Virgin Grower - Badboy Lights - Fox Farms - LST - Nirvana Seed

Re: Virgin grower. Using Badboy lights, Fox Farms, LST, and Nirvana seed

I am amazed at how fast the kids are growing up.

The leaf on this plant is really huge
IMG_01297.JPG

Group Shot
IMG_012411.JPG

IMG_012713.JPG

This one is my favorite, growing very fast, side branches already kicking in. hope it turns out female
IMG_012513.JPG

One thing I noticed is you have them clips around the stem, for the lst. I would try to find something else that will not restrict the growth of the stem. Other than that they look good.

Yeah, i thought the clips were a good idea, but in hindsight, they have a very short life in the way i was using them. I removed the clips a few minutes ago and will just put them around the lip of the container as tie on points. Thanks for the input

Yeah, i thought the clips were a good idea, but in hindsight, they have a very short life in the way i was using them. I removed the clips a few minutes ago and will just put them around the lip of the container as tie on points. Thanks for the input

I just did not want anything to happen to your little ones.

So I was informed that you can smell the girls when you walk in the house. Now i have no sense of smell what so ever, so it makes it hard for me to argue, but can 6 kids at 4 or 5 weeks old really put off that much stench?

anyway, i just ordered a carbon filter to off set the smell, but find it hard to beleive they can smell that much all ready. Any feedback?

The scrubber i ordered is the foothills filters
8 x 14 ACTIVATED CARBON FILTER ODOR SCRUBBER 240 CFM looks like it should do the trick. Anyone here have experience with these?

Weed odor is very strong. I use both carbon filter and ozone generator. The ozone unit has a built in 10 minutes on/off timer.

Those bad boy lights seem to really be doing the trick! your plants look wonderful.
Also- I'm very excited to see how OC+ treats you. :goodluck:
:bong:

Weed odor is very strong. I use both carbon filter and ozone generator. The ozone unit has a built in 10 minutes on/off timer.

What ozone unit are you using and would you recommend it to others?

Those bad boy lights seem to really be doing the trick! your plants look wonderful.
Also- I'm very excited to see how OC+ treats you. :goodluck:
:bong:

Yeah, I'm really liking these lights. If they do in flowering what they are doing in veg I'll be really excited

420Dexter said:
What ozone unit are you using and would you recommend it to others?

I purchased 2 units at separate times. One in the grow area and the other I use in my living room when I smoke a blunt. Very effective in both areas. I purchased the C.A.P. OZN-Jr Ozone Generator.

Fed the original kids (Indica Bag Seed) full dose with big bloom and grow big last night. They look really healthy so far. Both of the Nirvana seeds i germinated have emerged from the soil. The Auroa Indica came up first, the AK 48 took an extra day or two but they are slowly forming now. I also received confirmation that the Foothills Filter should be delivered on Monday so that should take care of the odor issues.

Here are some updated pics
Group Shot
IMG_013014.JPG

Front Row Center (Bag Seed)
IMG_013110.JPG

Back Row Center (My Favorite and healthiest of the bunch)
IMG_01329.JPG

Back Row Left side
IMG_013314.JPG

Baby AK48
IMG_013410.JPG

Baby Aurora Indica
IMG_01355.JPG

I purchased 2 units at separate times. One in the grow area and the other I use in my living room when I smoke a blunt. Very effective in both areas. I purchased the C.A.P. OZN-Jr Ozone Generator.

Try Ona?

The Foothills Filter came today. it is an all in one unit with the following specs 8 x 14 ACTIVATED CARBON FILTER ODOR SCRUBBER 240 CFM with 6 pounds of charcoal. The unit seems well made, runs relatively quiet, included a pre filter as well as hanging strap if needed. As I cant smell, I'll need to wait for my better half to come home and certify the odor is gone. Assuming the odor is gone, I would say I am quite pleased with this purchase.

Tonight's Group Shot
IMG_014113.JPG

Wide shot with the scrubber
IMG_013711.JPG

Close up of the scrubber
IMG_014011.JPG

Looking good Dex. :bravo:

Are you trying to LST them around the edge of the container?

Keep us posted on the filter.

Why are the drain balls on top of the soil? They should be at the bottoms of the pots... They're used to give the pots better drainage and they also stop roots from growing out of the drain holes. Plants look great. Keep up the good work.

Looking good Dex. :bravo:

Are you trying to LST them around the edge of the container?

Keep us posted on the filter.

Homemed, My plan is to lst them around the container, not sure how far I will get before flipping the lights, but so far so good. I did snap when of the tops today while trying to bend it around, it didn't completely break but is probably 60 or 70% separated. As it is one of the bigger kids I am hoping the tape job i did will take and it will heal itself in the next few days. No biggie though if it doesnt heal. I'll just take it the rest of the way off and its just like topping.

As for the filter. It has passed the smell test of a very sensitive nose. So definitely a good purchase for me.

Why are the drain balls on top of the soil? They should be at the bottoms of the pots... They're used to give the pots better drainage and they also stop roots from growing out of the drain holes. Plants look great. Keep up the good work.

Dank, I have a thin layer of hydroton on the bottom for drainage, and put a thin layer on the top to minimize disruption of the soil and roots while watering. I also believe it slows down the lights from drying out the soil to quickly.

thanks for stopping in.

Homemed, My plan is to lst them around the container, not sure how far I will get before flipping the lights, but so far so good. I did snap when of the tops today while trying to bend it around, it didn't completely break but is probably 60 or 70% separated. As it is one of the bigger kids I am hoping the tape job i did will take and it will heal itself in the next few days. No biggie though if it doesnt heal. I'll just take it the rest of the way off and its just like topping.

As for the filter. It has passed the smell test of a very sensitive nose. So definitely a good purchase for me.

Sounds like you have a good plan in place. I have seen plants that grow back fine after a little break, I wouldn't stress, like you said you can just top it.

How long do you plan to veg them?

That's great news about the filter :thumb:

Grower
I really think they could go to flower now as they all have from 4 to 10 tops as it is. the drawback is the delay I had receiving the Nirvana seeds so i am hoping to veg for another week or 2 to allow the babies to catch up some before flipping the switch. I know you can go no Mercy, but these seeds are indica and I believe no mercy is best suited to sativa s, so I am going to try and practice patience as best I can for the next week or 2.

Back
Top Bottom