What's a good harvest per plant?

Detroit Shroomz

I literally just finished trimming up my first plant of this grow...still pretty new to the scene and I'm curious as to what kind of yields people are shooting for per plant and what is considered a good yield vs just average....this plant dry trimmed weight after smoking probably a quarter is 152.7 grams so almost 160 grams which is far more then my first couple grows but is that good or just average because I'm not really sure seems pretty good but I hear people bragging about a lb often so idk ...the plant was only about 2 1/2 ft tall though

I literally just finished trimming up my first plant of this grow...still pretty new to the scene and I'm curious as to what kind of yields people are shooting for per plant and what is considered a good yield vs just average....this plant dry trimmed weight after smoking probably a quarter is 152.7 grams so almost 160 grams which is far more then my first couple grows but is that good or just average because I'm not really sure seems pretty good but I hear people bragging about a lb often so idk ...the plant was only about 2 1/2 ft tall though
Good morning @Detroit Shroomz love your pic.
There are so many variables its hard to hang your hat on a number.
If you veg a decent length and have a good light i find 4 oz per is pretty easy to obtain.
Extra veg and some lst can double that.
Also a trellis is hands down the best producing method for volume i have seen growers use.
If I run ten plants a month without any training I expect 40 oz minimum but it can vary depending on strain and other factors.
Hope that helps a little.
Bill

Bigger Pots = More Roots = More Fruits. Of course it takes a longer veg time to fill the bigger pot with roots. Those yielding 1 lb. plants are usually in at least a 10 gal. pot. I avg. 4-6 oz. per plant in 5 gal. & if I veg a couple extra weeks I have pulled as much as 11 oz. from 1 plant.

2g per watt is what we would all aim for. Anything under 1g per watt and its not really cost effective.
Thats the rule of thumb.But we are start somewhere. :Namaste:
Sooooo how many watts is the sun? :rofl: Sorry I just couldn't resist. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Depends on your method.
And probably the best way to judge is oz per space.
My space is 2x5 and I usually grow 2 plants 100% organic where the plant is fed only by the soil food web.
My average over about 5 to 6 years is 8.6oz per plant or a little over 17oz per my 2x5 space.
So in my chosen method I expect at least 8oz per plant minimum.

Now more than likely if I took that same space and instead put like 10 plants in 4 gal Coco in a SOG set up and drip fed them, flipped to flower after like 2-3 weeks veg and probably get like 2.5 to 3oz per plant and get it about 30 days less grow time.
Get 25-30 oz in that same 2x5 space.
Less per plant, more per space.

Myself getting 17-20 oz every 4 months is already more than we need so anymore would just be overkill..
So for us, over 3 pounds per year of trichome and terpene rich prime organic bud Is much preferable to 5-6 pounds of inferior bud.
Quality over quantity.

Yield weight/plant weight isn't really a good metric to compare with other grows/growers... Too many factors can affect this....

The only way tracking yield metrics/data is good, is if you run the same exact strains over and over, in the same exact environment, with same nutrients, lighting, strains...etc... then it can be a valuable datapoint to keep track of... but other than that, too many things effect yield and it really isn't a good indicator of a success (unless all other variables are identical between harvests)

You could take 2x 60w incandescent bulbs and grow a 5' plant yielding a bunch of larfy boof and have a huge GPW measurement......... but it really doesn't mean the quality is good, or it was a successful grow.... or on the flipside, you can use a expensive LED at 1500ppm and supplemental CO2 with a perfect environment and grow some epic dense frosty nugs at a lower GPW..... so in that example, what exactly does GPW tell you?

IMO, only way GPW is a good KPI is if you use it in identical settings and all variables are repeatable over multiple harvests... then GPW as a KPI would be beneficial.

Detroit Shrooms…I target a half pound cured buds each time in my 3 ft. X 3 ft. cabinet organic soil grows, plus 1-2 ozs sugar leaf for primo hash wash. My hash is fresher and much better than the Moroccan and Lebanese hash we enjoyed 1976 to about 1980 when that dried up. I have ranged from just under 5 ozs. from a recent disappointing auto grow, up to 10.5 ozs. from a great indica grow. I’m a thumb native and enjoyed many a mushroom back in the late 70’s. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom