Whats the Craic? Nice to meet you all!

You popping seeds yet @HappyDaze ? Straight in soil or the kitchen roll and bag style?
will be doing all today, kitchen towel and bag method apart form the 2 autoflowers that will be in the hydro buckets. I will sew them directly into rockwool.
Will document my first popping process for the start of my Journal, i guess i need to make 2 journals ? (hydro grow and sip grow)

will be doing all today, kitchen towel and bag method apart form the 2 autoflowers that will be in the hydro buckets. I will sew them directly into rockwool.
Will document my first popping process for the start of my Journal, i guess i need to make 2 journals ? (hydro grow and sip grow)
Happy you could probably do one journal and make observations about the different experiences of hydro and sip,, or find another way to marry the two. Managing two journals might be a lot to start with. If you'd like to have your work recognized and enter the monthly contests then make a new journal each grow / each season whatever, because perpetual journals are not recognized anymore for the monthly contests. But I am pretty sure you could do this in one journal.
I'm getting excited to see it unfold.

Thanks for the Journal guide! Yeah first time grower, I really want to try both methods and see what resonates more with me before making the decision on one or the other.
I'm sure you will like SIP better. Way more forgiving. You don't have to constantly check pH & water temps or use hydro guard or anything like that. Pretty much the same as a regular soil grow without worrying about overwatering & the results are very close to a DWC grow. I pull about a pound per plant with SIP's. SIP's make growing a lot easier for everyone with mega results.
Oh yeah, Welcome aboard the 420 Train !

If you do the same strain (1 each style) you could do a side by side comparison grow all in one journal so everyone could see the difference. I like to watch comparison grows as it gives me ideas on how I want to grow. Just a suggestion only.
Of course the choice is totally yours !

Sounds good doing both in one journal - its comparative. You are starting with the right mindset, you said, ā€œI want to see what resonates most with meā€ as well as the good feeling (resonating) you will also learn what works and requires the level of stress youā€™re comfortable with in the conditions youā€™re growing in.

Iā€™m almost grow ā€œagnosticā€ apart from the bit where I can do it and replicate it! Thatā€™s really important to me.

The comparative journal will be fascinating I reckon!

Good Luck and enjoy - its very satisfying

Nick

If you do the same strain (1 each style) you could do a side by side comparison grow all in one journal so everyone could see the difference. I like to watch comparison grows as it gives me ideas on how I want to grow. Just a suggestion only.
yeah good idea! will keep it all in one Journal, was gonna grow both the auto's in the hydro buckets but will switch it up and grow the same strain, one in each method. Thanks for the idea!

@Kanno26 is doing a comparative grow with a SIP, a cloth bag, an air pot, and something else Here. Always good to see how the SIPs stack up against other methods. But in the end, you'll find the style that fits your jam.

Growing is more fun with these pots with the extra supplied air to the roots because of bigger, and healthier plants. :thumb:

Hi Happy!

Had tons of wonderful people greet you already but I'm a soil grower, tented indoors, use water reserve pots-cousins to the SIPS... I'm happy to share anything I know with ya!

My better half's uncle owns an Irish bar here called McIntyres. No accent though, I'm sure you are much more fun. And Thailand, wow! How exciting to be able to have lived in such wonderful places!

Let us know if we can help ya out, happy to see you on here and hopefully we will chat somewhere on the forum!

Welcome to the community!

FYI when germinating seeds. Seeds contain generations worth of evolved bacteria that dictate immunities among other things. When you germinate into a paper towel that bacteria explodes out of the seed into the paper towel and is lost forever. This can cause problems with PM, growth, etc. It is best just to roll your seeds in myco (so the myco can engage with the root instantly upon germination) and toss them right into your soil. Obviously this isnā€™t a be all end all as people have had success with these methods but Iā€™m of the belief whatever headstart we can give the plant we should give it.

I look forward to seeing a journal!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I made a start on the journal yesterday and saved it as a draft but for the life of me i cant find where the draft is now and how to view it again after closing it.
Journals in Progress? Is it not there?

You can click on your avatar and view your latest content and you will see where it is

Journals in Progress? Is it not there?

You can click on your avatar and view your latest content and you will see where it is
yeah i never posted it just saved it as a draft, cant find it anywhere, tried content etc and seems its gone, started to rewrite it anyhow, might be a bit less info than yesterday as i forget stuff easy with lots going on. :rollit:

yeah i never posted it just saved it as a draft, cant find tit anywhere, tried content etc and seems its gone, started to rewrite it anyhow, might be a bit less info than yesterday as i forget stuff easy with lots going on. :rollit:
That's ok! Smoke a joint and take your time!

yeah i never posted it just saved it as a draft, cant find tit anywhere, tried content etc and seems its gone, started to rewrite it anyhow, might be a bit less info than yesterday as i forget stuff easy with lots going on. :rollit:

May have got reset.. Iā€™ve had that happen.. Iā€™ll be working on posting a thread, my safari will reload and itā€™ll be gone

May have got reset.. Iā€™ve had that happen.. Iā€™ll be working on posting a thread, my safari will reload and itā€™ll be gone
The worst lol

Back
Top Bottom