Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

Update - Flower day 8

This morning confirmed two males. Plants #2 and #3. #2 also had a few female genetalia on top, but no mistaking the many balls that were forming below. They are both history!

Still no sign on the other plants #1, #4 and #5. I'll get around to renaming them soon, maybe something less boring than a number.LOL First 'don't count your chickens before they hatch', so I'm only presuming! Fingers are crossed.:goodluck:

I understand that it is not advisable to re-pot in flower. Well I got no choice! Plants #4 and 5 were in tiny one gallon pots. The reason was simple. No room. Now that I have the two males gone, I've got all kinds of room. So after making a total mess in the kitchen sink and floor (It's winter outside) I've got the plants re-potted to more respectable size containers. I used the pot from #2 and found another buried under the snow on the back porch. they are both around (not sure) 3 gallon pots.

All three of these as of now 'nonsexual' plants are now sunbathing in the tent.. They just love all the extra room they have. Come on baby, bring some girls to Papa!:thumb:

Hey I'm pretty sure it's not the best thing to do during flowering (repotting) but I've done it with every single plant and they all are ok some grew more. I had to cut some of the sour diesel roots when I reported and I was scared that I was too rough with her but she was just fine no recovery time at all they seems fine. Just be careful and you'll be fine I know u kno that though

Hey I'm pretty sure it's not the best thing to do during flowering (repotting) but I've done it with every single plant and they all are ok some grew more. I had to cut some of the sour diesel roots when I reported and I was scared that I was too rough with her but she was just fine no recovery time at all they seems fine. Just be careful and you'll be fine I know u kno that though

Good luck on the soon to be girls

Hey Jb. Seven hours later they are both looking fine like yours. Now stress symptoms at all. In fact I tied down the tops of both of them (just a little) to get more light to the secondary branches. They didn't seem to mind it, in fact both their tops are already pointed up again!. :ganjamon:

Hey Jb. Seven hours later they are both looking fine like yours. Now stress symptoms at all. In fact I tied down the tops of both of them (just a little) to get more light to the secondary branches. They didn't seem to mind it, in fact both their tops are already pointed up again!. :ganjamon:

My entire afgooey plant is tied down its just too damn long but it's still growing just fine I even snapped a branch on accident of course but my point is it's still growing just fine

My entire afgooey plant is tied down its just too damn long but it's still growing just fine I even snapped a branch on accident of course but my point is it's still growing just fine

I had a few like that on this last grow too. The break turned brown after a few days but the buds beyond it grew like nothing happened, Go figure eh!

:peace:

Wood...once all our babies show their giblets we are thinking about transplanting from 3 gal pots to 5 gal. Sounds like your transplanting went good....anybody out there think it is worthwhile going to 5 gal pots? Wood, sorry to kinda hijack your thread, but might be interesting side-bar.

Wood...once all our babies show their giblets we are thinking about transplanting from 3 gal pots to 5 gal. Sounds like your transplanting went good....anybody out there think it is worthwhile going to 5 gal pots? Wood, sorry to kinda hijack your thread, but might be interesting side-bar.

If you're looking to grow trees 5 gal is a good choice. But your average 40" finished plant indoors will do great in a 3 gal pot or grow bag.

Giblets . . . love giblets! Like turkey-flavoured bubble gum! :rofl:

Thanks for the reply LabRat......the plants seem happy in the 3 gal pots, but you can see roots coming out of each of the drain holes. Not that that is a bad thing, but was just thinking that the plants would be happier with 2 more gals of growing medium.

Thanks for the reply LabRat......the plants seem happy in the 3 gal pots, but you can see roots coming out of each of the drain holes. Not that that is a bad thing, but was just thinking that the plants would be happier with 2 more gals of growing medium.

I'll just have to wander over to your grow and see what's up.

I transplanted Lilbit in 12/12...she just never knew it. I didn't stress her roots in anyway, she grew like crazy that night after the transplant.

I think if you are really careful and don't have to repair them from being root bound, you could transplant them anytime. After the stretch I don't think it would matter as much if you transplanted them at all though...but during or right before the week 3 and week 4 craziness that plant goes through, throwing out copious amounts of foliage you should be fine...if you don't stress them. :ganjamon: If you let the root ball crumble cuz you transplanted too early (roots not holding soil together) or too wet or too dry then probably not a good plan. I would transplant them a week before I put them in 12/12 to the size I decided, so they are aimed and cocked for the 12/12 growth explosion. I am gonna try next time to water my transplant so that the soil is just a tad more than moist but will keep its shape. Let your transplantee get almost dry but not quite. Put it in and then don't water them in together. Try and immediately make the roots enter the new soil looking for water. Is worth a try anyway :ganjamon:. Ok, maybe I smoked some and am posting...it happens :yahoo:.

:peace: brother.

Copy that guys....thanks. Once again, Wood, sorry to jump in and open up a can. Still can't believe my pride and joy (Daisy) is a dude. Take it easy guys....I am gone.

This is a hijack friendly thread Hypo, no worries.

If you got the vertical height, enough light and you need more volume, go for the 5 gallon.

I didn't really have enough room in the tent for any more than three descent size pots. Could have been bad planning, but I've made it through the veg and loosing at least two plants has put me back in the game. I new I'd be re-potting after flower started and imagine if all 5 were females!

This is a hijack friendly thread Hypo, no worries.

If you got the vertical height, enough light and you need more volume, go for the 5 gallon.

I didn't really have enough room in the tent for any more than three descent size pots. Could have been bad planning, but I've made it through the veg and loosing at least two plants has put me back in the game. I new I'd be re-potting after flower started and imagine if all 5 were females!

Yeah it would be crazy dense foliage :ganjamon:. Very loverrrly. :yahoo:

Sorry hypo to hear your baby was a boy :sorry:.

:peace: brother.

I just plucked some nanners this weekend too *sigh* I hate men. Sorry woods, i had to join in on all the sexism lol. :blushsmile:

Dro...I thought nanners were good (if you want female seeds). Is that right or am I just confused once again? Daisy has classic looking nads showing up. I posted a pic on my thread, but it is kind of blurry. Yeah Wood, we all seem to be in the same boat. Good luck my man

Update - Flower Day 9

Well all the plants are in great shape. No worries for the two smaller ones that I re-potted yesterday.

Good news. I found one pair of white hairs on the 'odd' one. On the other small one I've got zip still. The big girl, that I found hairs on yesterday, I couldn't seem to find them today? I did not have much time too look as the wife was needing me to come down. I'll be doing a thorough check later. maybe a photo update also.:reading420magazine:

Update and Photos - Flower Day 9

Alright, I've got two confirmed females! :yahoo::bravo:

Big Girl (formally Plant#1) and Fatleaf (formally #5). Both have confirmed vaginal sightings!

My third plant, #4 will remain nameless until I've confirmed her identity! I've got a possible sighting that I'll have you all take a look at. Sorry for the bad resolution as it will make the ID pretty difficult.
Remember, two males left the building yesterday after showing their ball sacks around in public for a couple days. I would think that plant #4 will get a name very shortly!

Here is the group. Big Girl is in the middle, Fatleaf is on the left and the undecided one #4 is on the right. All three were put back into bondage earlier today to promote a more even canopy.
0540.JPG

Another group shot different perspective
0719.JPG

Alright her is a positive ID of Fatleaf with her privates showing!
12159.JPG

Here is Plant#4 and I don't expect any results from this pic. Bad resolution, but I think this little appendage will have a couple of hairs sticking out of it tomorrow! That could be two hairs we're seeing, but very hard to tell. I'm going blind on this one!
Center of photo
0817.JPG

Her is Big Girl (I may change it to Big Mama). She's just flapping her stuff all over. No shame! Look in center top (two hairs) and center bottom.
1888.JPG

Big Girl here may grow me right out of the tent! Her top is tied back again to let the front bud sites catch up.
21128.JPG

Let me know what y'all think of #4. Here's one for the more experienced of you growers. Is there a chance that my girls can go hermi on me at this point? I plan of keeping a very watchful eye for that issue in particular. The hermi that I 'offed' yesterday started out as a male first then developed a female flower the day after I had positive ball sack ID.

:passitleft::adore::headbanger::theband::tommy::ciao:

Great news Wood! I can't give you an answer on #4, I couldn't make heads or tails. This phase is exciting, but frustrating at the same time huh? Your plants are looking really healthy. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom