White Widow - First Ever Grow Attempt

All finished! All i need to do now is clean up after all the mess ive made.....

Cutting plastic is harder than I thought found myself wishing for a dremel to make life easier, anyways, heres some pictures

IMAG022123.jpg

This was the cupboard before with the CFL's and the old radiator foil stuff.

IMAG022223.jpg

First layer of new foil and light hung on rope for now, im going to get some heavy duty ratchets instead of string.

IMAG022323.jpg

2nd layer added as light will have to be higher now

IMAG022424.jpg

Pots on shower tray so they dont sit in the run off, talking if the run off that will all be collected in an easy access tray

IMAG022521.jpg

It slides out from under the shower tray :)

IMAG022617.jpg

View from above :)

Yea not bad at all for a little brain damage haha, luckily didnt have to think to much doing it :D

The shower tray stands at 6 inches tall the room is (guesstimating) 4x2ft and about 8ft high.

Hangers are on the payday shopping list with ventilation system so they should be here next weekend, plan so far for venting is to hang the filter vertically in the back left side of the cupboard running some ducting up to the fan which will sit on one of the shelves above the grow area then vent out of the door in to the room, though not really wanting to cut holes in doors but they are easier to fix than a ceiling....

Yea I cant wait to get one Max, atm ive got a floor air circulator which runs for 15 mins once an hour, its keeping the temps down for now. Pay day is thursday or friday then its a trip to the hydro store on next day off :)

Yea I cant wait to get one Max, atm ive got a floor air circulator which runs for 15 mins once an hour, its keeping the temps down for now. Pay day is thursday or friday then its a trip to the hydro store on next day off :)

The girls thrive when they get lots of fresh air. I think you'll see a little jump in growth rate once you get extraction and air intake set up.

Yea im hoping so max, the CFL's did great but im expecting a whole new level now.

Also random question maybe but since ive put my new light on it seems to have its own odour, is this normal???

Yea im hoping so max, the CFL's did great but im expecting a whole new level now.

Also random question maybe but since ive put my new light on it seems to have its own odour, is this normal???

My girls started to smell funky at 14 days above soil, but then they calmed down. They seem to smell more if you get them dry - some sort of defence mechanism or reaction to stress maybe?

Hi Welsh,

What capacity fan have you gone for? I wish I'd over specified by quite a bit when I first bought a fan because with a controller you can reduce the amount of air shifted by a high capacity fan, but you can't turn a lower capacity fan above 100%.

When I dabbled with HPS I couldn't cool the tent, even with a cool tube and a second fan for the tube.

With hindsight I'd have spent an extra tenner up front for the bigger fan.

Im going passive to start, only cause im in a cupboard and dont want big holes everywhere, im still working out the best place to vent to.

Im hesitant to vent in to the attic space, weve all heard stories of someone caught by helicopter thermal images.... Venting in to the room means either cutting a hole in the door or wall, probably the door as its easier to cut

Im going passive to start, only cause im in a cupboard and dont want big holes everywhere, im still working out the best place to vent to.

Im hesitant to vent in to the attic space, weve all heard stories of someone caught by helicopter thermal images.... Venting in to the room means either cutting a hole in the door or wall, probably the door as its easier to cut

Can't blame you for being cautious. I live in a medical marijuana state so I don't worry as much. I will be venting my closet out the attic. But, my flower tent will be vented out a window.

Back
Top Bottom