Two 550 Watt LEDs on a Light Mover in a Tent

Knock knock.....still there??????????:peace:

Yeah, I'm still here Saturn! Yesterday I prune the bottom of the girls up a few inches from the soil, and then I changed the timers and flipped them into flower. Here are some pics, I'll try to do another video update later today.

Before Prune:
1_BeforePrune.jpg

Before Prune 2:
3_BeforePrune2.jpg

After Prune:
2_AfterPrune.jpg

After Prune 2:
4_AfterPrune2.jpg

Prune Mess:
5_PruneMess.jpg

Flower Mode:
6_FlowerMode.jpg

Very cool! :ganjamon:

Man, I got a bit of a laugh looking at what you have, I laugh because those things are going to be a lot bigger than you may have realized. It's gonna be a jungle. :thumb:

This is a cool grow.

It turns out I was wrong about the waste water from humidifier, it's perfectly safe from all reports out there. Error on the side of caution I say. :ganjamon:

Since you're using a coco fiber media the 5.9ph may be perfect? I don't know but I do know that for soil grows that the recommended ph is a bit higher, 5.9ph would be on the low end or below the low end for soil depending on who you talk to.

Between 6.0 & 7.0 for soil. These recommendations vary for soil depending on who you talk to, I've seen anywhere from 5.8 to 6.8 & 6.2 to 7.2 so for sake of keeping it simple I just shoot for anywhere around 6.3 to 6.5. On just about anybodies scale those numbers fall near the middle of the range, not perfectly but close enough for me.

For the girls/cuttings room that is too hot: Can you run a line from your CO2 over there? If so that will help the plants deal with the high temps. They'll need more water of course because of the high temps.

What is the RH?

:peace:

Hey Saturn, I think you're right, I bet it will get to be a jungle in there. I'm considering taking out a whole row, maybe even two, but for now I'm going to see what happens in the next couple of weeks. I'll be lollypopping them to make it a little easier to water and deal with too. The Humboldt feeding chart recommends Ph to be between 5.5-6.5 for hydro and drain-to-waste, and I've heard with coco you should go slightly lower, that's the only reason I'm at 5.8-5.9 now. But if I can find a good reason to adjust it, I will if it will help the girls grow healthier.

I could probably run a CO2 line into the veg tent, and I just might do that. Don't imagine I would use much more CO2 than I already am, so I'll probably pick some tubing up next time I go by the hydro shop. The RH was at 47% in the veg room when I checked it today, so I think the t5 and the extra heat that comes with it is keeping it a little lower then the rest of the room. I wonder if getting another 4" inline fan (one in, one out) would do the trick? I just dont want to spend any money where I don't need to.

Thanks again for all your advice!:roorrip:

Hi Leonardo,

Congrats on a great looking grow so far. I'm curious, how much heat are you getting off of your LED's(not much, a fair amount, a lot)? Are you happy with them so far? Thanx. j

Hi Leonardo,

Congrats on a great looking grow so far. I'm curious, how much heat are you getting off of your LED's(not much, a fair amount, a lot)? Are you happy with them so far? Thanx. j

Hey Jimi, they're not producing much heat at all, they may bring the temp up to the lower or mid-70's in the tent, but I have to have the heat run on a thermostat to get it as high as I want. So far I'm happy with them, their service is great, but I'm really curious to see how they do in flower...:yummy:

Ok, I was wrong about the temp going up with the lights in flower mode, I went in there today and it was 87 degrees. So here's a quick video update to see how I'm addressing it, I do a foliage spray in it too. Also, if you look at the leafs in the video and know why some of them look a little funky, please let me know. Thanks!

YouTube - LED Grow Journal 12/02/2010

IrishBoy, you could be right, I've heard under the leaves for pesticides, neem and stuff like that, but that a nitrozime foliage spray should be done on top and later in the day. Does anyone else know?

Another day, a few more pics...

I have no idea what the brown spots or wilting on the leaves is, I'm thinking maybe a little nutrient water got on them when I was watering. Anyone else out there know what it might be? Haven't seen one bug in there and no mold or mildew yet either (knock on wood).

Big picture:
BigPicture.jpg

Canopy:
Canapy.jpg

Such pretty girls:
PertyGirls.jpg

Brown on leaf :(
BrownSpots.jpg

Close up of brown on another leaf :(
Closeup40.jpg

They are looking pretty healthy to me I think your right it may just be drops of your nute solution.This will also happen if your leaf gets to close to your led for a minimal amount of time.Looking good.
PS try not to play with the spectrums to much may shock your plants into going hermie.:popcorn:

Turttle, thanks for the tip. I usually only turn them on veg mode when I'm taking pics or doing a video, do you think that is too much?

I usually only turn them on veg mode when I'm taking pics or doing a video, do you think that is too much?

No, as long as you keep it to a half hour or less you should be okay.

As for your spots, my recommendation would be to discontinue the foliage spray.
Now that you are into flowering, mold and other problems can arise much quicker then in veg.
No need to tempt fate in such a fashion, as I had it happen to me my very first attempt at flowering (many years ago).

Looking good otherwise sir :grinjoint:

These leds are pretty intense from switching flower on and off.The way you turn a plants sex on purpose would be to flick lights on and off.Even the flash of a camra would be possible.This may be myth or wise tale but from a read that I did from a well educated person not of any forum said the plant is most exceptible to shock give or take a couple weeks before showing sex till fully set into flower.Some stains genetics may be more at risk than others but its just to be on the safe side.I was checking my light out and my plant went hermie.The cold front we just had may have added to it.In my opinion for pics I would take them right before lights out with the veg lights on that way your not flicking the high intensity lights back on after your pics in my opinion more of a gentle lights off.I think others would agree if they were staring into the veg lights then you hit the flower button on and off.:popcorn:
But then again with my light I couldnt help myself and I would turn flower on for a few hrs then I would run all of them on just to see if there was any difference in growth.

Back
Top Bottom