So i got a few close up pictures through a jewelers loupe,
IMAG020225.jpg
IMAG020127.jpg
IMAG020023.jpg

Looking for a more coach lock high, help ease the back pain

. . .

IMAG020023.jpg

Looking for a more coach lock high, help ease the back pain

I am blessed with very little pain so I asked my wife about the energetic vs couch lock for pain. She answered " There are two main parts to pain, the actual physical pain and the emotional response to pain. The heavy, couch lock effects are better for dealing with the actual physical pain. The energetic high is better for dealing with the emotional response to the pain."

Congratulations on your photos. Trichome shots are difficult !

Looking at that last photo, I see trichomes with stalks that are bending with some opaque areas at the pending points. To me, that means the degredation and transformation of the trichomes is just starting. I don't see that on the other two photos.

Your trichs are not yet cloudy. There is no amber in sight. It is early to harvest. You are probably at least a week away from couch lock. Longer if the night time temps where they are flowering is falling below 65 F.

I just had a harvest go 2 weeks longer than expected, and I'm afraid I harvested early. I just saw Graytail go 14 weeks on a 9 week strain. (His was foxtailing wildly and he grows Hi-brix so I wouldn't say it applies much to the ripening time of your girls) My kindergarten eduction of a guess is that this winter is slowing down the ripening of harvests on indoor plants -

I encourage you to wait at least a week, and keep looking for cloudy and amber - especially amber.

The temptation is getting strong lol, I guess everyone gets like this at this point.... Ill be keeping an eye for amber ones over the next week or so :)

The temptation is getting strong lol, I guess everyone gets like this at this point.... Ill be keeping an eye for amber ones over the next week or so :)

I've fallen into the routine of harvesting 1 or 2 plants every few weeks. If nothing else, it has helped me be patient. We still keep running low on weed. I've 4-5 oz drying now, and less than 1/2 oz total of 6 different strains in jars. Half the variety will be gone in the next week.

Sigh.

I need to grow bigger, not harvest faster :)

WW is my first grow as well, your plants are looking awesome! Following along :high-five:

WW and NL (Northern Lights) are always the best strains for beginners to start off with. Because of their eagerness to be vigor and thrive to the very last day naturally. They are not very susceptible to most unwanted issues that occur with other strains. & they yield some pretty big numbers, if the environment is just right. This all of which comes along with a very nice high to boot.

It's a good "ice-breaker" for those just starting off. Those two strains have been the ones that will go down in history for the beginning stages of some of our best cultivators on Earth today and tomorrow. My hat's off you Welsh. Keep up the good work!

Sending positive Energy
:Namaste:
:peace:

Thanks KidGrow420!

Im starting to think about the next grow seeing as this one has done well. May upgrade the lighting etc not sure yet will see :)

Hey all sorry for the crappy no updates, new job taking up all my time. Unfortunately no pics but she was sentenced to death had around 2 ounces (I didnt weigh just guestimiating) She smokes really really well, very smooth and heady to start then BAM you cant move off the sofa :) thankfully got a few more seeds of this variety so another germination will be soon. Gonna get the LST in earlier as I think i left it a bit late on the first grow and maybe stunted her a bit :) So will try to keep this updated with the new baby but now cycling back and for work (180 miles a week) but will aim for at least one update a week

So after the success of my first every grow ive decided to keep things going, popped in another WW seed and ive got some exodus cheese seeds, gonna have both of them sharing a room. May as well keep this going and save opening a new journal :D Will have pics when they both pop

Ok all need a bit of advise, as per the first grow im running a bunch of CFL's I know they work I got a grow out of them :) but ive been looking about at lights and found a 600 watt dual spectrum bulb, ballast and reflector for 49.95. Im wondering what sort of heat itll kick out and if its overkill for my grow area? Grow area is around 80cm x 150cm x 8ft.

Ok all need a bit of advise, as per the first grow im running a bunch of CFL's I know they work I got a grow out of them :) but ive been looking about at lights and found a 600 watt dual spectrum bulb, ballast and reflector for 49.95. Im wondering what sort of heat itll kick out and if its overkill for my grow area? Grow area is around 80cm x 150cm x 8ft.

With the tent closed, without ventilating fan, expect temperatures to go up 20-30 degrees fahrenheit above the surrounding room.

I run 600W HPS for flowering, but 4' tubes of CFL are plenty strong for vegging (at only 5-10 extra degrees F. and 1/3 the electricity use.)

My CFL Late Veg area yesterday. (The girls are 12" - 26" tall)

20160309_164147.jpg

Little update for every one, 2 seeds germinated! One white widow same as last time and one exodus cheese :D (100% Germination for me atm)

IMAG021527.jpg

White Widow stretched a little as lights were to high when it came up to see me but lowered them now and will re pot it a bit deeper when the time comes.

IMAG021427.jpg

Exodus Cheese was germinated a few days after the WW made sure lights were ready this time!

Im off to the hydrostore today when I can get my backside off the sofa (day off woop woop) gonna take a look at the lights, im also going to get some proper nutes, thinking bio-biz got to be better than the generic plant feed I used last time :/ Also thinking of getting some airpots, any first hand experience with this pots and nutes?

Ive also got a diesel+something auto cross in germination atm, never done an auto but its going in the cab as well.

Little update for every one, 2 seeds germinated! One white widow same as last time and one exodus cheese :D (100% Germination for me atm)

IMAG021527.jpg

White Widow stretched a little as lights were to high when it came up to see me but lowered them now and will re pot it a bit deeper when the time comes.

I have re-potted seedlings a bit deeper many times in the past but am told it slows the plant down a couple of days.
When transplant time comes, you might consider the tradeoff between 1" in height and a couple of days of growth as you make your decision.

Exodus Cheese was germinated a few days after the WW made sure lights were ready this time!

Im off to the hydrostore today when I can get my backside off the sofa (day off woop woop) gonna take a look at the lights, im also going to get some proper nutes, thinking bio-biz got to be better than the generic plant feed I used last time :/ Also thinking of getting some airpots, any first hand experience with this pots and nutes?

Ive also got a diesel+something auto cross in germination atm, never done an auto but its going in the cab as well.

I have used the Bio-bizz grow, bloom, and Top Max. I fertlized at half strength once a week in veg.. I did not switch to flower until much longer than "week 4" or "week 5" in the nutrient schedule, so I had bigger plants and used full strength nutes recommendations based on weeks in flower = weeks using Bloom on the chart. I harvested 2.5 oz per plant with lots of yellowed leaved - in fact almost bare a week before harvest.

I no longer use bottled nutrients, just a more potent soil and water. The flavor and potency of my buds are much better. My yields have been inconsistent - between 1/4 oz and 6 oz per plant.

I considered airpots, but I went with GeoPot Fabric Pots instead - I love them. Similar concept to except fabric pots retain more water and airpots are more rigid. I dislike SmartPots (fabric pots.) I am consideing sewing my own pots to replace the SmartPots.

Back
Top Bottom