Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W LED

Re: Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W GLH LED

Thanks guys! All is well on the front. I am getting ready to go on a 7 day trip. My brother is watching the plants while I am gone. I am a nervous wreck leaving the ladies, but I know they are in good hands. :grinjoint:

Nice, have fun bro! :grinjoint:

A whole week! Well I hope ur girls stay safe and make out alright. I wish them the best of luck.

Oh, n u take care as well:cheesygrinsmiley:

Heya all!!!

I am back from vacation. It was a great 7 days.

Now for the update. I have good news and bad news. Let's start with the bad news. Those fucking mites are back!!! All I can say is I HATE those little bastards. While I was gone, i didn't have my brother stop the fans during the dark period (cause he wasn't going to be there to turn it back on when the lights came back on). I kept the NPS in the cabinet, but I guess it was not enough. The mites did some pretty good damage to the lower leaves. I had to cut quite a few off. Another piece of bad news is that Purple Kush #2's biggest cola fell over while I was gone. The cola is so big and heavy that it pushed over a few more main branches. One of the smaller branches broke. I cut it off and trimmed it up. It is now drying. I was able to prop up the branches and now all seems to be good.

The good news. The PK's are ready to harvest. I have about 70% cloudy and 30% amber. Tomorrow I flush for a week and I will harvest them next Monday! They have filled out nicely!!! However the XJ-13's are not ready. I will have to do some tricky things to flush the PK's while feeding the XJ's. I am a little disappointed as they were both supposed to be 8 week strains. I suspect that the XJ's will need to go 11 weeks. The nice thing about the XJ's is that there are a crazy amount of buds. They are every where. On the small size, but the quantity is insane. One problem with the XJ's is that they won't stop growing. I am LSTing those bitches every day. It is a maze of strings in there. Every time I bend over a branch it continues to grow another branch. I know it means that I will get more buds, but at this point I would love for them to stop growing. I kid you not, if I had not been LSTing they would be 10-12 ft tall.

I wish I could post pics, but my wife has hid the camera some where and she is asleep. So the pics will have to wait until tomorrow.

:grinjoint:

have fun and be safe brother.

Nice, have fun bro! :grinjoint:

A whole week! Well I hope ur girls stay safe and make out alright. I wish them the best of luck.

Oh, n u take care as well:cheesygrinsmiley:

trichtone, have fun on your trip and don't worry your plants will be fine while you're gone. My plants grew great when I was away for a week. They weren't even drooping from lack of water.

Thanks all! The vacation was great and the plants made it through it :)

Heya All....update time. Day 55 Flower.

I know it has been a while since I posted some pics so here they are. The PK's are ready for harvest (70% cloudy and 30% amber). I started my first flush tonight on the PK's. I will be harvesting them 1 week from now. I think the XJ's still need another 3 weeks until harvest. There are a ton of bud sites, but they still need some filling in.

The mites are back. Those little bastards are hard to kill. I have 2 NPS in my cab, I think I will have to double that.

Now to the pics!

Purple Kush #1 Front - Day 55 of Flower
pk-d55f.jpg

Purple Kush #1 and #2 Top - Day 55 of Flower -
pk-d55f-top.jpg

Purple Kush #1 Bud Compare - Day 55 of Flower -
pk-1-d55f-bud-comp.jpg

Purple Kush #1 Bud - Day 55 of Flower -
pk-1-d55f-bud.jpg

XJ-13 #1 Bud - Day 55 of Flower -
xj-1-d55f-bud.jpg

XJ-13 #1 and #2 Front - Day 55 of Flower -
xj-d55f.jpg

XJ-13 #1 and #2 Tops - Day 55 of Flower -
xj-d55f-top.jpg

:grinjoint:

Sorry to hear about the mites :yikes:

Those ladies are looking really nice otherwise :tokin:

wowza, those plants are beasts....love it....

get some preditor mites....too much bud for spray...

i keep telling peeps and no one listens, it took me 6wks to get rid of mine...the last 3 wks i only sprayed and watered once a wk, but for 3 wks
solid, i sprayed everyone every 3 days and put in soil once a wk...and knock wood, havent seen since....and at the same time put in 3 batches of preditors in the bud room....one wk apart....knock wood, it worked....hope this helps, but you have to keep doing it even when you think they are gone...only way to win with them....i hate those suckers...L

Sorry to hear about the mites :yikes:

Those ladies are looking really nice otherwise :tokin:

Yeah...the mites suck. I just about have them wiped out again. Never ending battle. :grinjoint:

Those XJ's grow wild don't they. I bet those XJ's would yield an ungodly amount in the great Outdoors.

They could easily get 12 ft tall or more. They put out a ton of bud sites as well. I don't think each bud will get really big, but there sure is alot of them. Trimming these babies is going to be a PITA. :)

wowza, those plants are beasts....love it....

get some preditor mites....too much bud for spray...

i keep telling peeps and no one listens, it took me 6wks to get rid of mine...the last 3 wks i only sprayed and watered once a wk, but for 3 wks
solid, i sprayed everyone every 3 days and put in soil once a wk...and knock wood, havent seen since....and at the same time put in 3 batches of preditors in the bud room....one wk apart....knock wood, it worked....hope this helps, but you have to keep doing it even when you think they are gone...only way to win with them....i hate those suckers...L

Thanks Lavendar! I almost have them wiped out again with the NPS. I do want to try neem oil and predator mites in one of my next grows. I am going to try an all natural method soon. Since I started with NPS for this grow I am going to use it to the end (which should be soon - 6 more days for the PK and 3 weeks for the XJ's). Thanks for all of the advice. It helps to see what the experienced growers are using!!! :blunt:

I have a question for you all! I am am flushing the PK's for one week. I am flushing the water in my DWC system everyday. I noticed that my PH has gotten really high 7.8 - 8.2. Should I use PH down? Or is this something not to worry about as I am flushing and don't care about nute absorption? Any advice is appreciated. :grinjoint:

I did not worry about pH adjustments with my end flushes. Just wanted water absorption through the roots so the plant could use nutrients stored within the plant.

Hey Trich, Let me start by saying mad props to you and your insane GLH grow. this is exactly what I wanted to do ever since I got my first GLH light is to run two 300W units in a single tent and just kill it like you are doing. Those PK have some enormous colas to them its no wonder they fell over and the XJ-13's are some giants in their own right. I cant wait to see how everything ends up, but by the looks of the PK I would say its gonna be amazing. Keep it up man.

By the way I was gonna say with the pH and flushing, I think I have read in many places that the pH of the soil/water/medium will determine the availability of nutrients within that medium to be absorbed by the plant. Let me try to say it this way. When you have a high pH like your saying in the 8.0 range the nutrients become locked out and stay within the soil instead of being flushed out as desired. I guess what I said at first may be wrong because Im not entirely sure how this corresponds to plant uptake, but it makes me beleive that if those nutrients are stuck in the soil they are also in equilibrium with the nutrients inside the roots of the plants. Meaning that higher concentration in the medium will lead to a higher concentration in the roots leading to a higher concentration in the plant altogether. Just my thoughts on it though and I have no evidence or references to back this idea up.

Wait your running straight hydro without any medium right? so I guess dont listen to anything I just said because Im not sure if it applies.

hey bro let me just say i am amazed with his grow. those PK look very nice, and thats not a high yielding strain really, you knocked it out of the park. those buds look so dense and tight, looks like their already dried and ready to smoke.. Now its time for those XJ's to pack on the weight, be patient with them they put on their weight on the last few week from what i seen on my last grow. you should go AT-LEAST 70 SOMETHING DAYS!

YOU LOOK TO BE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. HERES SOME OF MINE AT THE SAME TIME AS YOURS FOR A REFERENCE.
day_56_of_flower_006_600x449.jpg

day_56_of_flower_007_600x449.jpg

day_56_of_flower_010_600x449.jpg

No need to flush with hydro unless you were running over 2000 ppm. Though if you do flush, I say ph doesn't matter as you don't have a need for nutrient absorbtion anyway. Just an opinion though

I did not worry about pH adjustments with my end flushes. Just wanted water absorption through the roots so the plant could use nutrients stored within the plant.

Thanks! Thats makes sense. All I want the plants to do is absorb water and no nutes at this point. I can't wait to harvest these babies!!! :tokin:

No need to flush with hydro unless you were running over 2000 ppm. Though if you do flush, I say ph doesn't matter as you don't have a need for nutrient absorbtion anyway. Just an opinion though

I ran these ladies above 2000PPM pretty much all the way through flower. They gobbled up the nutes for sure. Thanks for the confirmation on PH. No need to mess with it. Straight water from here on out for the PK's. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom