Two 550 Watt LEDs on a Light Mover in a Tent

Thanks turttle, I'd like to welcome you and everyone else to the journal.

Ok, so I have another video update, I've added a 2' x 4' tent and moved some things around, so take a look and let me know what you think.

I've pretty much got the room in working order, once I get a thermostat for the heater it should be dialed in until summer. So I don't think I'll need to have so many video updates, and I think that would be a good thing, maybe better for keeping people tuned in. In fact, I'm thinking about starting over once things slow down or when I flip to flower, maybe start with a new tour and then do weekly video updates with a few pics in between, unless video is needed to troubleshoot a problem. What do you guys think? Also, if you're diggin the videos, click on the thumbs up "like" button! Thanks

YouTube - LED Grow Journal 11/24/2010

you dust your buds with sulpher??:reading420magazine:

They do make a little sulfur burner.I have never used one I mostly seen them in green houses.You put the sulfur on a hot plate and it evaps into the air so you dont half to use fungisides.Humidity in a green house can be extreme thow.Idk I just watched the video and I am los of words.All looks good.Not sure about flower I did notice stretching with my light but you are running over a thousand watts on a light rail.Should be no different than thousand watt hps with all the healthy lush green growth benefits of the led.

Yeah, I know a lot of people around here use sulfur burners, so I may need to get one. But I've got almost total control of the humidity and temp right now, and I haven't seen a sign of anything yet, so until I see something I'm going to hold off and let them do their thing for now.

Look for another video update in the next couple of days... I installed a day/night thermostat and a new tent!

Nice setup....

With All due respect.. But I believe you have plms. with your setup, ac unit/dehumidifier, heater, and a few of the smaller items...and way to many plants... way to many, but thats just me..

I give ya 110 Percent for Efforts etc.

I myself is a still a newbie... but going through some plms. of my own... I`m sure some of the more expereince members will shine some light here as well..

I got to run but.. If I get the time I will try to lend a hand one newbie to another cya later..! All the best

Yeah, I know a lot of people around here use sulfur burners, so I may need to get one. But I've got almost total control of the humidity and temp right now, and I haven't seen a sign of anything yet, so until I see something I'm going to hold off and let them do their thing for now.

EHHH.I dont like the smell or taste of rotten eggs on me geens my self.lol.(I problubly wouldnt know the difference lol I am sure this is a must in some areas)
I think your pretty well set up.I dont think you will need one.Those are quite a bit of plants but looks like a nice sea of green.If there not tlc they should grow some nice tops.I dont know.From the looks of your toys I cant pitcture you beeing a rookie.:Rasta:

very nice setup. ill throw some advice out their, but in know way am i saying its the best ot whatever.lol. these are just things ive seen work for many top growers, doesnt mean it will be the same for you.

1st that water should be the best water you can use from what ive read and been told. PPM's should be around 0 or something like that i believe.

2nd from the looks of things ur going for max yield, so i would toss any plants unless their lacking and looking sick or weak. just do a SOG grow (sea of green) basically a bunch of singe cola buds of a stem. this is what ur set up is right now, but you much flower them short or you will have trouble. Google SOG and u will have all the info u want if you dont know what it is. but from the looks of things you should be flowering any time now. if you grow them bigger they will fight for light and shad the others buds and hurt yield, also you dont have enough lights for bigger plants nor room. IMO SOG is the best bet for you.

3rd. CO2 not to sure the conversion ur looking for but in flowering you should run 1600ppm or at least 1500ppm.

4th. have no idea why its higher RH% on on side? my thought would be ur exhaust fan is doing it? or ur not circulating the air enough with ur stand fan?

5th watering those girls by hand is going to suck. if you do you would want to run a water pump and use a long watering hose connected to a watering wand. its still gonna be a pain in the ass.lol. most people in that type of growing style use a drip system witch is very easy, but you have the risk of drippers cloging and not watering certain plants. you have to keep a good eye on each plant, growing isn't easy growing on that scale, but is rewarding when u put in the time and work.

i might have missed a few questions? if so let me know. I hope this advice works for you, they have work for many others. i just dont like to be the one to tell someone how to do things and have something go wrong and i am the blame for it.lol. i just like to give my opinion and what i would do.:thumb:

really nice set up m8 ,1 question when using the led s on the mover can/should u not have them a bit closer? ,cause theyre moving away ect im not experienced with the mover/led combo but im sure someone on this site is

cant wait to see them in flower good luck with your grow

Welcome to the journal all new comers! I've just published another video update, check it out and let me know what you think. The main issue I need to resolve right now is weather or not to use the dehumidified water. Experienced growers have told me its great water, but I did see some little pieces of residue in the bottom of the tank that was a rusty color, and that kind of spooked me. Also, I didn't use the machine for a year and don't think I drained it properly, so I was thinking it could be a little rust or build-up of some kind that broke loose from the pipes, which I imagine is in abundant amounts in the soil that plants grow in all over the world and is in the pipes that bring us water every day??? But then again, I'm not a scientist or anything and just making an intuitive guess. If anyone has any insight, please chime in!

With All due respect.. But I believe you have plms. with your setup, ac unit/dehumidifier, heater, and a few of the smaller items...and way to many plants... way to many, but thats just me..
Hogs, thanks for the feedback and welcome. What problems do you see with the setup, ac/dehumid, heater and anything else? For the number of plants, I was thinking SOG with a bunch of main colas and a shorter veg time, like what IrishBoy described, only all at once instead of taking plants out and replacing them every couple of weeks for a steady flow. But yeah, I have a feeling it's going to get crowded in there soon.

IrishBoy, thanks for the advice and welcome, I'm happy to see you here!

YouTube - LED Grow Journal 11/28/2010

Just watched your vid.Nice work and yes they do look like its time.....I had a question are you just running the veg lights on the units.Looks like there pretty bright.The veg lights on mine not so.......And yes hint hint I agree I would bring this to their attention.They are really wanting to get the name out to the west coast and you have taken it to the next level and put a lot of thought and time into this.Time isnt free for advertising some ones product in my opinion.....Also to refering to the water in your dehumidifier you say it has some rust.In my opinion I dont know if I would want this on my roots but other than that I have read that people have been using it with out any problems.IDK I am sure it would add iron and on a possitive note its free but from what I just read traces of copper would be bad for plants.

:thumb:

Nice looking grow you have there Leonardo.
As for your dehumidifier water quandary, try this.
Use one plant as a "sacrificial lamb" for some watering tests with the water in question.
Do it for about a week and see if you notice any change in or slowing of her growth.
That should be enough time for the plant to soak up any problems in the water and let you know if anything is wrong.
If she's still growing like her sisters after that week, I'd say the water is fine and everybody in the pool! :surf:

Bad Karma, that's a brilliant idea! I'll mix a gallon of dehumidified water separately and use them on 4 plants for a couple waterings and see how they do. If it does harm them, it will only give me an excuse to get rid of them and make more room in the tent!

Turttle, yeah I've got them on veg mode now and they're pretty bright, but nothing compared to flower mode, which we'll be getting to very soon. And I hope Hydroponics Hut agrees with you! If I can make a captivating time-laps video showing two of their premier products on a light mover over 40 plants, and it matches what HPS would do and the buds look good, I bet that video will sell a ton of units if they put it up on their website. I've spent many years in sales and marketing, and I know it will be the most powerful sales tool at their disposal, by far! Just as I'm sure IrishBoy's journals and video have sold lights for GLH. Almost everyone I know and everyone at the dispensary tried to talk me out of going with LEDs and now they're watching to see how it goes very closely because they want lower power bills and less heat too. But the first generation of LED technology was a total flop when it came to flowering, so everyone's naturally skeptical of claims, a groovy time-laps video like this could silence the critics and give a lot of people the confidence to take the leap and switch over to LEDs. And HH should benefit greatly if these lights deliver, and I deliver with a great grow and good videos to document it.

ya if theirs a rust color i would be careful. the PPM's/PH looks great!! just use it one a test plant like K said. if ur not sure about something just use a week looking girl to test her on for a few weeks. and use water u know is clean for the other girls.

u should really be looking into flowering those girls because if u dont know that strain is could stretch big time. ive used allot of leds in my time and some stretch more then others so its a guessing game with each light. just read up on SOG and you will find out what u want to do as far as to when to flower, if you want to lollipop them or just leave them be. but i say you should have flowered a while ago for a SOG effect IMO. i would also keep the toping to a min, because its going to grow wider and take up space, but if u want to top then always shoot for the FIM technique. stands for (Fu*k I missed) Google it and you will see what it is if you dont know. But with the style of growing you dont want to waist time vegging you want to flower them all at once get them done and do it all over again.

I must say ur set up is off the hook. i like it very much!! like the camera mount also, its going to be bad ass to see that at the end.

Back
Top Bottom