Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W LED

Re: Trichtones First Grow | XJ-13 and PK | 600W GLH LED

Trichtone,
I have to complement you on your beautiful setup there!:bravo:
You really did a great job of planning, setting things up and learning your stuff before beginning your first grow. I jumped into mine half baked (hmm..I was probably fully baked but my grow room was half baked :) ) and my plants have suffered for my lack of preparation. They are doing much better with the help of the fine folks on this site.

Can't wait to see how things progress for you!

Glad to hear the ladies are doing good. Hehe, I think when things aren't working it is the best time. Haha, I say that now! I am sure that when the ladies are in flower and close to harvest I will have a different opinion.

here are the best words you will here when growing.

#1. plan before you plant!
#2. K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)
#3. If you think their done wait a week

Follow these are you will be good to go!

I hear ya man! That is a list to live by! I think #3 will be the hardest one to adhere to. I am only imagining that smelling and seeing that bud will give me the urge pull it right away. Must....not....be....tempted. :grinjoint:

Just found this thread thanks to my friends! Super clean setup man plus rep for that. Need to read through all to catch up but man I dig your setup. Back later.

The circulating pump is working great and the ladies are really responding. They really perked up and put on some good growth. Below are some pics of day 6 and day 7 of veg on the Purple Kush #1.

Purple Kush #1 Day 6 of Veg
PK-1-D6.jpg

Purple Kush #1 Day 7 of Veg
PK-1-D7.jpg

High Trich, Beautiful set up :cheer:

I'm pulling up a chair for this grow :cool:

:peace:

Thanks for stopping by HorseBadortiz!

Looking good, starting to perk up!

SG

The girls are looking good. I am worried about the temps. With the lights the cabinet temps are running around 101F and the reservoir temps are around 92F. I am seeing a little root discoloring, but not too much.

Thanks for stopping by HorseBadortiz!

The girls are looking good. I am worried about the temps. With the lights the cabinet temps are running around 101F and the reservoir temps are around 92F. I am seeing a little root discoloring, but not too much.

Thats is well stunting growing and algae temps, those need to be around 25-30 degrees lower = /

SG

Thats is well stunting growing and algae temps, those need to be around 25-30 degrees lower = /

SG

Any ideas? I have seen the water chillers, but everything I read says they generate alot of heat and I should keep them out of the cabinet. Has anyone used other methods to control heat? What about placing a 1 gallon jug that has been iced into the res and switching it our with a fresh one every day?

Any ideas? I have seen the water chillers, but everything I read says they generate alot of heat and I should keep them out of the cabinet. Has anyone used other methods to control heat? What about placing a 1 gallon jug that has been iced into the res and switching it our with a fresh one every day?

Do you have room for an inline fan? And circulation fans?

SG

I have no advice to add, but good luck getting the temp down...been dealing with temp problems myself and it is no fun.

Thanks GG! I checked them this morning and the res temps were 93.5F Yikes. The ladies are growing and looking fairly healthy (except for one runt), but this is my first grow and I am not sure if they should be a lot bigger by now :smokin:

Just trying to figure how it is that hot = / , is the light that hot or is the room contributing as well?

SG

I have another question for you all. LST or Scrog? I would like to LST, but once I tie down the ladies to the buckets I think it would be a pain to get into the plant buckets. I don't open them often, but I do check the roots every so often (maybe twice a week). Am I overthinking this? Will it be a pain in the ass to untie the LST and retie?

If I go Scrog, will it be just a difficult to get into the plant buckets? I am thinking about hanging the Scrog from the top of the cab and not mount it to the walls. That would give the Scrog some play when I want to open the buckets.

:peace:

Just trying to figure how it is that hot = / , is the light that hot or is the room contributing as well?

SG

Without the lights running, the cab temp stays around 85 -90F (depending on the time of day). With the lights it runs around 97 - 101F. It is a pretty small cab, and I have 600W's of Light, so the lights do heat it up quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom