New to Site - 14 Strains Under 2000 Watts in a 5x10 Tent

The seeds color looks good!

When I germinate seeds I use a matchbox lined with about 320 sandpaper to shake the seeds in for a minute, it scrapes the sides of the seeds to aid in moisture penetrating the seeds shell.

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_001.JPG

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_003.JPG

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Then I place the seeds tap root down into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://generalhydroponics.com Rapid Rooter

https://www.perfectgardens.com gh rapid rooter mat 98

might take 2-4 days for a good tap root to emerge and you don't want it soaked, but moist and humid. Sweet score!

Thanks for the info, you're talking about paper towel method? Yes ive heard to wet it then wring out the papertowl and then put it in a dark place.

Looking good Keegan, nice glass & bho you jammy git :) Everyone has their own way of germinating but as J189 says,once they've cracked don't have them too wet. Keep them warm too, this helps a lot :)

:rofl: HA, Jammy git! I had to look that one up!

Thanks for the info, which method do you personally use? Ill use a little heat mat that ive been using for cloning.

The seeds color looks good!

When I germinate seeds I use a matchbox lined with about 320 sandpaper to shake the seeds in for a minute, it scrapes the sides of the seeds to aid in moisture penetrating the seeds shell.

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Then I place the seeds tap root down into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://generalhydroponics.com Rapid Rooter

https://www.perfectgardens.com gh rapid rooter mat 98

Thanks for the advice KJC, ill try skuffing the seeds up a bit. Ill post some pics when ive popped them. Does it matter where you put the seeds when theyre in the water? aka Dark room vs room with lights on, or does it matter?

Thanks for the advice KJC, ill try skuffing the seeds up a bit. Ill post some pics when ive popped them. Does it matter where you put the seeds when theyre in the water? aka Dark room vs room with lights on, or does it matter?

I have always placed the glass with water and the seeds into a dark place to germinate in the cupboard.

I have always placed the glass with water and the seeds into a dark place to germinate in the cupboard.

Thanks for the help KJC, i ended up using 120 grit sandpaper and scuffed the shell slightly just enough to see scuff marks on it but not very hard either. Then placed in PHd 5.9 water ppm:50 for 40ish hours. Almost forgot about them and went and checked on them today and the taproots are showing on all three! I'm currently soaking the rapid rooter cubes in 5.9PHd water for 10-15 minutes and then will be putting seeds taproot down without a humidity dome. So far so good!

I also got all my rooted clones transplanted to 1 gal pots, i skipped the solo cups this time to cut down on transplant stress and unneeded work. So far only 18 clones are rooted so i tossed the rest that werent growing. I also decided to pick up some new genetics for this grow, 2x Afgoo which is Afghani crossed with Moroccan Haze. Should be a heavy yielder that will do good in scrog hopefully, flowers in 8-10 weeks.

Capn tent is exploding, which is 2 1/2 weeks into flower. They are recieving 1200ppm 5.9ph nutrients and they are still looking hungry. Feeding 4 times a day for 15 minutes. Also both my flower tents, and veg room including clones are also being fed heizenburg tea when i make it for capn tent since I make 5 gallons of it at a time, might as well use it up. Side note to anyone who wants to try it, Ive been PHing my tea to 5.6 because its been coming out at like 4.5ph last few times ive checked and it causes ph swings in the soil if i use too much. But i can definitely see a noticable difference after feeding the girls the tea, they perk up and leaves get shiny and healthy, every time. Pretty amazing little recipe i gotta say.

My 5x10 flower tent is exploding too. Flowers are definitely starting to develop heavily, and stretching has slowed a lot. Today is the start of week 3 in this tent. I sprayed with snow storm ultra on monday, 1.25 ml per liter. No sign of leaf burn or anything, they actually look extremely perky and happy. Last feeding in this room was Techna flora nutes at 1300ppm 6.0ph on the Xj13 7gal pot side which is the left side of the tent from all of my pictures point of view. On the right in the flood tray im using General Hydroponics nutrients and PPM was 1250 ph5.9.

looks great in there man,

ph'ing the tea kills the beneficial bacteria,its is still good,but more like a molasses drink vs bazillions of root cleaners

not sure what thecapns take is on it,but those are what I read from Heisenberg himself.

Hello everybody, ive got some awesome flower pics from my 5x10 tent that i took a little earlier. Its the first half of week 3, day 23 for these ladies and they are looking very good. I didnt get as much stretch as I wanted on the left side of the tent with techna flora nutes, but all of the stretch with the gh nutrients side of the tent is looking great, you can probably tell from the pictures. Been feeding them around 1300ppm full strength nutrients on both nutrient regimines plus bud candy at 8ml a gallon, and terpinator at 15ml a gallon.

I have to say so far, the terpinator looks to be making a difference on odor and possibly trichome production on leaves, im seeing triches on fans leaves of the white rhino already and that was a strain that took much longer to get into heavy resin production, like week 5 last grow, thats why i didnt take any clones of it this time because I wasn't that impressed with anything about it other than yield. Really the main thing im noticing is the odor difference. I mean its really pretty strong for this early compared to my past experiences. I dont want to jump to conclusions yet though so I will continue to talk about my experience with it since it is fairly new.

image1_5_.jpeg

image2_5_.jpeg

image3_5_.jpeg

image5_4_.jpeg

image6_4_.jpeg

image913.jpeg

image4_4_.jpeg

image7_3_.jpeg

image813.jpeg

image1011.jpeg

image1111.jpeg

image1210.jpeg

image1310.jpeg

Veg and Capn tent update:

A total of 18 clones survived this time, also the three Cookie Puss seeds were put in rapid rooter cubes 2 days ago and ive been drenching them with 5.8ph 50ppm water once a day.

image1_6_.jpeg

image2_6_.jpeg

Flower day 18: Capn tent has been drinking water like crazy. I couldn't believe it, I changed the res last weekend with 10 gallons and when i opened it today there was probably only 2 or 3 gallons left. The Ph was 5.5 and ppm was 1290. I gave them a heavy feeding to push the limits and see what I can do with hydro ppms so added 6 gallons of ppm 1460 ph5.9.

Front door of tent, two closest plants are both Black 84', the 2 in the back are Mendo purps.

image3_6_.jpeg

image4_5_.jpeg

Back door of tent, front plants are mendo purps, the one on the left is capn style and the right one is KJC soil mix+azomax
image5_5_.jpeg

Mendo Purps

image6_5_.jpeg

Black '84

image7_4_.jpeg

damn those tents are full to the max !! great looking plants .

i just stated using terpinator also and im excited to see the results .

damn those tents are full to the max !! great looking plants .

i just stated using terpinator also and im excited to see the results .

Thank you, this is the fullest ive ever seen any of my tents, that's forsure. I'm hoping for 1 pound per 5x5 space this go around, i almost got that last round but I threw 3 plants away so i probably could've, who knows. This grow is looking much healthier than in the past too.

Nice! Let me know how it goes! Id really like to hear from other people on this site about this product, maybe im crazy but my plants are liking it.

Went into my veg tent today and was met with a nice surprise, all of my cookie puss seeds broke ground! The 2 that are furthest out still had their shells partly on so i just plucked them off, but the one on the left that is not fully emerged doesn't have its shell anymore so it must have twisted out of it already or something.

IMG_40305.JPG

IMG_40294.JPG

Hello 420mag,
havent been posting as much but much has changed since last update. I upgraded and got a 4x8 tent for my veg tent and will now be using that 5x5 tent as a 3rd flowering tent in the garage that will go next to the now capn tent. I also picked up some new genetics, Deadhead Og, Grapefruit Diesel, Blue dream, and Alien Stardawg. Now i will be able to harvest every 4 weeks.

image1_7_.jpeg

image2_7_.jpeg

image3_7_.jpeg

image4_6_.jpeg

Capn tent is in week 6 of flower and is looking really frosty, but hasnt filled out like my soil plants. Ive been gradually increasing PPMs for the capn style and am now at 2100 ppm with zero sign of nute burn.

image5_6_.jpeg

image8_1_.jpeg

image7_5_.jpeg

image6_6_.jpeg

In the 5x10 flower tent things are going great, they filled out and are looking frosty as hell. Today marks the first day of week 8 and I have started the flush on the majority of the crop, but up until now theyve been getting around 14-1600 ppm 5.7-5.9 ph.

image10_1_.jpeg

image11_1_.jpeg

image12_1_.jpeg

image13_1_.jpeg

image1610.jpeg

image1510.jpeg

image1410.jpeg

image201.jpeg

image173.jpeg

image191.jpeg

image224.jpeg

image2110.jpeg

image241.jpeg

image231.jpeg

Things are looking great Keegan420 very nice setup.

Thanks guys, and yes especially with the addition of this new flower tent. I'm juggling my full time job, the grow, and finishing my degree! But atleast my weed is free :ganjamon:

You still out there Mr Keegan?

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hello everybody!

colorado thanks for closing out my journal.

Interested in all of you who followed this grows current grows and projects so please feel free to send me a message with your link and ill check it out!

Thanks for watching,
Peace

Back
Top Bottom