New to Site - 14 Strains Under 2000 Watts in a 5x10 Tent

That sounds like an amazing space to play with Keegan!! i am jealous!

>>> actually was the cause of one of my plants to hermie once it flowered

Were you growing feminized seeds?
Did the plant hermie during flower? or did it start producing male pollen sacks from the time you put it in 12/12?

It should give me all the space that I need to grow my limit and provide me and my patients some good meds! I can't wait to get out of my tiny little flower room that I'm in now. Its a 9 x 14 foot room and my 5x10 tent is inside of that room... Lets just say its a little cramped in there LOL. And I will have a 200 Amp electrical service at the new house so electrical won't be a problem, and I will be able to do sub panels in different areas of the home to split up the wattage so I'm really excited, this property has a ton of potential. Its a split level home with 3 stories and the basement is roughly 750 sq. ft thats basically gutted with 2 separate rooms, one room is twice the size of the other so its literally PERFECT for the perpetual system I want to do with a veg and flower room! :cheesygrinsmiley:

As for the hermied Cherry Pie, it had noticeable stress damage, the leaves looked heat stressed and it was without a doubt underwatered for a prolonged time, it literally almost died. I didn't notice any pollen sacks on it until I started flowering it. I think it was a couple weeks into flower when I first spotted the pollen sacks. I got this strain from clone at an mmj market.

Welcome! I see you're a new member, feel free to ask questions if you've got em!
I see you've already got a journal going, Ill go check that out!

Little update on the flower room. Today marks the last day of week 7! Today they got a feeding of full nutrients ppm:1220 plus a late flower booster Mother Of All Bloom or MOAB for short. Final Ppm:1360

I burned the leaves on one of my tahoe og kushs, cinex, and ace of spades with the snow storm ultra, i won't be using that again this run, i think i might have been mixing it too strong or something. I might have been spraying it too close to lights on time possibly but I was spraying at least 5 hours before lights on.

The strain The White is showing over 50% cloudy triches so I'm thinking it should be ready in about a week or so

Im also thinking about making some changes to my grow for grow #4 aka the girls in the veg tent. I want to switch from using happy frog and ffof with perlite to just pro-mix with amendments.

I've never used snow storm as it's a US only product but I have heard you are best to mix it at 80% strength & spray at lights off. Other than the little burn issue your grow sounds great :)

I use Snow Storm Ultra at 0.80-1.25 milliliters per quart or liter as a foliar spray during the dark phase every 7-10 days of flower and discontinue use when I am harvest flushing.

https://emeraldtriangle.biz

Week 8 flower update

Here are some pictures from the flower tent.

XJ-13

image-394.jpeg
image-403.jpeg

Grape Dream

image-414.jpeg

White Russian

image-433.jpeg

Dirty Girl

image-443.jpeg

Black 84

image-453.jpeg

Looking good Keegan420 & just a little green about your Tri-level house, good luck.

Veg Tent update: Its been 1 month since these girls have shown roots, and they are growing much faster and healthier than before now that they're under t5. Its been 1 week since they were transplanted into 1 gal pots. They have all been topped at least 2-4 times strain dependent, Ive noticed the mendo purps, Black 84, xj13, and tahoe og kush like to be topped. They got a feeding today of half strength veg nutes PPM:520

IMG_37136.JPG

IMG_37145.JPG

Flower room: Saw first amber triches on 2x The White, ace of spades, cinex, dirty girl and xj-13, they have started their pre harvest flush with some CalMag and sugar daddy. I will be watering them with plain water until harvest. As for the rest of the crop, they were fed a 2/3 strength nutrient feed plus a full dose of Mother of all blooms, 2 tsp per gallon. PPM: 900

Some great nug shots buddy, you should have a nice smoke selection any time now :)
Thanks! There is definitely some great trichome production going on but idk if the overall yield will be as good as what I've been hoping for. Since i lost the cherry pie, and had some other strain issues as far as low yielding phenos, some feeding issues, nute burn on a couple plants and trying a lot of new things like scrog and experimenting with soil mixtures. Next run should be even better! Ive kept the strains I like, and got rid of the strains that didn't perform. Gonna veg a little longer next time, maybe change some things up and give it another go! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looking good Keegan420 & just a little green about your Tri-level house, good luck.

Nothing to be green about bro, its a bank owned SHIThole that needs ALOT of work.. But i see it as a great investment opportunity, and a nice place to call home for awhile, so we will see how it goes. Cant wait to see where you end up setting up shop 60cal, you're gonna rock it!

Before I met the capn and starting using his methods I was flowering out nine plants in a tent with 1000 watts of HPS in sunshine advanced #4 mix and was not even getting two zips per plant now I have no problem getting over 7 ounces and I'm talking about 7 oz jarred and ready to donate. Thanks for the tune up capn.
Should
Also
Mention for one I'm talk g about seven oz with four plants not nine and now I can flush good enough that I'm not a poster child for rice crispies ya know snap! Crackle and pop!! Now it's smooth smoking and white ash

Before I met the capn and starting using his methods I was flowering out nine plants in a tent with 1000 watts of HPS in sunshine advanced #4 mix and was not even getting two zips per plant now I have no problem getting over 7 ounces and I'm talking about 7 oz jarred and ready to donate. Thanks for the tune up capn.
Should
Also
Mention for one I'm talk g about seven oz with four plants not nine and now I can flush good enough that I'm not a poster child for rice crispies ya know snap! Crackle and pop!! Now it's smooth smoking and white ash

Those are some good numbers there sling, I hope I'm able to do that at some point. You grow capn style right, top fed mini rock wool? Ive actually been thinking lately i want to turn my 5x5 tent into another smaller flower room that i can do test runs in and build a separate 4x6ft veg box out of plywood and put it in the garage.

In the now 5x5 flower tent, I'm thinking about scrogging 4 plants hydro, maybe Capn style, I've been reading his how to hydro guide and it looks doable, but i don't really want to invest in an expensive PPM/PH monitoring system and all that hydro jazz though. I like the fact you can set it up on a timer to feed several times a day and just change out the reservoir to water it though, I'm confused on how you change the water in the reservoir though, is there a run off or do you just pump the water out into a sink or down a drain or something?

Also if i were to do that I would either need to start new clones in rock wool cubes, or somehow transplant a clone thats currently potted in soil, into mini rockwool cubes. Is there a way of doing that like maybe breaking off most of the dirt by hand and washing the rest off with a hose and just bury the roots in the mini rockwools?

Those are some good numbers there sling, I hope I'm able to do that at some point. You grow capn style right, top fed mini rock wool? Ive actually been thinking lately i want to turn my 5x5 tent into another smaller flower room that i can do test runs in and build a separate 4x6ft veg box out of plywood and put it in the garage.

In the now 5x5 flower tent, I'm thinking about scrogging 4 plants hydro, maybe Capn style, I've been reading his how to hydro guide and it looks doable, but i don't really want to invest in an expensive PPM/PH monitoring system and all that hydro jazz though. I like the fact you can set it up on a timer to feed several times a day and just change out the reservoir to water it though, I'm confused on how you change the water in the reservoir though, is there a run off or do you just pump the water out into a sink or down a drain or something?

Also if i were to do that I would either need to start new clones in rock wool cubes, or somehow transplant a clone thats currently potted in soil, into mini rockwool cubes. Is there a way of doing that like maybe breaking off most of the dirt by hand and washing the rest off with a hose and just bury the roots in the mini rockwools?

>>>i don't really want to invest in an expensive PPM/PH monitoring system and all that hydro jazz though

The 24/7 nutrient monitor is $150. You'll be able to buy about 20 of them after your first harvest :)

>>>>how you change the water in the reservoir

Yep, just pump it out into a bucket.

>>>Is there a way of doing that like maybe breaking off most of the dirt by hand

I did it one time. Fill a bucket 1/2 way with mild nutrient solution. dip the entire root ball into it and gently swish it around to get some of the loose dirt off. The rest, don't worry about it. Then set it down into our new pot of pre-soaked rockwool, and back fill in the empty spaces with more rockwool. The plant shouldn't miss a beat. Be sure to water daily after that.

sling switched from dirt to rockwool over a year ago, and he hasn't used dirt since. He is pulling a minimum of 20zips per 4 plant tray, under 1K. He has got over 30zips a few times. Under 600W, you won't have trouble reaching 20.

>>>i don't really want to invest in an expensive PPM/PH monitoring system and all that hydro jazz though

The 24/7 nutrient monitor is $150. You'll be able to buy about 20 of them after your first harvest :)

>>>>how you change the water in the reservoir

Yep, just pump it out into a bucket.

>>>Is there a way of doing that like maybe breaking off most of the dirt by hand

I did it one time. Fill a bucket 1/2 way with mild nutrient solution. dip the entire root ball into it and gently swish it around to get some of the loose dirt off. The rest, don't worry about it. Then set it down into our new pot of pre-soaked rockwool, and back fill in the empty spaces with more rockwool. The plant shouldn't miss a beat. Be sure to water daily after that.

sling switched from dirt to rockwool over a year ago, and he hasn't used dirt since. He is pulling a minimum of 20zips per 4 plant tray, under 1K. He has got over 30zips a few times. Under 600W, you won't have trouble reaching 20.

Thanks for the info Capn, youve been giving me a lot to think about and i think I'm ready to give your way a go.

I want to start a side project and start with 4 plants in airpots scrogged with your method. I have a 5x5 tent that i will dedicate to this grow. Im either gonna put it in the garage and get another 1000w HID system, or possibly buy the new Mars II 1600 and keep it in the spare bedroom with no heat exhaust. I can't find any grow journals with it though so idk I'm a little leery to buy something i don't know works and smokesara won't respond to my private messages lol they look like good lights but there is 0 par testing done on them, and nobody has posted how much heat they put off either, if someone has seen a journal with it post a link please!

The automatic watering system I've seen you use looks pretty slick and i think thats something I would want too. Is it just the pump in the res hooked to a wall timer set to feed a couple times a day or what?

Im going to PM you because i have a few things id like to ask you about capn style

CO Finest is probably the best guy to talk to about the Mars 1600. I personally wouldn't buy one light for coverage of a large area as the PAR fades dramatically once your not under the light. It's better to have more smaller lights imo

Thanks for the info Capn, youve been giving me a lot to think about and i think I'm ready to give your way a go.

I want to start a side project and start with 4 plants in airpots scrogged with your method. I have a 5x5 tent that i will dedicate to this grow. Im either gonna put it in the garage and get another 1000w HID system, or possibly buy the new Mars II 1600 and keep it in the spare bedroom with no heat exhaust. I can't find any grow journals with it though so idk I'm a little leery to buy something i don't know works and smokesara won't respond to my private messages lol they look like good lights but there is 0 par testing done on them, and nobody has posted how much heat they put off either, if someone has seen a journal with it post a link please!

The automatic watering system I've seen you use looks pretty slick and i think thats something I would want too. Is it just the pump in the res hooked to a wall timer set to feed a couple times a day or what?

Im going to PM you because i have a few things id like to ask you about capn style

You already know my opinion about LED. If they worked, saved electricity, and were comparable price, I would use them.

>>>Is it just the pump in the res hooked to a wall timer set to feed a couple times a day or what?

Yep, use the cheap $10, timer.

You already know my opinion about LED. If they worked, saved electricity, and were comparable price, I would use them.

>>>Is it just the pump in the res hooked to a wall timer set to feed a couple times a day or what?

Yep, use the cheap $10, timer.

I think I will stick with 1k HiD for this test grow. I think with too many new aspects of the grow I wont be able to record any data because there are just too many variables. So for this one we will be just observing the change in grow style.

And cap'n I have a couple more questions about cap'n style, I'm currently making a parts list and am going to be setting up this grow over the next week or 2.

Is it possible to have one reservoir for all 4 plant sites, or maybe 1 res for 2 plant sites?
Do you have a simple parts list for each plant site i could go off such as fittings and stuff? thats the confusing part for me..
What nutrients works the best for this system that youve found?
7 or 10gal airpots?
How many times a week do you change the reservoir?
Also i need something to keep thje water moving in the res right, just a little air pump for an aquarium, and 1 airstone per 10 gal res?

I think I will stick with 1k HiD for this test grow. I think with too many new aspects of the grow I wont be able to record any data because there are just too many variables. So for this one we will be just observing the change in grow style.

And cap'n I have a couple more questions about cap'n style, I'm currently making a parts list and am going to be setting up this grow over the next week or 2.

Is it possible to have one reservoir for all 4 plant sites, or maybe 1 res for 2 plant sites?
Do you have a simple parts list for each plant site i could go off such as fittings and stuff? thats the confusing part for me..
What nutrients works the best for this system that youve found?
7 or 10gal airpots?
How many times a week do you change the reservoir?
Also i need something to keep thje water moving in the res right, just a little air pump for an aquarium, and 1 airstone per 10 gal res?

Answered this via your PM.

Update:
Ok so the wheels on the capn style 4 plant grow are officially rolling. So far i have ordered all of the hydroponic equipment.. 2x185gph pumps, 20ft 1/2 tubing, 4x hydro halos, fittings, and a 2 plug timer, that should be here next week. I also got 6 cubic feet of the crouton groden rock wool cubes for 85$, which seemed kind of expensive, but it was a huge box so i think its gonna last a long time. I also ordered 4x 5.6 gal. airpots. Im still looking at 24/7 nutrient monitoring systems but think I'm going to get the CWP instruments monitoring system. Its a tri meter which means its got PPM, PH, and water temp for 160$ shipped.

Flower Tent:
Eveything is looking really nice and frosty, and wow the smells are amazing.. Almost too good, i was out in my driveway washing my car and i got a whiff of dank.. Had to go in and make sure my carbon filter was still hooked up but i guess its just not enough! Could it be that my exhaust fan is too high of a cfm for the filter to properly deodorize the air?

Just flushed the xj13, 2x the white, mendocino purps, cinex and dirty girl with about 3-5 gallons of water each. I let it over flow to my drip tray and used a shop vac to suck up the overflow.
I started the first (for these strains) pre-harvest flush with a nutrient mix of 1/2tsp CalMag and 6tsp sugar daddy per gallon for the following strains: 2x Tahoe OG Kush, Ace of Spades, Thin Mint GSC, Cantaloupe Kush, 2x The Back 84, Pineapple Express, and White Russian.
For the Grape Dream and the Headband i fed them a nutrient mix of 2/3 strength nutes plus MOAB

Veg tent has really been taking off lately. Last feeding was 700ppm and today i fed them with 790ppm. Ive been topping and bending and my entire 5x5 area is filled. Ive gotten rid of 2x cinex, 1 xj13, and one black 84 because they weren't vigorously growing.

Ill get a big picture update of both rooms and ill take some picks of my new equipment when it arrives.

Back
Top Bottom