Variant reported THC %’s

Finnicki

When I read up on a seed or a buds % I see a variance in THC %’s. Why is this? Is that bud harvested at a certain time, be stronger than a bud harvested earlier or later? Will the color of the trichs help me get a stronger bud?

When I read up on a seed or a buds % I see a variance in THC %’s. Why is this? Is that bud harvested at a certain time, be stronger than a bud harvested earlier or later? Will the color of the trichs help me get a stronger bud?
Tons of factors affect THC levels in a plant........ AND... many Testing labs have certain degree of error in their results.

You could take a single pack of seeds, plant all of them in the same exact environment and each plant would have different levels of THC.... this is due to each plant having its own "chemotype".

You could take numerous buds off a single plants (one from the top, one from the middle, one from the low branches) and test each one, they all most likely would have slightly different THC percentages.

You could take buds from a batch of cannabis to 3 different labs and each lab report (COA) will give you different results of THC.....

In addition to above, many things affect THC levels in a plant:
strain
genetic variation in a batch of seeds
grow medium (soil, hydroponic, rockwook, DWC)
light spectrum used,
light intensity used,
nutrients used
humidity, temps
elevation
UV-B levels
feeding ratios, volume, frequency of nutrients
C02 supplementation or levels
Care of the growers
plant training/stressing
health of the plants

All of these things (and more) can effect the THC of a strain, or plant.... therefore this is why even seeing the same strain, you may see THC lab results ranging greatly.

Just like anything in nature, sometimes you get a good strong Alpha and some times you get a Runt. Then, there is always the rare mutant. What @Icemud said, is IMO, spot on. It would all depend on the plant picked for the test.

Back
Top Bottom