Web's 1st Grow

weblock420

High 420! This is my 1st attempt at growing my own medicine any advice of course is more than welcome .

These babies are (ss) master kush and sensi skunk and are in their 3rd week out of the ground im unsure if they are on track or not to be honest but they look healthy enough (i think?)they are onto their third nodes..

420-magazine-mobile1862082925.jpg

420-magazine-mobile235668271.jpg

Those two seem to be doing the best as my others are at this stage ?

420-magazine-mobile996053732.jpg

I have a feeling they are growing slow as i have started them under cfl's im not using my full equipment as yet purely down to running costs.

Im in a W1.2 x L2.4 x H1.8m tent

I have ballast & 2 x 600w hps lamps ready to go

Also 8" carbon filter

8" fan has been on since they popped up.

Im using tap water ph down to 6

Growing in coco with some ericaus compost (its all i had at the time) so maybe not the best.

Im at the point where i think my lighting is holding the girls back, but im hesitant to whack the big hps on incase i toast my babies!?

Current temps are as below which i think are good? Correct me if im wrong please..

420-magazine-mobile803020982.jpg

I guess im asking are they ok to put the big lamp on or should i leave it a while?

Any suggestions are always welcome and much appreciated.

Weblock420 .

Sent from my HTC 10 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome; Great to have you here! There are tons of great, helpful people on here. How far away from the CFL's are you? 4-6" is plenty when they are small. Now is not the time to turn on the big guns ( lights). They will grow just fine for the first 2-3 weeks without anything heavy duty. Best of luck with your grow! PS- To obtain proper help you will need to post more info on your set-up. Peace Out.

Welcome; Great to have you here! There are tons of great, helpful people on here. How far away from the CFL's are you? 4-6" is plenty when they are small. Now is not the time to turn on the big guns ( lights). They will grow just fine for the first 2-3 weeks without anything heavy duty. Best of luck with your grow! PS- To obtain proper help you will need to post more info on your set-up. Peace Out.
Hi Smalltime. thanks for the welcome & i really appriciate the advice i will update with more detail as i go along mate.

Yes im about 4" away with the cfls at the moment buddy.

Thanks again for your input .

Cheers weblock420 .

Hi bro! Those babies look healthy ☺ mind if I tag along. Im also growing in coco and cfls just started but yours are just a few weeks ahead.

Sent from my SM-J700M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi bro! Those babies look healthy ☺ mind if I tag along. Im also growing in coco and cfls just started but yours are just a few weeks ahead.

Sent from my SM-J700M using 420 Magazine Mobile App
More than welcome Myxo glad to have you along for the ride!

I'll hook up with yours if you can post a link up that would be cool.

Stay uplifted . & thanks for following my 1st journey

Cheers weblock

Hi Smalltime. thanks for the welcome & i really appriciate the advice i will update with more detail as i go along mate.

Yes im about 4" away with the cfls at the moment buddy.

Thanks again for your input .

Cheers weblock420 .

I would stay away for nutes for the first 3 wks or so! They are best just watered when dry.
Have a great day! Peace Out

I would stay away for nutes for the first 3 wks or so! They are best just watered when dry.
Have a great day! Peace Out

I have done bro! My biggest thing as with most new gardeners (so I've read on here) is to hold myself back from watering too often.

Make the roots search for water was my 1st lesson from 420.

Have a superb day my friend ..

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Quick question, I don't see an "edit post" option on my OG post & I've just Sussed out I should have uploaded my photos through the gallery am I missing something guys? I was trying to sort the images out.

Looked on iPad and mobile, apologies if I've missed it and it's glaringly obvious .

Cheers Webby.

Quick question, I don't see an "edit post" option on my OG post & I've just Sussed out I should have uploaded my photos through the gallery am I missing something guys? I was trying to sort the images out.

You have 420 minutes to edit your post or 7 hours. Once that time has passed you need to ask a moderator to edit or remove the post...

Onto the usuals, welcome to the forums Webby. The plants look a little behind as you've deciphered on your own, but that shouldn't be because of the lights. With coco you'll need to water more often, but make sure that you have adequate drain holes.

Consider me subbed for the journal, good luck and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

You have 420 minutes to edit your post or 7 hours. Once that time has passed you need to ask a moderator to edit or remove the post...

Onto the usuals, welcome to the forums Webby. The plants look a little behind as you've deciphered on your own, but that shouldn't be because of the lights. With coco you'll need to water more often, but make sure that you have adequate drain holes.

Consider me subbed for the journal, good luck and...

Hey Snidrajsed,

Thanks for the welcome & the info re: editing I'll know for next time I doubt its worth bothering an admin, from now on i'll know the score thanks to you :)

So I have probably been doing more harm than good by not watering so much :( Oh well its all a learning curve I guess :thanks:
Do you think I will have done any lasting harm to the seedlings or will they eventually catch up?

Thanks again mate, every days a school day in this game!

Cheers Webby :thumb:

Here's a good saying to go by...
When they're in vegetation the adapt, but in flower they react.
They'll keep growing unless you kill them. Keep doing your thing, unless they're dying a dry medium will help expand root mass.... And more roots equals more plant. The wet/dry cycle is very important. I just :blunt: so I'm kinds rambling... Pardon me.

Here's a good saying to go by...
When they're in vegetation the adapt, but in flower they react.
They'll keep growing unless you kill them. Keep doing your thing, unless they're dying a dry medium will help expand root mass.... And more roots equals more plant. The wet/dry cycle is very important. I just :blunt: so I'm kinds rambling... Pardon me.

Hi mate & thanks for that .

They have done just as you said and have adapted ive got the 4 strongest at one end of the tent under the 600w hps and left the 6 weaker/slower girls under the cfls at the moment which they all seem to be loving.

I think the problem was i transplanted to big pots very early (started in way too small) and the pot size spread them out so much the cfls were struggling to light them all. Another lesson learned.

As i said they all seem much happier now . & ill post some update pics when i get on the laptop later.

As ever thanks for the input & Keep it Green

Cheers Webby .

Week 4 update photos the girls are loving the 600w HPS

IMAG103010.jpg

IMAG101911.jpg

IMAG102711.jpg

This pot another seedling popped up no idea where it came from but Im scared to move it now in case I damage some roots am I better just to leave them? The new one is bigger than the original seems to be flying :jawdropper:!

IMAG102310.jpg

started giving a little canna vega nutes (very small dose at the moment)

Temps have gone up about 5 degrees as well & I think that has helped the girls too :)

IMAG10259.jpg

My apologies for the poor photo quality I need to have a play with the settings on my phone camera :Namaste:

Thanks for your help & feedback appreciated as always :thumb:

Cheers Webby :smokin:

Quick update for better Photos :thumb:

IMAG10578.jpg

IMAG10569.jpg

IMAG10549.jpg

strange but a couple are still a way behind (see below) and the one with two in one pot just appeared one day so I left it now its bigger than the original in that pot :high-five:

IMAG10599.jpg

IMAG10606.jpg

at what stage do you recommend topping them please anyone? I know a couple are way too small yet but im keen to hear when you guys top or maybe not? (the hps was back on for this pic if you're wondering why the colour change).

IMAG10629.jpg

Thanks for stopping by :Namaste:

KIG Cheers Webby :green_heart:

Quick update for better Photos :thumb:

IMAG10578.jpg

IMAG10569.jpg

IMAG10549.jpg

strange but a couple are still a way behind (see below) and the one with two in one pot just appeared one day so I left it now its bigger than the original in that pot :high-five:

IMAG10599.jpg

IMAG10606.jpg

at what stage do you recommend topping them please anyone? I know a couple are way too small yet but im keen to hear when you guys top or maybe not? (the hps was back on for this pic if you're wondering why the colour change).

IMAG10629.jpg

Thanks for stopping by :Namaste:

KIG Cheers Webby :green_heart:

The very bottom plant picture looks to me like it could be topped, although this is my first real grow! Cheers keep it going! Peace Out!

Back
Top Bottom