Water Curing Marijuana

I did a water cure with my strawberry kush and it's GOD AWEFUL !!! In my opinion ! I hate it !
Whoever said that's water curing is smooth like belvedere vodka ! I call BS!! It's so harsh I can't even inhale ! I'll be making cannabutter with it . So I could say I tried this once . Check off my bucket list !

Hey everyone...

Not sure if the oxygenated water cure idea was sorted out or not but I was thinking about it...

You need 2 jars, or containers, one that fits in the other. The inside jar needs the airstone in it, and keep water running into it. As it overflows into the second jar/container, it is oxygenated without disturbing your bud - because your bud is in the second jar, and the airstone is in the first jar...

Make sense?

Someone let me know if it works... I have not yet tried water curing, but I will :)

I reset my forum password just to post this... Kinda bugged me a 7 year long thread needing a solution to that particular problem :p

OP: if this works add it to main post :)

Shit, I just gravedug a 2 month old gravedug post LOL... The last poster gravedug it one year old haha...

New information is always good though :p

I harvested my crop of Super Lemon Haze (SLH) last week and took a cola to test this cure method. Half the cola spent six days in RO water (changed daily) and the other half was in tap water (left overnight) that was also changed daily. After six days, the flowers spent a few hours in front of a low-speed fan and then put in a drying net and left overnight. It was completely dry by the next morning!

Appearance: Dark, tight nugs (almost brown)
Fragrance: Almost none - when dried or when smoked.
Flavour: Very faint echo of what an air-dried SLH should taste like but very, very, VERY smooth.
Effect: The smoke messed me up in the same way as air-dried SLH (I used half the amount of air-dried SLH that I would usually put in a joint) i.e. very nice cerebral rush giving way to a mellow high and slight body stone after 45 minutes.

Conclusion: Whilst I really enjoy the look, flavour and fragrance of a nice SLH bud that has been air-dried, this really is a good way to get the full effect of the plant - whilst being able to smoke it openly without arousing suspicion. I sat outside in a cafe and had a coffee and a joint and there was a table of cops having their lunch next to me. I know these local cops and know for a fact that at least half of them smoke, but no one picked up on the fact that I was smoking a joint as I had some rolling tobacco and papers and it looked just like a rollup cigarette. I was checking their reaction but there was none - and here is not the sort of place that cops will leave you alone if they know your are partaking of the herb in a public place....

This is a very useful method of curing when you want to "smoke and go" (or smoke whilst going hehe) without raising suspicion and getting caught. Sure, there's a trade-off between the flavours and aromas of air-dried v water cured but the effects are the same and it's safer if you use in public in a non-420-friendly country.

A thought concerning R.O water v tap water:
I did notice that the buds cured in the tap water (approx 175-200 PPM / 350-400 EC) seem to turn darker quicker and were a slightly smoother smoke than those cured in the R.O water. This may be because the leeching out of the nutes (and I fed til the end and did not flush before chopping) from the buds into the water was speeded up because the tap water already had something for the nutes to bond to. Rememebr how you learned to flush with a weak nute solution or with water at around 350 EC? That was because the excess salt and nute buildup leechers faster into a solution which already contains some N, P , K etc. I will definitely go with tap water for next time as it seems a bit faster and results in a smoke which is slightly smoother than the ones that were in the R.O water.

Thanks and kudos for this great thread!

I will definitely go with tap water for next time

After doing 400+ hours of research since January into every extraction method available with hopes of getting into "the biz", this WCC technique (Water Cured Cannabis) has REALLY piqued my interest! I'd love to hear about your additional experience with it.

I was reading about an Oregon edibles company that uses WCC exclusively since 2011. It's roughly twice as fast turnaround compared to air drying, and if it turns out practical to use tap water then material cost is minimal.

It seems various material is leeched out differently depending on water temp, time in water and position in the container. I've read that terps are lighter than water and will gather on the top surface in the first day or 2. I imagine these could be skimmed off and added back? Not sure what other bad players would be floating up there with it, any thoughts on that?

I'm anxious to try different variations of WCC. In a way, it's simply blasting with water :) I would rig a continuous replacement of water in the container at a specific rate, then a light sensor would turn it off once the water reaches a certain clarity, then it's ready to dry. Low water movement of course, don't want those head or stalks to come off.

From there, it could be decarbed and dried in an oven at the same time and used for edibles processing.

For other extraction methods, maybe ice hash and/or rosin pressing? I can't WAIT to see what some squished WCC bud looks like!

So yeah, I think WCC is THE perfect, solventless, natural, and last but never least, MARKETABLE edibles solution! We'll see what other gifts it will give :)

Anxious to hear your thoughts!

After doing 400+ hours of research since January into every extraction method available with hopes of getting into "the biz", this WCC technique (Water Cured Cannabis) has REALLY piqued my interest! I'd love to hear about your additional experience with it.

I was reading about an Oregon edibles company that uses WCC exclusively since 2011. It's roughly twice as fast turnaround compared to air drying, and if it turns out practical to use tap water then material cost is minimal.

It seems various material is leeched out differently depending on water temp, time in water and position in the container. I've read that terps are lighter than water and will gather on the top surface in the first day or 2. I imagine these could be skimmed off and added back? Not sure what other bad players would be floating up there with it, any thoughts on that?

I'm anxious to try different variations of WCC. In a way, it's simply blasting with water :) I would rig a continuous replacement of water in the container at a specific rate, then a light sensor would turn it off once the water reaches a certain clarity, then it's ready to dry. Low water movement of course, don't want those head or stalks to come off.

From there, it could be decarbed and dried in an oven at the same time and used for edibles processing.

For other extraction methods, maybe ice hash and/or rosin pressing? I can't WAIT to see what some squished WCC bud looks like!

So yeah, I think WCC is THE perfect, solventless, natural, and last but never least, MARKETABLE edibles solution! We'll see what other gifts it will give :)

Brian, just so you know this is a very old thread. Nobody that created it still logs in, well maybe besides me lol...

For making edibles just about everybody uses concentrates though. Using flowers makes Edibles just way too earthy in taste. Plus many types of Edibles can't even use buds, such as gummies, lollipops, chocolate.

this is a very old thread. Nobody that created it still logs in

Thanks JC, I was responding to the message I quoted from SLH, who was active here 2 days ago :)

For making edibles just about everybody uses concentrates though

Yepper pepper! Or should I say yepper Beta Caryophyllene? hehe

Sorry I wasn't clear, but I'm describing the water curing process for the material BEFORE the extraction process, be it RSO (everclear), tinctures, rosin, <fill in the blank> oil, etc., etc. (or any of the solvent <yuck!> methods out there).

Hi Brian
I’ve tried the water cure with regular and RO water and cannot honestly say that I can tell the difference between them. I don’t do edibles so don’t know how much better water curing is for that. I do prefer the taste and aroma of air dried/cured bud, but for smoking in public WC is good as the bud will not give off the characteristic weed smell when smoked. I also use WC when it is too hot or humid to air dry (and yes, WC is way faster than air dry).

Sorry I wasn't clear, but I'm describing the water curing process for the material BEFORE the extraction process, be it RSO (everclear), tinctures, rosin, <fill in the blank> oil, etc., etc. (or any of the solvent <yuck!> methods out there).

Lmao everclear is a solvent.

Back
Top Bottom