Two 550 Watt LEDs on a Light Mover in a Tent

Well it's been a little quiet so I thought I had better do an update. Thank you all for the help you've given so far, and please keep it coming.:bong:

One of the plants in the small veg room has issues, I thought it might be spider mights, but I took a cut leaf to a couple of friends who have some experience behind them, and they don't think it's spider mights (thank god!). But I still have no idea what it is and it's driving me crazy! If it spreads or freaks me out any further, the bitch is gone. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please chime in!

YouTube - LED Grow Journal

Sorry I hav`t got back at ya.. Been busy with my own...

Anywho just a few quick words, With regards to that A/C unit If its a 2 hose unit as I think you said it was.. Then bring the air in to it from outside of the grow room , either another room or outside etc... And the Exhaust the same thing both in separte rooms or again outside apart from one and another...

The 2 hose units are nice as they DON`T take air from inside your room and co2 is A ok to use as you won`t lose any this way..

Someone correct me if I am wrong,But I think thats how they work....Why the one hose units are not as good...

I still say you have way to many plants in there LoL and I wdn`t keep cutting them Solar leaves as I like to call em now....Thats why ya need to give a few of them Gals to one of your Buddies ;-)

Think it would make it more easy for ya, and you may even get more yield.I think some may agree that its not in the number sometimes but more more evenly spaced and allowed to breath more..you and the Gals ;-)

All the best hope some of this makes sense and is right , perhaps some will chime in to say yah or nah...

Lookin good man...I wouldnt worry about the fan leaves for now Its going to be pretty tight in there soon just let them go streight up what ever is not getting light will fall off on its own.Not sure what was on your leef in your veg tent.If its spider mites you will know.They are usually on bottom of leaf and they will be a buch of white dots.Like lice.If you think its caused by pest I would hang one of them sticky tapes for bugs.As for temps I would recomend another thermomiter place at the base of your plants.To me temps look fine 70-85 is the sweet spot.Most of what is registering is problubly hot air rising above your lights.Realy for as cold as it has been it realy shouldnt be that warm.Do you have any heat in your house venting to your grow room?:peace:

Hogs, I'm thinking about getting rid of a row, I just hate to do it and don't have a home for them. I'm not too sure about duel hose and weather air from where they're connected to mixes with the inside air or not. One person told me a while ago it does, but I'd sure like to know for sure. If anyone knows, PLEASE let us know.

Turttle, I'm not too stressed about the temps yet, but I am really annoyed at losing the control I had before the flip. If the duel hose AC can work when it's connected without mixing outside air, then it will be an easy fix. But if doesn't, I'll probably have to get an expensive controller to give me more control of the 6" inline fans without wasting CO2, but I can't afford it right now and will probably have to go with a cheaper option and lose a bunch of CO2. I wouldn't mind buying a little more CO2 so much on this first run, except I don't exactly know how much I'm losing because I have no way to measure. But I'm thinking about jacking it up a little until I figure it out, would it be unwise to increase it by %50-100? Could that hurt the plants? I'm mostly worried about the 2.5 hrs with no fans, but I can change that if need be.

In my opinion I think you are still in the green as far as temps.With money and elec cost in mind the first thing I would look into is where the hot air is comming in from and adjust to your preference it may be as simple as vent or plasing a towel under the door to the room.I also think if you move your thermomiter to plant level and away from your light your temps will drop 5-10 dagrees possibly.I am realy not familiar with your room but its been realy cold outside?Honestly I think your pulling my leg because your grow is realy going well:)lol.But any way with your c02 thats a hard call.I think you would be just waisting co2 if running exhaust but you would need a meter to know for sure.I found a new co2 controller for a good price just for co2.Its a cap digital for about 400 and they have another one under that thats not digital and does a ranged ppm controll for about 300.I was shopping amazon.:peace:

I would recommend running your fans more often. I run my fans 24/7 to control my humidity and temps, it seems to work great in my wet climate. If you have too much humidity, it will bring down your THC content as well. I know if I have my fans off for more than 15 minutes, I will have drips of water running down the walls of my tent.

In my opinion I think you are still in the green as far as temps.With money and elec cost in mind the first thing I would look into is where the hot air is comming in from and adjust to your preference it may be as simple as vent or plasing a towel under the door to the room.I also think if you move your thermomiter to plant level and away from your light your temps will drop 5-10 dagrees possibly.I am realy not familiar with your room but its been realy cold outside?Honestly I think your pulling my leg because your grow is realy going well:)lol.But any way with your c02 thats a hard call.I think you would be just waisting co2 if running exhaust but you would need a meter to know for sure.I found a new co2 controller for a good price just for co2.Its a cap digital for about 400 and they have another one under that thats not digital and does a ranged ppm controll for about 300.I was shopping amazon.:peace:

I can understand what you meen by more controll.When summer gets here this is where your thoughts of exhaust and ac will come in handy.You wont be using co2 so much in the summer unless your ac is inside your tent.If you have the money for all that stuff yes it sounds nice.If spending this much I would build a green house and add solar like a mini industrial organic hydrogarden before I would spend a whole lot on stuff thats going to just cost a crap load of electricity.Thats just my opinion.I budjet my indoor the out door is where is what gets most my attention.cant fit a 14 ft plant inside with average 3 lbs per plant.But some of us like the indoor which is nice.Like with your grow I see you get some cridics.To many plants..well this is the ideal as they finish fast.Kinda the point.My last trip over the mountain.I seen a guy plant a buch of rows of tops colas the size of my leg.Looked like he just took the top bud off all his big plants and areangeed them like you have your set up.nothng but bud.:peace:

Looking great brother. :) Sorry I got so long winded here....:Rasta:

I prefer to have the temps below 80 and above 65f. RH above 45, below 75, I know that's a wide range and to some those numbers are all wrong but for my situation that's what I have to deal with. Outside humidity regularly below 20% RH. The plants DO NOT like the low humidity, I have not found the magic number for max RH. Some say too much will decrease yield and quality? I know for a fact too little RH and too high temps (90f+) will ruin your crop, not just low yield etc. but ruin it. Only good for hash if that, haven't tried it with the rag weed.

If it's over 80f I start freakin out and will start looking for a way to cool it down immediately.

I"m not sure why you want to trim leaves? They are what transfers the energy to the plant so to speak.
Me personally, I would wait til they are bigger and they will benefit more by shedding light on the lower buds at that point.

The topped plants will take a little longer to mature due to the set back of having it's head cut off. Not a fan of topping. LST I believe is the best compromise, makes them bush out but doesn't set them back like topping does, and I don't lose that top.

What I would suggest you do: Mix up a batch of neem oil spray, mix it 2/3rds strength and only spray the dirt and bottom half of plant. I don't like spraying it on the tops just in case the plant doesn't like it. If you spray the whole plant, only spray the solution at %50 coverage, do not saturate. Just a fine mist over the top and STOP spraying. I feel you can clog up the stomata with the oil if used excessively. Spray the neem every day for a couple days and then go to every other day for a few more days and then every third day. Do not spray the neem on buds, I can't imagine that being very tasty.

Neem does not kill bugs, it's a natural deterrent and discourages the bugs from nesting in your soil or on the leaves. (spider mites). Preventative maintenance goes a long way in horticulture.

Microbelift dot com has a mosquito product that I add to every gallon of water, one drop per gallon. (swear by this stuff) No bugs since using this product, I take that back, a few here and there but they don't stay. I believe it's organic and basically either the micro life eats the larva or makes it inhospitable for the gnats and other bugs to lay eggs.

The fungus gnat will burrow into the soil, lay eggs, and then it will feed on the roots and finally come out and fly around, so, by the time you see them you already have a bigger problem.

I also use the sticky traps that unroll out of a small tube and are sticky as hell, put them away from direct fan so the bugs can land on it and stay there..

If you get thripes you have powder mold also, they go together.

For PM (powder mold) I use a sulpher pot and burn it every so often, once a week or so, lights off, burn for about an hour or so and keep the pot away from the plants by at least 5 feet. A direct shot of vapor will damage leaves.

If you have an old coffee pot you may try using that for your burner and then all you'll need is the sulpher pellets to melt in it. I have not tried using a coffee pot, I bought the burn pot at the same time as the pellets. However, I believe a coffee pot is about the right temp. I can do some checking with a temp gauge to find out how hot the burn pot gets and also check my coffee pot to see where it is. Will have to report back on that one.
BTW, the sulpher smells terrible but it works. They say you can treat with sulpher during bloom and I have but I wouldn't use it near harvest unless I absolutely have to, because of a mold/mildew issue. During veg is the best time to treat with sulpher.

I would definitely exhaust the A/C outside. CO2 falls to the bottom of the room so I would just make sure all my exhaust vents are up high, as they should be anyway to exhaust all that hot unusable air. Tip the exhaust intake up to get the hottest air out. Intake low, exhaust high.

This is just me thinking out loud.....................

I think you're going to do very well if you can keep everything in check and diligent about bug removal/prevention.

Hogs, thanks for the info! A lot of people seem to think duel hose AC units don't mix much outside air and the CO2 loss is very minimal. But my BIG concern is that I want to hook the two hoses to the plastic wall and into a very dirty garage, I don't want that gross air bringing in nasty shit of any kind into the grow room. Am I being paranoid? Any suggestions?

Turttle, that's exactly what I had in mind! Quicker finish and all top colos, the clones were relatively cheap and I figured it would be the best way to get a running start and have some to spare if I run into trouble. If you travel "over the hill", you're probably in my neck of the woods!

Saturn, thanks for the input! The AC unit is up a few feet off the ground on a bench in the corner as far away from the flower tent as possible, so I'm thinking CO2 loss would be very little if I decide to hook it up. I haven't seen any mold or mildew of any kind yet so I'm going to hold off on the sulfur for now, if the power stays on to run the dehumidifier the whole time I'm hoping I wont need to.

Today I did a light mix of neem/soup/H2O and did a very light spray on the girls. I didn't spray the soil, but I will next time. I'm going to do a light nitrozime spray tomorrow, then wait about 4-5 days and then do the neem again followed by another nitrozime spray the next day. After that I wont be doing any more spraying unless its necessary, I'm just trying to do some preventive care before these girls start showing, hopefully it will be enough to keep them healthy until harvest. I also happened to have a little Ortho home defense lying around so I sprayed the outside of the room in the garage to discourage any critters from hanging out. After that, I mixed just neem and water and sprayed the walls and corners in and out of the room and inside the garage and anywhere else I thought might be a nice place to mark my territory. I got this idea from a friend, he neems all over the place and swears by it.

:thanks:

But my BIG concern is that I want to hook the two hoses to the plastic wall and into a very dirty garage, I don't want that gross air bringing in nasty shit of any kind into the grow room. Am I being paranoid? Any suggestions?

Run a HEPA filter on the intake, add an inline fan to boost. Electrostatic filters are good too (my preference)!

I`m not 100 percent sure...But I think the 2 hose A/C units do NoT take any air from the grow room at all.... Maybe start a new post and ask a few ?`s about it?? I wd. be interested to know as well.....

So If that is the case then doing what you said I think in the garge with the hoses wd. be A Ok but would still keep them separate from one another as far from each other as possible....

You do need to use soap with the neem, it's an emulsifier that helps the neem oil do its job.

No scent type soap.

shake it.....south park..........

:popcorn: What'cha up to leonardo? Gonna have to read back on this one. Best of luck to you on such a large attempt. :cheer:

Hey Munki! It's good to see you here, welcome! I haven't been up to much, I went to Oakland and got some seed today though, picked up some Cheeze Quake from TGA SubCool Seeds. I'll have to come up with a plan and get those going soon. Things are looking nice in the Playground, I'll have to get caught up and see what I can learn before sprouting these seeds.

Stay tuned, next update coming soon...

Dual Hose - draws indoor air for front cold air output and draws outdoor air for exhaust air (used to cool compressor).

PROS:
1) If outside temperature is lower than indoor temperature, compressor can be cooled down faster and produce colder front air output.
2) No negative pressure created within the room
3) Initial cool down of room is quicker than single hose.

CONS:
1) Same air circulating within the room, which will decrease in oxygen and increase in carbon dioxide.
2) If outside temperature is high (>90??F) or when humidity is high (>80%), compressor cannot be cooled and results is increased temperature of front air output. In such cases, the second hose should not used to prevent the compressor from overheating.
3) Uses two internal fans and consumes more energy due to added hose.

Hey Munki! It's good to see you here, welcome! I haven't been up to much, I went to Oakland and got some seed today though, picked up some Cheeze Quake from TGA SubCool Seeds. I'll have to come up with a plan and get those going soon. Things are looking nice in the Playground, I'll have to get caught up and see what I can learn before sprouting these seeds.

Stay tuned, next update coming soon...

Right on ... love cheese!

Great grow and an amazing journal you have going here, I was reading about your humidity concerns with it being unballanced in your tent, i think this may have to do with the way you have your plants arranged. Im no experet but im pretty sure different plants transpire at different rates, so even tho you have to strains of the same plant they may very well transpire at very different rates. A quick way to test this is after you water give each strain a heft test. Try to get both specimens to weigh pretty close to the same amount, then water them and weigh again to make sure the plants have the same amount of water weight. ( a scale can be used to for accurate measurements) Then every day weigh them and keep track of which plant looses weight faster. keep in mind that you have to use plants of relatively the same size. The theory behind this is if one strain looses weight faster that strain is transpiring water at a faster rate.

Im def gonna follow this grow through to the end. I am interested in doing a grow, and i love technology and i drool over those led grow lights .... (insert drool emotocion here) lol

Budster9, welcome to the journal! That's a good idea, if I had a scale I would play around with it, maybe I'll pick one up but I think I have the humidity under control now. I was thinking the bigger, healthier looking plants might be consuming and transpiring more too.

I've been trying to get the temp under control the last couple of days because it's been peaking at around 86, and I would prefer it be 81-83. In the process, I tried a bunch of different things and then ended up just plugging the 6" inline fans to the day/night temp controller I got for the heater, since it's not being used anymore. Anyway, I'll talk about that and everything else I've done in the next video update, probably tomorrow or the next day. But the girls are doing great and I think what I did today will do the trick for the temps.

Back
Top Bottom