White Widow - First Ever Grow Attempt

Scott i look forward to seeing how yours are doing, im thinking i may re-pot mine sunday roots are starting to come through the drainage holes now.

Sorry to hear about the male MrMiricleGro that sucks, fingers crossed for the new lot.

After having a rummage around my house i came across some old gear i forgot i had lost lots of it bits but i still had 2 temp monitors and a light monitor. They all plug in to a big box and give me the readings. I didnt bother with the light monitor because i know its fine and it doesnt give me a useful number but the temp is handy so here is a pic!

IMG_20151112_202522.jpg

the top reading is the middle of the plant beneath a few fan leaves and the bottom reading is the ambient temp. I let it run overnight and log the temps the lowest it dropped to was 20deg i thought that was pretty warm considering its getting cold now

Update time woop woop, its been a while. I liberated myself from work (i.e i quit!) But heres some pictures, ive been doing some LST ive got one branch with 3 nodes on it and the branch is as long the main stem! Ive got 13 heads growing as im calling them and i fimmed it as well.
IMAG017521.jpg
IMAG018024.jpg
IMAG017623.jpg
IMAG017718.jpg
IMAG017823.jpg
IMAG017916.jpg
this last pic is actual herbs growing in with my other herb

I also have a quick question, im at 47 days in according to my grow log, lots of growth as we can see in the pictures and it was from a feminized seed, but, im not seeing any sign of sex on the plant yet and thinking of switching to flowering in the next week... Is it normal not to see sex this long in????

Kinda LQQk like one of my plants,rhoda. I'm thinking that I will go 8 ta 12 wks before flipping to 12/12. She looks good. How's work free feeling? What nutes you using? Temp and rh? I will load some pics today in my update.

Hey Scott loving work free atm, got a better job lined up early next year anyway so a bit of peace haha!

Nutes im just using tomato feed from a local chain store, temp stays above 22 degrees C when I check, im guessing RH is PH that is an unknown ive never checked it. I always listen to what the plants tell me they need ive grown all kinds of things over the last 10 years or so and got a feeling for what they want need now.

Not to fussed on getting the exact PH right etc i think if you look after it right itll adjust if it needs to or i wont run into any massive problems.

I also have a quick question, im at 47 days in according to my grow log, lots of growth as we can see in the pictures and it was from a feminized seed, but, im not seeing any sign of sex on the plant yet and thinking of switching to flowering in the next week... Is it normal not to see sex this long in????

I am growing WW also. She is now 44 days old (fem seed). She Started to show sings of sex like yesterday. At least then I noticed those white little hairs.

So something i noticed today on my daily check,on one of the branches at the half way point (ish) it goes from 2 more branch nodes to 3 nodes! Its only on the one branch out of 14 its well strange.........

SO update time and new photos.... YAY lol

pictures were taken yesterday, ive flicked the little lady over to 12/12 now so are the pictures :)
IMG_20151210_141258.jpg
IMG_20151210_141310.jpg
IMG_20151210_141638.jpg
IMG_20151210_141425.jpg

Thanks old grower! Cant wait to see what happens now ive flicked over to flowering. I promise to keep updating with loads of pictures :D

ohhh a race :high-five: your on haha.

LED vs CFL ultimate showdown only one can be crowned king of the first grows who will it be.........

Looking good WelshPony,

Are you sticking with CFL for flowering as well?

If you don't mind the questions... did you decide on topping or fim? I too am going to grow for pain reasons; White Widow would be too strong for me so I've gone for CBD seeds.

Good luck, shaping up nicely.

Regards

Max the fellow Brit

edit: didn't notice the other pages, whoops. I see you fimmed and went into flower with cfl. Ignore my stupidity ;)

Back
Top Bottom