Xlr8's Quest For The Best - 2012

Thank you!

Can I not just sit on your sofa in my red spotty fluffy PJs, doggies can doze off with me :blushsmile:

finish it or take whats left home. I'am kinda high right now:):cool:

Drive by and I see you got another flip growing. And now the fun begins. I have 100% faith it will turn out good for ya Xlr. You know I'll be around Keepem Green

That's exactly what gets me more than anything... my lower body always feels sooo fatigued. The flight of stairs to my bedroom makes me want to cry sometimes, I swear. It actually seems like a feat to climb 12 steps sometimes. Sigh. Going down them is a piece of cake. I swear I've tried everything to fix me, but nothing really works. The exercise has been great at limiting other issues though. No more bad cholesterol, no more getting winded walking a block, better blood pressure... and most importantly it's been a god-send mentally. I can look myself in the mirror to say that I'm doing my part and everything within my own control (that I know of) to get better. I've lost 40 lbs, which is a good thing - though I swear I have no clothes that fit anymore, lol. I hate hearing that other people can relate. I wouldn't wish this sort of thing on anyone.
no doubt i would not wish this on my worst enemy, sometimes i think "damn i must have been a real sob in a past life to earn this karma, some blue dream is finding its way to me soon im hoping it works on me the way other ppl are saying it does them, i wonder if indicas are wrong for me, so this should be a good test, i will be making fem seed right off, its an impossible strain to get in my area im sure i will be the only one for 200 miles! i know som patients that may also benefit from this too, i need to lose oh 500 lbs or so lol 150 easy tho my knees feel like they will just explode some days, blue dream save me! gdp? something has to work i know one will and when it does im growing it till i have a lifetime supply!!

Unless you're looking encourage roots on cuttings, roots grow on energy from the leaves. They only want water, minerals, and loose medium to penetrate. Ducts just under the stem 'skin' transport sugar & stuff down, to feed the roots for their growth and health. Inside ducts transport water & minerals up to the leaves where energy conversion happens.
BPN ingredients for root enhancement?

Good morning my darling :Namaste:

I'm just about to prepare your very fluffy hot chocolate. It's got lots of Fluffy Dust in it, I would identify which of the girls it comes from (because I kept the dust from my samples), but I can't remember what's in each pot because I forgot to label them :) So you have some Fluffy Dust from one of my girls with lots and lots of love in it, but don't ask which one. She might tell you anyway.

While I'm busy, I just wanted to show you ... I am making you this in my very special mug, I have a feeling you need the love it will bring :love: :bigblush:

Hi X...this has nothing to do the the conversation you are having right now....well maybe it does.

A few pages back you said you would like to grow a good indica. The Medi-Bomb 1 is really a great indica stone, that wont put you to sleep. It has medical properties too......when I smoke it.....my Butt pain goes away. Just saying.
:high-five:

^^ Thank you OMM :love: Could you please tell me the seed manufacturer? I would like to look at this seriously but there are so many similar sounding strains it's difficult to know you are getting the right one ...

X, my friend, I just want to wrap you up in fluffy warmth and take this pain away. No-one can truly relate to your pain because it is your pain, and you live with it every day. So I just want to offer you as much love and compassion as I can possibly muster, and then some more because you deserve it. I know there is little I can do for you, you are certainly someone who has worked hard to find the ways that best help your difficulties. I do wish I could do something though, and I hope that helps in some small way.

With all my love ... and make me do the running around for you today. I may have a wonky wing but it's mainly the mess between my ears that causes me problems. Other than a few creaks the rest of me works fine, so put me to work! What do you need first, then what do you want? I can make you a very special homemade hot chocolate with marshmallows and some saved Fluffy Fluffy Dust?

:circle-of-love:

Good morning my darling :Namaste:

I'm just about to prepare your very fluffy hot chocolate. It's got lots of Fluffy Dust in it, I would identify which of the girls it comes from (because I kept the dust from my samples), but I can't remember what's in each pot because I forgot to label them :) So you have some Fluffy Dust from one of my girls with lots and lots of love in it, but don't ask which one. She might tell you anyway.

While I'm busy, I just wanted to show you ... I am making you this in my very special mug, I have a feeling you need the love it will bring :love: :bigblush:

Thanks for being so sweet, Fluffy. I appreciate all the Fluffy dust and the love a whole lot. Hope you are feeling better yourself, Fluff. :circle-of-love:

Buckshot - thanks for the reps and the positivity. You rock!

Hey X im coming by to say thanks for the info on the dwc site. It seems like it would be alot of work and though I still dont understand how i will be able to move things around or even change the main bucket with out spilling out the rest of them unless i just set up separate sites that arent attached to each other. Im really trying to get back into hydro soon. but any who, waiting for the updates. Alot ive missed since the last one.

High Wiz -

Well, when a system like the Flo N Gro isn't in "flood" stage, the buckets themselves all keep about 2" in them. You don't need to do anything with these typically during a grow as far as emptying them.

As far as changing the reservoir and not having it leak... There are hoses that run between the top of the brain bucket to the reservoir. During the non-flood state, the reservoir lid can be removed to empty/clean/refill the reservoir. No water leaks from the hoses on the lids because the connection from the hoses to the brain bucket is on the top of the brain bucket, and there's only 2" of solution in the bottom of the brain buckets and other buckets connected to it.

I have 2 identical reservoirs that I switch between. One is pre-filled with nutrient solution prior to a change-out. When I disconnect the lid from the reservoir in use to remove the reservoir so I can empty and clean it (the active reservoir lid also has a hose and a pump connected to the underside), I set it right on top of the "next" reservoir. The one that was in use, now gets cleaned. Prior to the next change-out, I will refill the now cleaned reservoir to prepare it for the next swap out.

Individual hydro buckets can be effective, but they're a headache too. A system like mine, or any other hydro system that recirculates, is a lot less headache as the recirculation and larger reservoir requires much less PH adjustment, temperature correction, and is often much simpler to do nutrient changes than multiple single buckets. Unless portability and the ability to move them is super important, it's not the most efficient solution long term (individual hydro buckets).

why cant you put a spicket on the resivour to drain it before you disconect it?
sorry I just hit a rather very large doobie of moonshine and now I cant remember why you called. who is this anyway?
yeah what they said:)

Haha. I've been there... :rofl:

I tried to explain it in my response to Wiz, but in the non-flood state, the buckets and the reservoir are separated by hoses on "top" of each, so that the reservoir can be pulled away from the lid for cleaning/replacing without anything leaking. I use a second reservoir to really make this process pretty slick if I do say so myself, haha. ;)

A spigot on the bottom would be helpful at times, and provide for another way to do it, but it's also a disaster waiting to happen if it were to leak or something - and something like that would almost be bound to leak, eventually. Seals wear out over time, plastic cracks...). That just happened to someone here I think... Cultivator maybe? Sorry Cultivator if I have that wrong. But, that's the potential pitfall to an otherwise handy idea (a spigot on the bottom of a reservoir).

Drive by and I see you got another flip growing. And now the fun begins. I have 100% faith it will turn out good for ya Xlr. You know I'll be around Keepem Green

Hey Buddy! Yeah, I wanted to grow out a few that were burning a whole in my seed container - stuff I've been dying to try. So, you could say I'm really excited about this next round. I've been doing a lot with Jack the Ripper and related crosses, as well as Deadhead OG and OG Kush related stuff... This next round is all about newness and variety. I always appreciate having you around in my journals - I value your experience and insight a bunch. :thumb:

Plus, I'll flat out say that your threads are always amongst my favorite to follow, especially late summer and fall when your outdoor garden looks so much like heaven to me! :yummy:

no doubt i would not wish this on my worst enemy, sometimes i think "damn i must have been a real sob in a past life to earn this karma, some blue dream is finding its way to me soon im hoping it works on me the way other ppl are saying it does them, i wonder if indicas are wrong for me, so this should be a good test, i will be making fem seed right off, its an impossible strain to get in my area im sure i will be the only one for 200 miles! i know som patients that may also benefit from this too, i need to lose oh 500 lbs or so lol 150 easy tho my knees feel like they will just explode some days, blue dream save me! gdp? something has to work i know one will and when it does im growing it till i have a lifetime supply!!

Awwwwrrrrghh. I really want some of that Blue Dream. I've been thinking about that one a lot lately, and might just break down and order some new seeds soon if I don't get some for X-mas. I know Blue Dream is a clone-only strain up til now. But there is a seed-version now from Humboldt Seed Organization, and I've heard DJ Short has a nice seed version called Azure Haze. Some say Azure Haze is so good it's an improvement on Blue Dream... So I'm really wanting to order up some of this for sure - maybe even try both versions.

Good luck with your health stuff, BID. I think you and I have quite a bit in common unfortunately.

For weight loss... just walk. Everyday. Don't let yourself miss a day. That was the trick for me. A couple of times, I found myself out for a walk at 11pm, just because I didn't feel good earlier in the day. Sometimes I was nearly in tears, but I did it anyway. I didn't and don't let anything qualify for an excuse to miss my walk, or I'll always find a reason or excuse, ya know? I made it my goal to do a mile a day eventually, more if I could. That's all it took for the weight loss for me. It takes time, but after about 30 days of every-day walking the weight starts really coming off. It was very difficult sometimes, but mentally so rewarding, and everything else about my health became less of a worry.

I think this will be on my next seed order:

​"DJ Short Seeds Azure Haze is a release developed jointly between DJ and his son JD Short. A Silver Haze mother, Bay Area origin clone, pollenated by the famous 'stretch-indica' blueberry male to create the same cross as the Blue Dream. The Azure Haze, however, is one generation closer to the P1 landrace ancestry--the Blue Dream cross used an f5 Blueberry male, whereas the 'stretch-indica' Blueberry male used in the Azure Haze parentage is an f4. A vigorous hybrid, this cross is very easy to grow and quite forgiving, making it ideal for the novice or expert grower. Medium- tall height sporting elongated, spear-shaped flower structure of densely packed small-sized calyx yet hefty buds. Medium finish time of 9 to 10 weeks (60 to 70 days). An initially uplifting experience, the full effect slowly comes on to end with a dreamy finish Strong and long-lasting potency with minimal tolerance build-up. A fruity palette with mixes of melon, berry, citrus and evergreen high-notes. Enjoyable day or night"

Does any one remembers BPN ingredients for root enhanment? Thanks!

Unless you're looking encourage roots on cuttings, roots grow on energy from the leaves. They only want water, minerals, and loose medium to penetrate. Ducts just under the stem 'skin' transport sugar & stuff down, to feed the roots for their growth and health. Inside ducts transport water & minerals up to the leaves where energy conversion happens.

I believe you are referring to the homemade "Zone" formulation, for root zone cleaning, conditioning, sterilizing.

Otherwise, Propa's info is very much spot-on.

Corey, from Blue Planet does have a mycorrihizae product, which are microscopic fungus's that help improve root zone health as part of a symbiotic relationship sort of situation.

But, I think I know what you mean. I have this in my blog - Corey was cool enough to give us this in one of my previous journals, so I put it in my blog for easier future reference.

Here 'ya go!
:

Homemade "Zone" root zone conditioner courtesy of Corey, from Blue Planet Nutrients.

Hi X...this has nothing to do the the conversation you are having right now....well maybe it does.

A few pages back you said you would like to grow a good indica. The Medi-Bomb 1 is really a great indica stone, that wont put you to sleep. It has medical properties too......when I smoke it.....my Butt pain goes away. Just saying.
:high-five:

Hiya OMM! :surf:

I've added Med-Bomb #1 to my list, too, based mostly on what you've said about it - I've heard a few others rave about it too.

In fact, the next seeds I'm looking to get/ my current seed wish-list top 5-6...: Blue Dream, Azure Haze, Medi-Bomb #1, Grand Daddy Purple, Skywalker OG, OG #18.

^^ Thank you OMM :love: Could you please tell me the seed manufacturer? I would like to look at this seriously but there are so many similar sounding strains it's difficult to know you are getting the right one ...

Fluffster - "Bomb seeds" is the seed company that makes Medi-Bomb #1. :)

I still need to do a comprehensive smoke report and overview here, but I did get the new journal going. I hope you will all follow me here to the next journal:

Xlr8's Psychedelic Bloom Party Extravaganza, Featuring Blue Planet Nutrients

:thanks: all for the friendship, support and the help along the way. Hope to see you in the new home. I'll post final thoughts here to wrap this one up soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom