New to Site - 14 Strains Under 2000 Watts in a 5x10 Tent

I can't wait to see your monster scrog with Williams Wonder, I've never heard of that strain but it sounds a huge yielder

The original linage is from super sativa seed club. But the guy at the clone store was saying somebody in the seattle area had been growing it and its their own clone only version that she had been working with and released it to the public. Which is funny, because I used to always go to this one dispensary on lake city way and they always had williams wonder, ALWAYS. And I asked them where they were getting it from because i liked it so much and they said some old lady had been growing it for a bunch of years. Im betting its that same strain, because I haven't seen that strain anywhere else around here. So if it is the same cut then I know I'm going to be happy because its seriously one of the best strains Ive ever smoked. But if I can even get a pound off of one plant Id be extremely happy

I am Subscribed Keegan, thanks for the invite
Very interesting story on the strain..

But 4.4 pounds a square meter??

2000g a square meter?? so in a 3.2ftx3.2ft space the strain will pull in 4.4 pounds?

i am going to say that was a typo! But damn everything is looking killer in there man!

I am Subscribed Keegan, thanks for the invite
Very interesting story on the strain..

But 4.4 pounds a square meter??

2000g a square meter?? so in a 3.2ftx3.2ft space the strain will pull in 4.4 pounds?

i am going to say that was a typo! But damn everything is looking killer in there man!

Hey thanks for stopping by Greenthumb, and yeah that was what I was told. I didn't really believe him at first because obviously that seems high and I'm not aiming anywhere near that. but I've seen it done in a 5x5 scrog. Look at Colorado Finests videos and journals. I've seen him pull over 4 lbs off of one plant under a mars LED so it definitely can be done. I'll be aiming for around 500 grams from the one plant with 3-4 months of veg

See now that makes sense. This whole g/m thing or g/w is all so variable. Some of these people in California and warmer climates veg up to 8 months and it's not unheard of to get 6-7-8-9 lbs from one plant. I guess the goal here is to fill the entire canopy to full, utilizing the maximum potential of the light and to some respects the full potential of the plant within the space and develop a root mass that will be able to nourish that many colas.

Grow on!

Realistically, who vegges a plant 6 months? I could pull off a 4 pound plant too if i vegged for 6 months and had my plant in a 5'x5' scrog. I'd probably pull in more cause i would be using HID's not LED.

Most people veg their plant 5-8 weeks. on a 2 month veg period, you should pull close to 1lb dried. if you top and bend to open up bud sites, this is easily achievable

Realistically, who vegges a plant 6 months? I could pull off a 4 pound plant too if i vegged for 6 months and had my plant in a 5'x5' scrog. I'd probably pull in more cause i would be using HID's not LED.

Most people veg their plant 5-8 weeks. on a 2 month veg period, you should pull close to 1lb dried. if you top and bend to open up bud sites, this is easily achievable

Well said, GT. Sling got 2lbs in a 5x5 scrog once, but like you said, I think he had to veg 3 months. The most I've got is about 1.50 zips / sq ft, under 600W HPS. And let me tell ya, that's a crowded canopy.

>>>I've seen him pull over 4 lbs off of one plant under a mars LED

I would have to see that to believe it. And if that's true, I'll buy one.

Anybody who wants to pull a pound per plant would realistically have to veg for more than 2 months.. Thats why I'm doing that because I'm limited by a plant count, so the more bud i can get PER PLANT, the better. And you're right, you probably could get more with an HID, like the 1000watters Im using should make it pretty easy to do a pound in each 5x5. My question to you is this, you say you could pull 4 pounds off a plant that way, then why don't you do it?

Let me show you my thought process on why I would spend that much time vegging all my plants..
If I can get my 15 plants, plus my 2 patients combined 30 plants which makes 45 plants total that i will be allowed to LEGALLY grow. The law says I can only grow so many plants, but doesn't say how BIG each plant can be. If I get a perpetual system down to where I'm harvesting a plant every week or 2, and they are all yielding a pound a pop, I'm sitting really fucking pretty, ya feel me?

My current grow I vegged for 2 months like you say, and each plant is currently scrogged with about 2.75 sq ft. of canopy space per plant. So I would think it would take at least twice that amount of time if not more to fill up 25 sq. ft of scrog netting, which is a 5x5 ft square.

Well said, GT. Sling got 2lbs in a 5x5 scrog once, but like you said, I think he had to veg 3 months. The most I've got is about 1.50 zips / sq ft, under 600W HPS. And let me tell ya, that's a crowded canopy.

>>>I've seen him pull over 4 lbs off of one plant under a mars LED

I would have to see that to believe it. And if that's true, I'll buy one.

He uses 420mag, and has a great youtube channel, I'm surprised you haven't seen him around the forum. He knows what he's doing. He did a video on youtube of his dry weight for his 5x5 scrogged plant and I think it was somewhere around 4.4 pounds off one plant. He was using the Mars II 1600 I believe.

This all comes down to plant count for me. It makes a whole lot more sense to grow a bunch of big plants, then grow a bunch of small ones. What I've been doing is working great, and I'm still pulling healthy yields, hopefully around 2-3 pounds from these 18 girls. But I would like more, more often. I hate waiting 2 and a half months for each harvest. Id rather harvest 1 pounder plant every 2-3 weeks than 15 every 2 and a half months.

Also just a clarification, on my last post above i mentioned a 45 plant count total. That is a future number that i will be working with once i move into my new house and have the space and electrical that I need to be able to do that.

I'm sure CO only gets a pound & a half from his scrogs.

You can skip ahead if you'd like to his final weigh-in which is at 12:22. I was incorrect on a couple things, it wasn't a mars 1600, but it was 2 TopLED panels. And the final weight for his 5x5 scrogged plant was around 3 pounds, but his total harvest with a few other plants came out to 4 pounds 11 ounces.

That was wet weight, he came back with a final dry weight of 1.4 lbs or something like that for the monster train - precisely why I never record wet weight; too damn depressing to see the 75% weight loss :)

This is what i was trying to say...

No one pulls over 4lbs DRIED in a 3.2ftx3.2ft or even a 5x5 foot space, and especially not with one plant..

Also, no one counts wet weight. if they do, its pointless, unless they are gauging how much weight is lost in the drying process.

CO knows how to grow dont get me wrong, but i would say the one plant in the 5x5 scrog probably got him 1lb dried. And if he vegged that for longer than 2 months, then i know right now that LED's dont outperform an HID ever... The Capn can veg a plant for 2 months, top and bend and put it in a scrog and hit over a LB DRIED with a 600w HPS, in less time than it took CO to get that plant grown and harvested. Look at S1ingblades Plant of the Month winner "Tiny". He hit just over 2 lbs dried i think with that plant.. Him or The Capn would have to correct me on the number there, but thats under an HID and during the Capn's Cook off, which was also probably another 2ish month veg period.

No one pulls over 4lbs DRIED in a 3.2ftx3.2ft or even a 5x5 foot space, and especially not with one plant..

Also, no one counts wet weight. if they do, its pointless, unless they are gauging how much weight is lost in the drying process.

CO knows how to grow dont get me wrong, but i would say the one plant in the 5x5 scrog probably got him 1lb dried. And if he vegged that for longer than 2 months, then i know right now that LED's dont outperform an HID ever... The Capn can veg a plant for 2 months, top and bend and put it in a scrog and hit over a LB DRIED with a 600w HPS, in less time than it took CO to get that plant grown and harvested. Look at S1ingblades Plant of the Month winner "Tiny". He hit just over 2 lbs dried i think with that plant.. Him or The Capn would have to correct me on the number there, but thats under an HID and during the Capn's Cook off, which was also probably another 2ish month veg period.

Thats true, and to be honest I was speaking off the top of my head but I knew there was a video out there about it.. I think he could have pulled a way bigger yield if he was using HID though, don't you agree? I think that was a HUGE factor in his yields. If I veg for 3-4 months I think I can achieve similar results using the 1000w hps I've been using. I will know for sure what my realistic yield/ sq ft. will be after this grow because this is my first scrog so Im not sure what I will yield.

All Im saying is that this method, seems to be the best way for me to have a constant source of meds and also have fun growing big plants! Everyone says thats the best way to do it, you get to see the plants true potential. I can't say anything about the williams wonder yet because its still really small and just got its first topping. But I know from scrogging the Mendocino purps and the tahoe og kush that those are really great scrogging strains, and they don't stretch that much.

Here is some pictures of the veg tent, everybody has been transplanted to 1 gal pots and had a topping done. Also picked up a new strain called boy scout cookies which is the thin mint girl scout cookies crossed with bubba kush.

photo_1-9.JPG

photo_2-8.JPG

photo_3-5.JPG

Williams Wonder's first topping
photo_4-4.JPG

There was one he vegged a few months and used 2 X 1KW. We found it isn't the most efficient way. There seems to be a "sweet spot" at one pounders under 600W in a 4x4 tray. Running 1K will get you a few more zips in the same space.

>>>My current grow I vegged for 2 months like you say, and each plant is currently scrogged with about 2.75 sq ft. of canopy space per plant. So I would think it would take at least twice that amount of time if not more to fill up 25 sq. ft of scrog netting, which is a 5x5 ft square.

Hey Keegan, For a plant vegged 2 months, one should be able to fill out a 4 x 4' scrog, per plant (16sq ft), and get a zip per square ft (under 600W hps). IN order to keep your plant count low, you really can't veg more than two months. To reach that goal of 16zips per, there are many requirements (you're a using a good grow method, you're topping often, irrigating often, you have a strain that produces, too many to list here). But don't worry if you're not hitting a lb at first. When I first started perpetual, I was doing 7-10 zip harvests. Then I made a goal to go to 12. Once I was hitting 12, then my goal was a pound. Each 3 weeks, the next plant was a little bigger than that last. After some practice, you should be able to hit a lb every time, but it doesn't happen over night.

Thinking about this makes me want to make a new blog post about it, so here you go:

What is a perpetual grow? Should I do it? - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

There was one he vegged a few months and used 2 X 1KW. We found it isn't the most efficient way. There seems to be a "sweet spot" at one pounders under 600W in a 4x4 tray. Running 1K will get you a few more zips in the same space.

>>>My current grow I vegged for 2 months like you say, and each plant is currently scrogged with about 2.75 sq ft. of canopy space per plant. So I would think it would take at least twice that amount of time if not more to fill up 25 sq. ft of scrog netting, which is a 5x5 ft square.

Hey Keegan, For a plant vegged 2 months, one should be able to fill out a 4 x 4' scrog, per plant (16sq ft), and get a zip per square ft (under 600W hps). IN order to keep your plant count low, you really can't veg more than two months. To reach that goal of 16zips per, there are many requirements (you're a using a good grow method, you're topping often, irrigating often, you have a strain that produces, too many to list here). But don't worry if you're not hitting a lb at first. When I first started perpetual, I was doing 7-10 zip harvests. Then I made a goal to go to 12. Once I was hitting 12, then my goal was a pound. Each 3 weeks, the next plant was a little bigger than that last. After some practice, you should be able to hit a lb every time, but it doesn't happen over night.

Thinking about this makes me want to make a new blog post about it, so here you go:

What is a perpetual grow? Should I do it? - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Thanks for the info Capn, and nice blog post.
My last and currenty flowering grow i vegged 18 girls for 2 months under a 125 flourocent light that simply wasn't enough. Along with that, i was in the hospital for a good 2 weeks and couldn't care for my plants so they actually almost died from lack of water, and extreme heat. There was a heat wave that hit then, just my luck.. But anyways that stunted the growth for a while and actually was the cause of one of my plants to hermie once it flowered.

I think this is why it took so long to veg, and isn't an accurate reflection of my growing ability. With that being said, I think I should be able to veg for 2-2 1/2 months and hit that 4x4sq ft mark, however my current space is a 10x5 so I plan on vegging 2 girls for at least 3 months so I can fill each of those 5x5 squares with 1 plant each. As for the rest of the girls, their new space situation is still debatable because I haven't bought new equipment for them, and currently don't have anywhere for them to flower if I plan on doing monsters in my 5x10 tent. It all depends on which house goes through, and IF they go through. Im waiting on my bank to finish some paperwork for my loan and then hopefully I will be able to seal the deal with this one house thats sitting on just under an acre. It has everything I need/want and has room for me to build a 2-3 car garbage/ shop on it which will be cool, and its even sitting on a well!

I also forgot to mention, my vegging girls that are pictured in my last post have been rooted for 1 month as of today

That sounds like an amazing space to play with Keegan!! i am jealous!

>>> actually was the cause of one of my plants to hermie once it flowered

Were you growing feminized seeds?
Did the plant hermie during flower? or did it start producing male pollen sacks from the time you put it in 12/12?

Back
Top Bottom