Xlr8's Quest For The Best - 2012

Here's the final yield for this round:

OG Ripper: 3.5z
Deadhead Ripper: 2.8z
Jack the Ripper: 2.5z
Total yield (dry) for 3 plants: 8.8z

"Vape" Report/Strain overview:

OG Ripper
The best yielding strain of the bunch... OG Ripper was a cross between my Jack the Ripper male, and an OG Kush. The high is amazing, and very much the "OG" experience. It's a very upbeat, clear-headed and pleasant high. OG Kush was the best as far as the "high" of all strains, and this is like that almost exactly, but a bit more of a creeper perhaps due to the JTR influence.

This plant grew very pretty spear shaped buds that had a lot of red hairs. Not as resinous as the Deadhead Ripper, and not as strong, but nice nonetheless.

The flavor is a bit of a mess. Creating unique crosses can be a crapshoot apparently, and while there are elements of both Jack the Ripper and OG Kush in the flavor - it wasn't really a winner in the taste department, at least with the vaporizer. It tastes citrusy, with a bit of a "meh" peach taste that kind of ruins it. Deceptively, it smells amazing and just screams delicious from the way it smells, but it really lacks in the flavor department with the vaporizer. However, it tastes very good in the bong, and we'll be saving this one for our occasional bong sessions.

OG Ripper (OG Kush x Jack the Ripper)
potm_ogr_nov_1.jpg

nov_20_51.jpg

nov_17_8.jpg

Deadhead Ripper
Deadhead Ripper was definitely the winner of this last round. In fact, it's one of the top 5 strains or plants I've grown all the way around. This one was a cross between my Jack the Ripper male and a Deadhead OG female. Unquestionably the most resinous plant of the bunch, and perhaps the most resinous plant I've grown. As cured it's: rock-hard, crystal laden dank smelling nugs of heaveny goodness. :yummy:

The taste is similar to the Deadhead OG (Chem/diesel taste), but the JTR influence added a nice lemon, musk/sandlewood flavor that really makes it special. The flavor is almost identical to "Lucy" from Barney's.

This might also be the strongest weed I've grown. It's a one-hitter quitter if you're uninitiated. Even as a seasoned toker, this one isn't to be taken lightly. A side-note here: my wife might have the highest tolerance for weed of anyone I've ever known. I've never even seen high quantities of edibles phase her, while the same quantity kicks my ass. I saw her "over" high for the first time on the Deadhead Ripper.

The high is pretty instant, but ramps up even stronger after a few minutes. Pretty upbeat with nice sensory perception enhancements: colors look more vibrant, sounds are more clear. This one has been pretty good at replacing some of the pain with warmth and helps me feel more relaxed. This is GOOD SHIT!

I LOVE this cross, and have a cut saved as a mother-plant.

Deadhead Ripper (Deadhead OG x Jack the Ripper)
nov_15_3.jpg

nov_20_41.jpg

nov_20_21.jpg

Jack the Ripper
This is the mother plant of the one I grew before, so I won't be too lengthy. It tastes like lemon pinesol, and if it's like the last one will cure more toward the lemon and less like the pinesol. Very pleasant tasting overall. The plant is a haze plant, nearly pure sativa - and the high is total sativa. Too much JTR and you will be peeking around corners at the slight sounds of the house creeking, thinking crazy thoughts and believing in conspiracies. If you don't over-do it though, it's a really nice old-school giggle fit sort of high and a really nice experience. Great for laughing and hanging with friends or if you want to do something active. Love the high.

As a plant this one grows interesting mutated leaves, leaves with buds and foxtailing buds. It flowers in waves, but popped nanners at about 8 weeks, keeping me from letting it go longer. I really don't care a lot for the looser bud structure and the foxtailing, but for a nearly pure sativa it's quite acceptable from a grow stand-point. My particular pheno was very short-statured and had really tight nodes. Almost too-tight as it required extended veg just to be able to manage the bushiness (without the longer veg you can't even get your hands in there to defoliate!). Unusual stature for a haze plant!

Jack the Ripper
nov_4_6.jpg

nov_4_5.jpg

nov_28_4.jpg

I love you guys :circle-of-love:

Originally Posted by fish cakewhy cant you put a spicket on the resivour to drain it before you disconect it?
sorry I just hit a rather very large doobie of moonshine and now I cant remember why you called. who is this anyway?
yeah what they said:)

Haha. I've been there... :rofl:

gratz and great job man
dont expect any less from certain people and u being one of them
:goodjob:
:thumb:
:bravo:

Go for it :thumb:

loving your grow blogs. Have learned a lot from yours and many others on this forum! Just began my grow and will start a blog soon.

loving your grow blogs. Have learned a lot from yours and many others on this forum! Just began my grow and will start a blog soon.

:thanks: Daicacharco. Please let me know if you do - I'd love to check it out. Like Fluffy says, Go For It! :thumb:

Amazing wrap up X!
Those are very respectable weights but an even better smoke report.
The way you explain your OG ripper makes my mouth water.. Even the Peach flavor part. For me a citrusy peach flavor sounds heavenly. But I guess when you get into spending that much time crossing strains, you hope for a particular taste. I know what you mean, as OG's aren't characteristicly known for fruity smells and tastes.. More like Fuel.

I have to say that I love reading your journals X.

You have a way with Cannabis my friend.. To say you have a green thumb is a huge understatement.
All your knowledge and experience shine through with a very sophisticated and humble attitude.
I wish you all the best in your next grow, and I'll be right there watching and learning as always.

Hopefully you get the tasty flavors you desire from this next round!!
:high-five:

Amazing wrap up X!
The way you explain your OG ripper makes my mouth water.. Even the Peach flavor part. For me a citrusy peach flavor sounds heavenly. But I guess when you get into spending that much time crossing strains, you hope for a particular taste. I know what you mean, as OG's aren't characteristicly known for fruity smells and tastes.. More like Fuel.

You have a way with Cannabis my friend.. To say you have a green thumb is a huge understatement.
All your knowledge and experience shine through with a very sophisticated and humble attitude.
I wish you all the best in your next grow, and I'll be right there watching and learning as always.

Vick, you just brightened my day with those very kind words - thank you! :thanks:

I'm still learning, but doing my best and enjoying the journey while having you guys along for the ride, ya know? I appreciate what you said about enjoying reading my journals a lot.

I agree that Peach could be great, but this one isn't - at least not in the vaporizer. I just tried it again after even more curing. Blahh. First I have to say, it's still one of the best smelling strains I've ever taken a whiff of - but it's just not cutting it in the vaporizer. The cure has actually made it worse surprisingly, and it'll have to get relegated to bong hits and perhaps edibles, etc. I guarantee that you wouldn't like how it tastes in the vape either. My wife doesn't mind it, but nobody would agree that it tastes good. It's just a bad combination in the way the two came together. Kind of a bummer, because it was such a nice plant in every other way and the high is really good from it. Sigh. I have a bunch more seeds of the cross, and I'm going to try to find a better combo from them at some point. I'll be that if I grew a few out, there'd be at least one that worked, ya know?

The "Deadhead Ripper" though... Huge success. Insanely potent, covered in trichomes, rock hard nuggets and a complex but delicious taste/smell... Two big thumbs up on the cross between Deadhead OG x Jack the Ripper. :yummy:

Thanks again for the kind words - it's been great having you along for the ride my friend. :thumb:

Im with vick on the citrus peach sounding heavenly! My mouth was watering during that smoke report!

Great job on your crop overall, I could only hope I have half as many crystals on my plants!

Thanks, Strickly! :thanks:

The peach sure wasn't as good as it sounds, unfortunately, but overall I'm really pleased. Appreciate the props and for being a part of my grow. Hope to see you in the new one! :)

Very well said my friend.

X is bloody marvellous isn't he?

:love:

Amazing wrap up X!

Here's the final yield for this round:

OG Ripper: 3.5z
Deadhead Ripper: 2.8z
Jack the Ripper: 2.5z
Total yield (dry) for 3 plants: 8.8z

"Vape" Report/Strain overview:

OG Ripper
The best yielding strain of the bunch... OG Ripper was a cross between my Jack the Ripper male, and an OG Kush. The high is amazing, and very much the "OG" experience. It's a very upbeat, clear-headed and pleasant high. OG Kush was the best as far as the "high" of all strains, and this is like that almost exactly, but a bit more of a creeper perhaps due to the JTR influence.

This plant grew very pretty spear shaped buds that had a lot of red hairs. Not as resinous as the Deadhead Ripper, and not as strong, but nice nonetheless.

The flavor is a bit of a mess. Creating unique crosses can be a crapshoot apparently, and while there are elements of both Jack the Ripper and OG Kush in the flavor - it wasn't really a winner in the taste department, at least with the vaporizer. It tastes citrusy, with a bit of a "meh" peach taste that kind of ruins it. Deceptively, it smells amazing and just screams delicious from the way it smells, but it really lacks in the flavor department with the vaporizer. However, it tastes very good in the bong, and we'll be saving this one for our occasional bong sessions.

OG Ripper (OG Kush x Jack the Ripper)
potm_ogr_nov_1.jpg

nov_20_51.jpg

nov_17_8.jpg

Deadhead Ripper
Deadhead Ripper was definitely the winner of this last round. In fact, it's one of the top 5 strains or plants I've grown all the way around. This one was a cross between my Jack the Ripper male and a Deadhead OG female. Unquestionably the most resinous plant of the bunch, and perhaps the most resinous plant I've grown. As cured it's: rock-hard, crystal laden dank smelling nugs of heaveny goodness. :yummy:

The taste is similar to the Deadhead OG (Chem/diesel taste), but the JTR influence added a nice lemon, musk/sandlewood flavor that really makes it special. The flavor is almost identical to "Lucy" from Barney's.

This might also be the strongest weed I've grown. It's a one-hitter quitter if you're uninitiated. Even as a seasoned toker, this one isn't to be taken lightly. A side-note here: my wife might have the highest tolerance for weed of anyone I've ever known. I've never even seen high quantities of edibles phase her, while the same quantity kicks my ass. I saw her "over" high for the first time on the Deadhead Ripper.

The high is pretty instant, but ramps up even stronger after a few minutes. Pretty upbeat with nice sensory perception enhancements: colors look more vibrant, sounds are more clear. This one has been pretty good at replacing some of the pain with warmth and helps me feel more relaxed. This is GOOD SHIT!

I LOVE this cross, and have a cut saved as a mother-plant.

Deadhead Ripper (Deadhead OG x Jack the Ripper)
nov_15_3.jpg

nov_20_41.jpg

nov_20_21.jpg

Jack the Ripper
This is the mother plant of the one I grew before, so I won't be too lengthy. It tastes like lemon pinesol, and if it's like the last one will cure more toward the lemon and less like the pinesol. Very pleasant tasting overall. The plant is a haze plant, nearly pure sativa - and the high is total sativa. Too much JTR and you will be peeking around corners at the slight sounds of the house creeking, thinking crazy thoughts and believing in conspiracies. If you don't over-do it though, it's a really nice old-school giggle fit sort of high and a really nice experience. Great for laughing and hanging with friends or if you want to do something active. Love the high.

As a plant this one grows interesting mutated leaves, leaves with buds and foxtailing buds. It flowers in waves, but popped nanners at about 8 weeks, keeping me from letting it go longer. I really don't care a lot for the looser bud structure and the foxtailing, but for a nearly pure sativa it's quite acceptable from a grow stand-point. My particular pheno was very short-statured and had really tight nodes. Almost too-tight as it required extended veg just to be able to manage the bushiness (without the longer veg you can't even get your hands in there to defoliate!). Unusual stature for a haze plant!

Jack the Ripper
nov_4_6.jpg

nov_4_5.jpg

nov_28_4.jpg

MMMMMMMmmmm-MMM! You grow the best weed! Well done, and great report as always. I saw you are already reset, though it took its toll. Hopefully you've recovered from that, and have enough meds to make your back pain leave you alone for a while.

**I LOVE YOU, MAN!!!**

MMMMMMMmmmm-MMM! You grow the best weed! Well done, and great report as always. I saw you are already reset, though it took its toll. Hopefully you've recovered from that, and have enough meds to make your back pain leave you alone for a while.

**I LOVE YOU, MAN!!!**

:thanks:

Thanks bud, it's all good! Been feeling a little rough lately, but Siri says I should be better in a day or two.... ROFLMAO!

Love you too buddy! :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom