UK Cheese Auto 2020 #1

Good Morning Everyone. My little young one has apparently gotten some motivation.
Seems to be really taking off and it hasn't even hit the reservoir yet. Lots of close nodes just like a previous UK Cheese I grew a year and a half ago.

Five days since up-potting and things are looking nice and strong.
It hasn't quite hit the reservoir yet but very soon I'm sure. I'm seeing a third node forming and growing out.

It's been a month since I dropped the seed for this grow and I feel there is finally some progress. The little one is really showing some good strong growth in the last couple of days.
It's possible that I'm seeing results of hitting the reservoir. If not it's close enough it's feeding nicely off of the wicking that is going on with the perlite.

So, I figured it was time to move her up to a big girl light. Removed the T5 fixture and put in my Quantum Board.
The PPFD for the last few days has been around 450 with the T5. Starting with a lower number around 350PPFD for a few days to allow an adjustment to a different light. I'll slowly lower the light and bring the level up closer to 600 in about a week

The last UK Cheese Auto I grew used this light from basically this point until finish at 24hrs a day 7 days a week. I'm looking to move this plant into a flowering tent within the next 3-4 weeks and be using my Perfect Sun Mini at that point.

Oh yeah, she’s woke to the reservoir now. Check out the stem - it suddenly looks thicker and more stout. Top growth is taking off. Looks like you’re running a little on the light side - seeing some slight K and Mg def. Time to increase, as we discussed.

I changed out my light for the Perfect Sun mini. I felt I was getting more heat in the tent that necessary.
Since I put in the Quantum Board and the heat increased is seems the little one was getting a little droopy.
Still growing and filling in though. I'm seeing temps inside the tent of low to mid 80's. Considering that the inside of the house is running below 78 I would like to get it down a little more into that range.

Seeing a lot of growth over the last week. The little one has most definitely hit bottom and drinking freely from the reservoir.

By my best count it appears that the 6th node is pushing up and out at this point. it's a bit difficult to count as the node spacing is so tight. I'm considering doing a topping like I did last time I grew a UK Cheese Auto. Will check the days and do a comparison on size. This one is at least 2weeks behind the growth of the previous grow.

I'm seeing a little browning of tips and some of the serrated edges so I'm thinking it's time to increase my nute dose a little to accommodate the rapid growth.

If Day 1 was May 26, you’re at Day 27 now. If it doesn’t show pistils for a week after topping, you should be in good shape. But it could show tomorrow too.. Ideally, you wouldn’t top past day 21.

You might consider just bending it over?

Actually I really believe this one is at least 7-10 days behind the growth of the first one. I was able to top it at day 14. So there is that. I think I wait for another day and see if I have a better view to top with. Everything is so tight right now.

Weekly photo update: The little one isn't so little any longer.
Front side as I call it with the hole and the Lowe's label.
Back side 180 degrees
She's currently consuming about 300ml per day in feed. Next mix will increase the numbers a bit as I have been running slightly under 500ppm to date.

Today I also dropped the light down after the one week adjustment period the manufacture recommends. The plant was received about 450 PPFD now it's up to 650ppfd. Given that it's lights on for 24/7 that's a fairly decent DLI.

Today I saw the first indications of pre-flowering. I'm really glad I didn't do any topping this last week. Now it is game on. I am expecting to see some stretch begin with in the next week.

I also installed my blower and duct work on the tent Thursday and am now pulling air warm air out and pulling cooler air in. Temps are lower and staying closer to the mid70's at this point. Humidity stays close to the 50% mark.

Weekly photo update: The little one isn't so little any longer.
Front side as I call it with the hole and the Lowe's label.
Back side 180 degrees
She's currently consuming about 300ml per day in feed. Next mix will increase the numbers a bit as I have been running slightly under 500ppm to date.

Today I also dropped the light down after the one week adjustment period the manufacture recommends. The plant was received about 450 PPFD now it's up to 650ppfd. Given that it's lights on for 24/7 that's a fairly decent DLI.

Today I saw the first indications of pre-flowering. I'm really glad I didn't do any topping this last week. Now it is game on. I am expecting to see some stretch begin with in the next week.

I also installed my blower and duct work on the tent Thursday and am now pulling air warm air out and pulling cooler air in. Temps are lower and staying closer to the mid70's at this point. Humidity stays close to the 50% mark.

Looks good, BTz. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom