Water Curing Marijuana

sorry about the horrible pic..

IMG364.jpg

the first bud he did,, he left the jar in the fridge,, so was cold,, and did not work very well.. dried bud looked like a "normal" air cured bud, and I cannot say if was different taste,, since it was put in the vape..

the second try,, pictured above) he left in room temp water,, each day the water got a little cloudy. when dried it was blackish,, (very dark), also bud was very hard,, or dense.. smoke was smooth, very mellow, almost no taste. the high was very nice indeed. 2 hits and I was pretty wrecked,,, :ganjamon:

ps.. since I cannot give a smell report,, (we were all in the room smoking) however,, after we were done,, smelling the bowl, it was almost a woody smell,, not regular smoked pot smell.. if that makes sense..

A boat went aground off the Southern Oregon coast, 1980's I think. It was stuffed with bales of high-grade pot. The bales were extremely waterlogged and the cove was somewhat inaccessible and it would have been a major undertaking to haul them out of there. The police, in all their wisdom, decided to drag them out of the cove with boats and fill the bales full of lead to sink them. They shot everything they had at them in a big shootout with the bales of evil weed. They sank.

For a while ...

A couple days later, we noticed thet there was some odd debris in the waves and the scum line along the beach was looking rather green. BUDS!
We went and got a couple trash bags and danced along the shore quickly filling them and hauling them home. We found one partially intact bale but it was too big and heavy to move all at once. Took us 3 trips. The pot was reported the following day and the local police came to clean it up. Took them days and it was still rolling in with every wave.

We took the saturated pot (the only dry stuff was in the heart of the bale - seemed to be some kind of Colombian) and filled the bathtub with clean water. We cleaned out what small sea creatures and beach sand we could. We had a large garage and spread the stuff out on newspaper and set up numerous fans. We turned it over every couple of hours and in a week we were moving out pounds of wonderful, smooth, stony (seedy too in those days) pot that came with the story of its acquisition.

It seems most of the chlorophyll had leeched out of the buds. They were an interesting bluish with yellow leaves here and there. The only problem was the occasional sea creature or piece of kelp. We always told our friends to keep an eye out for them.

So I suppose this might be "EXTREME WATER CURING".

gromper that was the best story ever :p

thanks for sharing!

Thanks - that was a really really a fun time. We were all fairly broke and were down to "seeds 'n stems" at the time. Put us on easy street for a few months.

Was funny the cops thought the seawater would ruin the pot. How could they know it only made it better - lol.

So, the smoke report????????

The stuff still tasted a lot like Colombian (kinda rich and chocolaty - doubt you can get anything like that still but I haven't tried in many years) but sooo smooth. Looking at it under a strong lens you could still see the trichs attached. We used to joke about "getting wrecked" on it. Location of the wreck was just north of a little town called Ophir (I think it's 1 store). if you look up "Ophir, OR" in google earth you'll find the town. The cove was north of that long beach and just east of Sisters Rocks. That whole beach had pot washing up on shore.

This is where the truth ends ...

Just showed the story to a friend - He got off on a tangent on IM and wrote:

Story continues: Later that week, something strange happened. Emerging from the surf were these odd shapes. They looked like large buds in the shape of human form. In fact, they were carrying guns!
As they approached the beach, they seemed to have a leader with a megaphone announcing
“we are the bud mafia” Give us back out cousins or die. Meanwhile over to the left flank the police were marching down the mountain side gathering their shit.
The Leader of the bud clan decided to create a diversion. Quickly some smaller pieces jumped off his back and ran around him faster and faster creating some sort of heat system.
G says:
OMG - yer on a roll - lol
toad says:
All of a sudden FLASH, the little guys burst into flames. About that time the winds had shifted, and, as you guessed, it was going toward the cops.
All of a sudden the cops banned together and said these guys are friendly. Give them back their family!
The leader of the bud patrol approached the circle of cops, lit his dick on fire and said BLOW ME!
OK, you have to pick it up from here.
G says:
sorry - got work to do right now
but a good start
toad says:
later
G says:
yeah
toad says:
The cop said, WTF, are you some sort of a freak? I'm not going to do that. The bud mafia said to him, but wait a second, I am female and I want you to enjoy my fruits of labor. The cop had a very peculiar look on his face and looked around at his associates. They were already involved with other bud mafia having fun.
So as the story goes...
G says:
paints quite a picture
toad says:
go ahead and post this to the site. see what happens. It might be fun
G says:
haha - ok

Feel free to add to the story if you have a creative idea (the story after the true part, but try to leave it open ended so others can add to it also) - this might be kinda fun.

They should have called in Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger. If Chuck Norris would have sunk that pot it would have stayed down.

The stuff still tasted a lot like Colombian (kinda rich and chocolaty - doubt you can get anything like that still but I haven't tried in many years) but sooo smooth. Looking at it under a strong lens you could still see the trichs attached. We used to joke about "getting wrecked" on it. Location of the wreck was just north of a little town called Ophir (I think it's 1 store). if you look up "Ophir, OR" in google earth you'll find the town. The cove was north of that long beach and just east of Sisters Rocks. That whole beach had pot washing up on shore.

This is where the truth ends ...

Just showed the story to a friend - He got off on a tangent on IM and wrote:

Story continues: Later that week, something strange happened. Emerging from the surf were these odd shapes. They looked like large buds in the shape of human form. In fact, they were carrying guns!
As they approached the beach, they seemed to have a leader with a megaphone announcing
"we are the bud mafia" Give us back out cousins or die. Meanwhile over to the left flank the police were marching down the mountain side gathering their shit.
The Leader of the bud clan decided to create a diversion. Quickly some smaller pieces jumped off his back and ran around him faster and faster creating some sort of heat system.
G says:
OMG - yer on a roll - lol
toad says:
All of a sudden FLASH, the little guys burst into flames. About that time the winds had shifted, and, as you guessed, it was going toward the cops.
All of a sudden the cops banned together and said these guys are friendly. Give them back their family!
The leader of the bud patrol approached the circle of cops, lit his dick on fire and said BLOW ME!
OK, you have to pick it up from here.
G says:
sorry - got work to do right now
but a good start
toad says:
later
G says:
yeah
toad says:
The cop said, WTF, are you some sort of a freak? I'm not going to do that. The bud mafia said to him, but wait a second, I am female and I want you to enjoy my fruits of labor. The cop had a very peculiar look on his face and looked around at his associates. They were already involved with other bud mafia having fun.
So as the story goes...
G says:
paints quite a picture
toad says:
go ahead and post this to the site. see what happens. It might be fun
G says:
haha - ok

man,, that must have been some good bud.... what a trip,,,,, only a seriosly stoned person could go off on a tangent like that...:bravo::cool:

here are some pics from my water cure

PICT403.jpg

PICT405.jpg

camera is not the best but..
here on the left is regular cured/dried bud, and on the right is the water cure
PICT420.jpg

PICT423.jpg

and a couple of close ups of the water cure
PICT406.jpg

PICT411.jpg

PICT407.jpg

it is alot darker, smokes like wood..lol very little taste, and smell,, but gets you high..

I like the taste and look and smell of pot too much, to probably do this again, it was fun to try, and if I needed stealth, I would do it again, maybe roll it into a cig with 10% tobacco, and I bet it would smell like a regular butt..

alot of growing for some of us want the bud to look as good as it taste
I know there is a place for all kinds of things to be done to smoke.
I knew a guy who just took all his buds and ground them up,he said
easy to roll put in bong etc.I like to look at a bud sometimes almost
as much as smoking it.ALMOST.:peace:

alot of growing for some of us want the bud to look as good as it taste
I know there is a place for all kinds of things to be done to smoke.
I knew a guy who just took all his buds and ground them up,he said
easy to roll put in bong etc.I like to look at a bud sometimes almost
as much as smoking it.ALMOST.:peace:

I agree taste look and smell are key

It was an experiment for me. I am glad that I did it, and experienced it. Will I do it again? Probably not, I like the look, smell, amd taste too much, as others have said. I am sure it has it's place though, like for stealth.

Back
Top Bottom