lights on - 93F - 103F, hydro 81F - 86F) :wood:

I totally agree about the lucas threads and Irishboy's threads. Hehe, they have been some of my main sources of learning. :bong:

Update time! Day 23 Flower.

Lots going on with the ladies. The flowers are starting to put on bulk and get bigger. The Purple Kushes should have some good size buds (hoping :)). The PK's have a lot of bud sites at all levels of the plant. I will post a pic of it in another post (I have a question for you all). The XJ's are streeeeeeetching! I have another question on height that I will post in another post. Man I am high maintenance tonight :grinjoint:

Now to the pics.

All plants Day 23 Flower - Notice the difference between the XJ's and the PK's. Really glad I have 2 lights. I had to use some string and staples to pull the XJ's back on their half of the cab. They were not being good neighbors.
all-d23f.jpg

Purple Kush #1 Day 23 Flower - This is a picture of one of the main cola's. It looks like it will make a pretty good size bud (fingers crossed).
pk-1-d23f-bud.jpg

XJ-13's Day 23 Flower - These ladies are amazons. They just keep growing and growing.
xj-d17f.jpg

XJ-13 #1 Day 23 Flower - This is the main cola for XJ-13. She is the runt of the group. I bet that the other XJ will produce 4 times the haul of this one.
xj-1-d23f-bud.jpg

The XJ-13's won't stop growing. I am still getting 2" - 3" a day. They grew 1ft in 5 days. My lights on the pulleys have maxed out their height. I am going to have to remove the pulleys and place the lights on the roof hooks. I think I can get another 6" of height that way. After that I am done.

There is one bud site that is taking off (3" taller than the other main sites). Right now the main cola is 6" from the light. It is doing fine with no light or heat damage. So at the current rate I will be maxed out in 2-3 days. Hmm...what to do. Should I LST the cola down? Other suggestions?

xj-d23f-tops.jpg

Got another question for ya all. I have been trimming the undersides of the ladies but on the Purple Kushes a bunch of bud sites have developed really low on the plants. These sites are getting little to no light. Should I trim these areas to give more energy to the top sites? Or should I let them grow into popcorn buds? What do you normally do with the lower bud sites?

Below is a pick of the underside of Purple Kush #1.
pk-1-d23f-under.jpg

Update time! Day 23 Flower.

Lots going on with the ladies. The flowers are starting to put on bulk and get bigger. The Purple Kushes should have some good size buds (hoping :)). The PK's have a lot of bud sites at all levels of the plant. I will post a pic of it in another post (I have a question for you all). The XJ's are streeeeeeetching! I have another question on height that I will post in another post. Man I am high maintenance tonight :grinjoint:

Now to the pics.

All plants Day 23 Flower - Notice the difference between the XJ's and the PK's. Really glad I have 2 lights. I had to use some string and staples to pull the XJ's back on their half of the cab. They were not being good neighbors.
all-d23f.jpg

Purple Kush #1 Day 23 Flower - This is a picture of one of the main cola's. It looks like it will make a pretty good size bud (fingers crossed).
pk-1-d23f-bud.jpg

XJ-13's Day 23 Flower - These ladies are amazons. They just keep growing and growing.
xj-d17f.jpg

XJ-13 #1 Day 23 Flower - This is the main cola for XJ-13. She is the runt of the group. I bet that the other XJ will produce 4 times the haul of this one.
xj-1-d23f-bud.jpg

the girls are looking great. dont worry the XJ's are gonna pack on some great weight latter on trust me. i love the plant because theirs not allot of leaves so it grow nice and open for the light to hit. good thing u have 2 different lights or u would have some trouble
The XJ-13's won't stop growing. I am still getting 2" - 3" a day. They grew 1ft in 5 days. My lights on the pulleys have maxed out their height. I am going to have to remove the pulleys and place the lights on the roof hooks. I think I can get another 6" of height that way. After that I am done.

There is one bud site that is taking off (3" taller than the other main sites). Right now the main cola is 6" from the light. It is doing fine with no light or heat damage. So at the current rate I will be maxed out in 2-3 days. Hmm...what to do. Should I LST the cola down? Other suggestions?

xj-d23f-tops.jpg

ya i found that out the hard way. after my last grow and how much she stretched i said next time i grow that strain i am gonna flower at 12". i new that was gonna happen to you, their freaking huge bro. if it keep growing and its gonna hit the light u would want to think about LST the top some. just bend it little by little every day to not fold the stem.

Got another question for ya all. I have been trimming the undersides of the ladies but on the Purple Kushes a bunch of bud sites have developed really low on the plants. These sites are getting little to no light. Should I trim these areas to give more energy to the top sites? Or should I let them grow into popcorn buds? What do you normally do with the lower bud sites?

Below is a pick of the underside of Purple Kush #1.
pk-1-d23f-under.jpg

Allot of the authors that grow say dont trim once your into flowering that late because ur plants already put the energy into those bud sites. if it were me i would trim them because i have no use for fluffy buds that are just leaves and i still fell it let the plants put energy into the upper buds. but thats just my opinion. not too sure in some of the authors are right from what i have read. but i always say screw it. you could always just do one of them and see what the difference is at the end and u will know for future grows.

the girls are looking great. dont worry the XJ's are gonna pack on some great weight latter on trust me. i love the plant because theirs not allot of leaves so it grow nice and open for the light to hit. good thing u have 2 different lights or u would have some trouble
Hehe...I am so glad I have 2 lights. I don't know how you did it with the one 600W and 2 strains. I have a new appreciation for the the height management you had to do on that grow. :grinjoint:

ya i found that out the hard way. after my last grow and how much she stretched i said next time i grow that strain i am gonna flower at 12". i new that was gonna happen to you, their freaking huge bro. if it keep growing and its gonna hit the light u would want to think about LST the top some. just bend it little by little every day to not fold the stem.
I hear ya there. Flipping early with the strain is going be key if you have height limitations. The XJ-13's have grown so much more in early flower stage. I am going to LST that main cola tonight. If I don't I expect that it will grow right up to the light.

Allot of the authors that grow say dont trim once your into flowering that late because ur plants already put the energy into those bud sites. if it were me i would trim them because i have no use for fluffy buds that are just leaves and i still fell it let the plants put energy into the upper buds. but thats just my opinion. not too sure in some of the authors are right from what i have read. but i always say screw it. you could always just do one of them and see what the difference is at the end and u will know for future grows.
That is a great suggestion. It is harder for me trim the plant in the back, so if I cut the popcorn buds off it will be from the front plant. I love experimentation so it should be a kewl exercise. Although I will bet my hands will be shaking as it seems so sacrilegious to cut any bud before its time. I will just have to tell myself it is for the good of the harvest......it is for the good of the harvest.......it is for the good of the harvest.......

pk-1-d23f-bud.jpg

That looks like it's gonna be a real nice cola, and your plants are looking great!

I'd do some serious height management before they get deeper into bloom.

How woody are the stems?

If the stems aren't too woody, you can LST them. Might have to do it a little at a time over a few days if they're not flexible. Doing it about an hour or two after watering helps because the stems are more pliable then.

You could supercrop them too, but if they were my plants, I'd exhaust the LST option before doing that in bloom.

If you can bend them over, you're going to have a *ton* of bud sites, and some headroom.

hers somthing for u to look foward to bro. Oh ya your danked out of ur mind from this strain. the smell is one of a kind you wont find another plant that smell like the jack. its priceless.

if you mind the pics let me know and i will delete them. hope the pics are good motivation for you.

next grow i might get some PK clones and give them a shoot depending on how they turn out for you.

close_up_pics_4_600x449.jpg

close_up_pics_2_600x449.jpg

resin_pics_006_600x449.jpg

63_days_of_flowering_019_600x449.jpg

63_days_of_flowering_013_600x449.jpg

resin_pics_005_600x449.jpg

proof_012_600x449.jpg

proof_015_600x449.jpg

wow man you plants are lookin great, good job. its great that you are in 23 day flower cuz i am in day 21 and this will be good to compare to for me, just letting me know if i am doin shit or not, lol.
:bravo:

That looks like it's gonna be a real nice cola, and your plants are looking great!

I'd do some serious height management before they get deeper into bloom.

How woody are the stems?

If the stems aren't too woody, you can LST them. Might have to do it a little at a time over a few days if they're not flexible. Doing it about an hour or two after watering helps because the stems are more pliable then.

You could supercrop them too, but if they were my plants, I'd exhaust the LST option before doing that in bloom.

If you can bend them over, you're going to have a *ton* of bud sites, and some headroom.

Thanks SS! I just LST'd the top cola. It bent really good without any problems. The stems are really thick but pretty pliable. When I went in tonight it was 2" from the light. It grew about 3.5" in 24 hours. I am hoping they slow down soon! :rollit:

Looking great my friend :goodjob:

Thanks man!

wow man you plants are lookin great, good job. its great that you are in 23 day flower cuz i am in day 21 and this will be good to compare to for me, just letting me know if i am doin shit or not, lol.
:bravo:

Hehe....I hope I don't screw it up from here! Thanks for watching and let me know how your ladies are doing! :yummy:

hers somthing for u to look foward to bro. Oh ya your danked out of ur mind from this strain. the smell is one of a kind you wont find another plant that smell like the jack. its priceless.

if you mind the pics let me know and i will delete them. hope the pics are good motivation for you.

next grow i might get some PK clones and give them a shoot depending on how they turn out for you.

Irish you can post anything you want on my thread. Mi thread su thread :ganjamon:

bro those pics have got me stoked! Those are the exact pics that got me to get the XJ-13's. When I saw that those clones were in I had to have them. This strain is fun to grow and I can't wait for those buds to fatten up.

By the looks of it, the PK will make some big buds. The stalks are way thicker than a pencil. I bet the silica has something to do with it.

Thanks man!

Hehe....I hope I don't screw it up from here! Thanks for watching and let me know how your ladies are doing! :yummy:

I know how u feel, its like we've come so far and if it crumbles now, well that would be just a shame. if youd like to see my plants i have a thread on here you can check out. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom