New to Site - 14 Strains Under 2000 Watts in a 5x10 Tent

Outstanding Keegan420, I love the fact that your plants are getting so big you had to remove the little guys.

Please show your (Capn style) setup for the rookies. Sounds like your going to rock it my man.

Outstanding Keegan420, I love the fact that your plants are getting so big you had to remove the little guys.

Please show your (Capn style) setup for the rookies. Sounds like your going to rock it my man.

I do too! It feels like taboo to just kill a healthy plant.. so I actually gave them to my buddy who wants to start growing. It was actually perfect timing for them to go, so win win!

And yeah dude ill post a bunch of pictures of my entire new capn setup once everything arrives. So far all I've got on me are the reservoirs, the grow cubes, and the tent. Waiting on hydro tubing, fittings, pumps, halo drippers, 24/7 nutrient monitor, and airpots. I still need to buy a new 1k HID setup for the capn tent too, probably gonna do that tomorrow. Diving head first into this one! But i have faith :blunt:

Harvest, Veg, and Flower Update:

Today i harvested the first plant out of my flowering tent! I took down 1x The White and left the other one because it didn't have as many cloudy/amber triches. Im shooting for at least 10-15% amber. As far as trimming, it was a breeze. Super high calx to leave ratio and all the trim was covered in crystals. This strain reminds me of the Platinum girl scout cookies i grew last run as far as trichome production and the nugs were rock hard golf balls that remind me a lot of the cinex i grew last run too. The trimmed buds filled up 1 level on my drying rack. With how dense the nugs were and guessing off past experience id guess this first plant will yield around 2 zips dried.

IMG_37323.JPG
IMG_37414.JPG

Flower Tent Pics (sorry about the lines)

Nothing special you can see in the pictures, everything is pretty much falling all over itself in the flower tent right now. Ive strung up the big top colas and put some sticks to support them but there is definitely a lot of nugs falling over still. One of the upgrades i plan on doing with my next SCROG is a second layer of netting 8-10 inches above the first and maybe that will help. The first pic is the left side of the tent and the second is the right. On the left side of the tent picture the plant with the tallest fat colas is the grape dream. She's probably gonna go another 2 weeks i bet unfortunately, but I'm not gonna chop her early cause she is looking dank.. Im running out of room in the veg tent fast though so it'll be a close one..

IMG_37342.JPG
IMG_37363.JPG

Veg tent:

These batch of ladies are loving life and have completely filled my 5x5 area. I've got a little bit of stretch going on with a few of them, but I left the light raised up after a watering for a couple days and i think that did it. The lights have been lowered again. Ive been doing a foliar spray with some sea kelp and vitamin b1 once a week and they seem to be liking it a lot.

IMG_37306.JPG

And here is a picture of my veg/drying room. Also where i mix my nutrients for both tents
IMG_37374.JPG

Update:

Today i got some nice additions to the grow from a place in seattle that sells new and used grow equipment. Its pretty cool you can even sell/trade your grow equipment to them. Which i think is awesome because i already have a ton of stuff that i don't use.
I picked up 2x 5x5 flood trays(That need to be cleaned), 1x 1000w digital/dimmable ballast, a brand new 150,000 lumen bulb, a xxxl 8in hood, and new set of trimmers that he threw in for free which i thought was cool.

One of those 5x5 flood trays will be used for my Capn style experiment which will be going down in the 5x5 tent I'm now vegging in. That tent is now in the garage actually and the new 1000w HID setup i just got is in that. So all of my vegging ladies are getting blasted with light right now! I raised the hood all the way up so that should help. Here is some pictures of the new setup.

image413.jpeg
image162.jpeg
image215.jpeg
image313.jpeg
image513.jpeg
image612.jpeg
image712.jpeg

sitting in

I'm not a crystal ball reader,but I see huge plants in your future,and a dilemma,what to do with all the smoke,that's coming your way.

Good stuff Keegan, it sounds like a great store you've got there. :)

Its pretty cool, I love seattle for all of the grow stores and weed friendliness. There is a huge green rush happening too since the legalization here. SOO many new shops opening and dab bars, a couple weed cafes, a few legal pot shops, but most of them don't have enough product to supply the demand so they are out of stock more than they arent. Some of them are only open like 1 or 2 days a week.. Stupid state government won't release more producer licenses so hopefully in the next year that will change.. Maybe i can take my business degree and go into that market in the coming years. Growing for a living sounds like a dream..

nice score on the solis tek. NICE Quality there. Exciting things in your future.

Thanks capn that is reassuring, even with all the information i have at my disposal i still feel like I'm taking a bit of a shot in the dark. I think i can see a tiny white light at the end of the tunnel though :cheesygrinsmiley:

And I got the solis tek for 130, the owner said the guy had only used it for 8 weeks so I'm guess one flowering period. Has a few blemishes on it but runs great!

sitting in

I'm not a crystal ball reader,but I see huge plants in your future,and a dilemma,what to do with all the smoke,that's coming your way

Haha well lets hope your visions are correct. Having too much bud to smoke is one problem i don't mind having

Quick update on the Capn grow:

My hydro supplies have arrived! Now its time to put it all together

image14892.jpg
image14893.jpg

Since I'm using a flood tray now, I need to find a short table to buy to put the flood table on and have room to put my reservoirs underneath. Or I might have to build my own.. We will see. If any capn style growers have an idea please let me know. Im using the 27gal tough totes as reservoirs. Also, what type of fitting do i need for the flood table? The 2 holes in the table are 1 3/4 in in diameter. I think i need the 1/2in ebb and flow fill/drain fitting?

I also got some 7 gal grow bags for a few of my soil plants to see how i like them compared to plastic nursery pots

image14891.jpg

Woops...was that rude? Just had to see those colas again. Sorry. Thanks!:ban:

Not rude at all, Im glad you like them and welcome!

Another Quick update: Harvest + first attempt at bud washing

Tonight i chopped the The White #2 and decided since i already harvested one of the same strain how i usually do, ill give bud washing a try to compare. This is my first attempt, I've changed a few things, kinda simplified it from what DocBud says he adds a couple more steps.(I didn't have enough containers)

FullSizeRender9.jpg
IMG_37649.JPG

First step is to chop the plant down, i cut all the branches into about 1.5 foot long sections. I then took off all fans leaves, and leafs with necrosis, leaving anything with sugar leaves on. I then prepared 3 containers with water. 1 container was about 1-2 gallons and had 1% H202 or hydrogen peroxide with room temp water, lowest ppm possible. 2nd container has 5gal warm water, almost as hot as you can get it out of the faucet, 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup lemon juice. 3rd container has the coldest water out of the faucet. Submerge buds in each container of water for 30 minutes each in order. So room temp H202 water for 30 sec, then warm water for 30, then cool for 30, then let it drip dry and then i put it on the lowest shelf of my drying rack and put a towel underneath it so it can continue to drip dry. I will put a fan blowing on it for 24 hours.

This is the yield of my second The white minus 3 of the main colas that i decided to not bud wash and trimmed as usual and was already on the rack

IMG_37628.JPG

For the first White i chopped last week, I took it off the rack today and put it in the jack with a 4 gram Boveda 62% humidity pack. I stuck a temp gauge in the jar with the bud and the pack. After 2 hours my jar was sitting at 73 degrees and 62% humidity, so id say they work great! Do i still burp the jars daily or every couple days like usual or does the pack do it for me?

I think I'll be trying bud washing if I can find enough buckets. I noticed the end of my inlet duct is full of dust & grime which it's sucked out of the air. This has constantly been blowing onto my plants so they must be filthy.

Update:
Its been a couple days but i got the capn tent setup and running. Took me awhile, but finally got it working. I had to build a table to put the flood table on. Transplanting from a 1gal soil pot to rock wool cubes was extremely difficult and I'm so surprised all 4 plants have made it so far. I started with a 5 gal bucket of room temp water and submerged the rootball in the bucket and started massaging the roots. Dirt and perlite started floating to the top and i scooped that out into a garbage can. I continued to do this till the majority of the dirt was away from the root ball. I then used the hose to gently spray the roots to get the dirt off further, and was able to wash away enough to see white roots. Then i made a deep hole of rock wool in the airpots, dipped the rootball into the hole and slowly backfilled the croutons until the stem ws supported, then i filled it in completely and stuck it in the room, hooked it up to the dripper system and let my irrigation run for 15 mins with 450PPM nutrient solution. I am having trouble keeping the PH stable though.. Will monitor that I'm getting better at it. I put a total of 25 gallons for both reservoirs so 12.5 gal in each res. I have it set to feed 4 times a day evenly spaced out every 6 hours. PPM:450 PH:6.1 Each res has an airstone in it.

image314.jpeg
image414.jpeg
image514.jpeg
image613.jpeg
image713.jpeg
image811.jpeg

I also picked up the stuff for my heisenburg tea. I got this Earthjuice High brix molasses, will this work for the tea just as good as grandmas molasses? Still need to get some mycos, will order that asap
image216.jpeg
image163.jpeg

Harvest Update: The White #1 that has been curing was just weighed and it came in at 60.8G dried and cured. So my guess was pretty accurate of 2 ounces. The White #2 that i bud washed is about a day away from being jarred up and start the cure. I also harvested the Cinex that was really small and unhealthy, and the Cantaloupe Haze, which really yielded more than I thought. About 6-8 main colas that were dense and super frosty. Ill take pictures of the buds when they are finished drying. Im guessing maybe 2 1/2 - 3 ounces from the cantaloupe haze dried and cured.

Question about harvesting:

How many days should I wait after my final watering/flush before i harvest?

Is there a time in the plants day that is optimal for harvesting? Ive heard harvesting before lights on is the best because of something to do with the plants using all the starches and sugars during the night down at the roots, and when the lights turn back on the nutrients are used at the top of the plant by the leaves.

I picked up a second 5x5 tent that i will be putting back into the bedroom where i dry/harvest and also were I mix nutrients and will be used as the main veg tent for my soil plants. The 5x5 tent out in the garage is stricly Capn style as of now.

For my soil plants, I'm going to be using KingJohnC soil and nutrient regimen. I can't remember off the top of my head, but its something like 80% Pro-Mix HP + 20% vermiculite + Earthjuice Mycos. He uses General Hydroponics too which is going to make my life easier since I'm using GH for my Capn Style experiment too.

I think I'll be trying bud washing if I can find enough buckets. I noticed the end of my inlet duct is full of dust & grime which it's sucked out of the air. This has constantly been blowing onto my plants so they must be filthy.

It was quite the task, Im not sure i will be doing it on the rest of my crop. If i do, it will be less complicated. 2 buckets of water. One warm with lemon and baking soda, probably about half as much as last time so 1/2 cup of each per 5 gal. and a second bucket with room temp, slightly cool water. I talked to Docbud and he says the H202 step isn't necessary unless you have mold or PM.

I also noticed a lot of brown, red hairs floating in the water, so it must have knocked some good and bad stuff off the buds.. Hard to imagine it didn't effect the trichomes. But the buds still look really frosty, the washed buds look better too. A taste test is needed for sure!

Also, i highly suggest you trim your buds before washing them. I washed trimmed and un trimmed buds and they turn out the same, but the untrimmed buds you wash are an absolute PITA to trim after the fact.

Question about harvesting:

How many days should I wait after my final watering/flush before i harvest?

Is there a time in the plants day that is optimal for harvesting? Ive heard harvesting before lights on is the best because of something to do with the plants using all the starches and sugars during the night down at the roots, and when the lights turn back on the nutrients are used at the top of the plant by the leaves.

For my soil plants, I'm going to be using KingJohnC soil and nutrient regimen. I can't remember off the top of my head, but its something like 80% Pro-Mix HP + 20% vermiculite + Earthjuice Mycos. He uses General Hydroponics too which is going to make my life easier since I'm using GH for my Capn Style experiment too.

In Aeroponics/Hydroponics only a 4-7 day harvest flush is needed.

I have not noticed any difference in the taste or quality of the buds from harvesting at different times of the lighting schedule.

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae and bacteria for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

https://www.hydro-organics.com earth juice rooters mycorrhizae

Pro-Mix HP has 1 species of mycorrhizae added, I add 10 others species of mycorrhizae and more of the strain already contained in Pro-Mix HP. When I transplant my plants to larger size pots I use 1 teaspoon per 1 gallon size pot and 2-3 teaspoons per 3 gallon size pot of additional mycorrhizae granules.

I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Coloring

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 milliliters per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_001.JPG

Sucrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_002.JPG

Sodium Benzoate

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_003.JPG

the final Clearex Flushing Solution

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_004.JPG

In Aeroponics/Hydroponics only a 4-7 day harvest flush is needed.

I have not noticed any difference in the taste or quality of the buds from harvesting at different times of the lighting schedule.

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae and bacteria for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

https://www.hydro-organics.com earth juice rooters mycorrhizae

Pro-Mix HP has 1 species of mycorrhizae added, I add 10 others species of mycorrhizae and more of the strain already contained in Pro-Mix HP. When I transplant my plants to larger size pots I use 1 teaspoon per 1 gallon size pot and 2-3 teaspoons per 3 gallon size pot of additional mycorrhizae granules.

Thanks KJC

As for the flushing question, I ment how many days do you let your soil plants go without water before you harvest? I've heard drying out the soil extremely before you harvest can help with the final resin production.

Do you have a feeding program for the GH nutrients for your soul plants or do you go off of manufacturers recommendations?
I ordered some Earthjuice mycos, and I also accidentally ordered great white mycos too for my heisenburg tea. Which one should j use, or can I do a little of both?

Would it be benifital to add azamite to your soilless mixture?

I keep my plants sufficiently hydrated before harvest. I do not reduce the harvest flush water supply to the plants.

I start my small plants with 1/4 strength nutrients and gradually increase the nutrient strength until I am using 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, Flora Micro, Flora Bloom and 5 milliliters per gallon of calcium and magnesium in vegetative growth.

You could add both micorrhizae products to your Heisenberg Tea to increase the individual mycorrhizae beneficials.

You could add Azomite to the soiless mixture to add micro nutrients to the soiless mixture, I have not found it necessary to add additional micro nutrients to the soiless mixture when using General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients and a calcium and magnesium supplement.

Subbed and all caught up.

You grow some amazing smoke my friend. Great job :circle-of-love:

The XJ-13 is an amazing strain isn't it? As frosty as frosty gets ;) Huge yielder for me as well. Hope they all turn out amazing for you.

You gotta lot of strain reviews a head of ya :)

Much love!

Back
Top Bottom