Xlr8's Quest For The Best - 2012

Agreed - but it needs to be bright blue or something to stand out... well for me anyway :)

8% males have some degree of color blindness. I looked a bit into my browser for an easy way to repaint links, but only found this: We are Colorblind.com ...good luck ;)

lol yeah im a bit of a yukkster i love to laugh and make others laugh its good for us, sorry bout your back i have similar issues, heres something fun i get bouts of muscle spasams /charlie horses extremely painful they strike in my sleep and it feels like i got stabbed with a huge knife i wake up like a shot, trying to move so i can straighten it out but then 2 or 3 more in opposing muscles ,limbs etc i feel like im having some kind of fit /seizure it can go on for days no matter what im doing, i get em in my whole body toes fingers ribs , and sometimes it will hurt in the spots where i had them for days like i got hit really hard, its crazy! i have tried everything with limited success, the stuff our bodies do to us lol i think mine wants to kill me sometimes

It sucks ass big-time, right?!? Part if why I exercise so vociferously now (considering how painful it is most of the time) is that I saw a snowball effect happening. Lack of mobility is a vicious cycle that leads to even more problems. I'm religious now about exercising and stretching daily, despite my situation. It seems to help slow down the snow-ball effect, but it is frustrating that I still have such big set-backs regardless.

The next round -- day 2 in the Flo N Gro:
nov_28_2.jpg

I plan on building one of these, is it easy to drain the whole system? I figure everything will spill out if you unhook the main bucket site

If I lied on my stomach with my back pain it would make it 100 times more painful. But everyone's back pain is different.
The only thing that works for me is laying on a flat floor and alternating a leg up on either a stool or supported by my other knee.. My left side is the worst, shoots down to my toes unless I flatten my spine.
Another thing that seems to help is lay on your side, and wedge yourself against the wall, it helps to straighten your back and relieve the tension.
I'm sure you've tried Celebrex. I've used it only when I have no other choice but to work. But I hate taking big pahrma meds. That's why I'm here!!!
Anything that warns, "may cause internal bleeding, and sudden death in some cases" doesn't really sit well with me.
Enter, MMJ...

I've tried everything I think. My left-side is always uncomfortable to lay on, too. I always need a pillow between my legs when I sleep on my sides, but for some reason laying on my stomach is the most comfortable position for my spine (not much else, 'specially my junk!). I've been working so hard to exercise and stretch to keep things from snowballing, but it's tough somedays. I've had some really bad experiences with some of the big pharma poison. I can't believe that they give away free samples of some of those things that are so highly addictive and filled with crazy horrible side-effects (they're not exaggerated warnings, I've been through many of them), unlike cannabis btw, and it's legal?!?! Sigh.

Sorry to hear you have some back issues, too. Hope it doesn't bother you much. Thanks for dropping by, Vick! :high-five:

I'm going for a Pineapple Express to Wonderland on my next grow X, very excited! :slide:

:yahoo: Another PE Grow! will be fun that you are growing one too.

I just saw your post that I missed from a few pages back in your journal about the taproots coming out the top, etc. I've had that happen, one thing I do to ensure it doesn't happen anymore, is I take and loosen up the hole with the backwards end of a cheap bic-style inkpen. I had one show me they can occasionally push themselves out if the hole isn't loosened up first a bit. It's important to put them in deep enough, too. I hope it all worked out okay when you fixed them. :thumb:

easy to drain the whole system? I figure everything will spill out if you unhook the main bucket site
This is simple: don't spas(stoner moment?) the control bucket, and a visqueen floor pan 'just in case'. X don't have no Ark, so he makes sure the hoses don't uncouple. He likes it all nice and tidy ;)

A $30 aquarium pump on a half inch hose can move all your water quick 'n easy. Humping buckets is for dummies like me :)

I plan on building one of these, is it easy to drain the whole system? I figure everything will spill out if you unhook the main bucket site

Short answer is no, it's not easy to drain the whole system, exactly. But, I typically only do it at the end of the grow. I clean the reservoir weekly (probably overkill, but I'm a bit OCD), but the buckets and brain bucket only get cleaned between grows normally.

In the pics, just to the right of the buckets is the brain bucket. It controls the levels in the buckets by using float valves that will stop the pumps when the water gets to a certain level. Separately, outside the tent there is a reservoir that has a pump in it also, and holds all of the nutrient solution aside from about 1" or so that's left in the bottom of the buckets in case of a power outage, etc. But I never typically try to drain out that 1" or so of water. As Gator mentions, it'll make a wet mess fast!

There have been a few occasions where I've emptied them mid grow (needed to re-arrange buckets due to culling a hermie or something). To first remove the inch or so of water that is always there, I first unplug the Flo N Gro to make sure nothing I do - or timers - triggers the pumps to come on while I'm working with it. Floods suck! Then, I use a wet-vac to suck out the remaining water from the bottom of the buckets, probably a couple of gallons at best. This allows me to unhook things and move them or clean the buckets if I need to (this is rare though that I do anything like that).

If you plan on making your own version or DIY'ing all or a part of this type of system, this might help a little (my system is partially DIY'd/customized). I purchased a 6 site upgrade kit, and a brain bucket. I then purchased my own hoses and pumps, made me own reservoir from a rubbermaid trash bin, and let her rip! I didn't save myself a ton of money (a little though) but I did manage to make it fit my needs better as I didn't need all 12 plant sites or their larger 55 gallon reservoir, etc.:

Titan Controls - Flo N Gro Review

X don't have no Ark...

Tell that to my system, which decided to leak on me all of the sudden... It certainly was making like a small pond in there for a bit. One of the fittings on the brain bucket wasn't making a complete seal with the grommet for some reason. I think it's fixed now, but yes, a floorpan of some sort is valuable back-up!

yes im expieriencing that snowballing effect now im not a nimble as i was just 3 months ago, the pills are adictive and the more i take blah blah i have to do something soon, fatigue in my legs after standing 5 min will just not do

That's exactly what gets me more than anything... my lower body always feels sooo fatigued. The flight of stairs to my bedroom makes me want to cry sometimes, I swear. It actually seems like a feat to climb 12 steps sometimes. Sigh. Going down them is a piece of cake. I swear I've tried everything to fix me, but nothing really works. The exercise has been great at limiting other issues though. No more bad cholesterol, no more getting winded walking a block, better blood pressure... and most importantly it's been a god-send mentally. I can look myself in the mirror to say that I'm doing my part and everything within my own control (that I know of) to get better. I've lost 40 lbs, which is a good thing - though I swear I have no clothes that fit anymore, lol. I hate hearing that other people can relate. I wouldn't wish this sort of thing on anyone.

I'm a big believer in this. And something else for me to admire you for my friend :love:

It sucks ass big-time, right?!? Part if why I exercise so vociferously now (considering how painful it is most of the time) is that I saw a snowball effect happening. Lack of mobility is a vicious cycle that leads to even more problems. I'm religious now about exercising and stretching daily, despite my situation. It seems to help slow down the snow-ball effect, but it is frustrating that I still have such big set-backs regardless.

X, my friend, I just want to wrap you up in fluffy warmth and take this pain away. No-one can truly relate to your pain because it is your pain, and you live with it every day. So I just want to offer you as much love and compassion as I can possibly muster, and then some more because you deserve it. I know there is little I can do for you, you are certainly someone who has worked hard to find the ways that best help your difficulties. I do wish I could do something though, and I hope that helps in some small way.

With all my love ... and make me do the running around for you today. I may have a wonky wing but it's mainly the mess between my ears that causes me problems. Other than a few creaks the rest of me works fine, so put me to work! What do you need first, then what do you want? I can make you a very special homemade hot chocolate with marshmallows and some saved Fluffy Fluffy Dust?

:circle-of-love:

That's exactly what gets me more than anything... my lower body always feels sooo fatigued. The flight of stairs to my bedroom makes me want to cry sometimes, I swear. It actually seems like a feat to climb 12 steps sometimes. Sigh. Going down them is a piece of cake. I swear I've tried everything to fix me, but nothing really works. The exercise has been great at limiting other issues though. No more bad cholesterol, no more getting winded walking a block, better blood pressure... and most importantly it's been a god-send mentally. I can look myself in the mirror to say that I'm doing my part and everything within my own control (that I know of) to get better. I've lost 40 lbs, which is a good thing - though I swear I have no clothes that fit anymore, lol. I hate hearing that other people can relate. I wouldn't wish this sort of thing on anyone.

Hey X im coming by to say thanks for the info on the dwc site. It seems like it would be alot of work and though I still dont understand how i will be able to move things around or even change the main bucket with out spilling out the rest of them unless i just set up separate sites that arent attached to each other. Im really trying to get back into hydro soon. but any who, waiting for the updates. Alot ive missed since the last one.

why cant you put a spicket on the resivour to drain it before you disconect it?
sorry I just hit a rather very large doobie of moonshine and now I cant remember why you called. who is this anyway?
yeah what they said:)

:laugh: can I share a lickle bit please Fishie? I'd let to get silly :Rasta:

why cant you put a spicket on the resivour to drain it before you disconect it?
sorry I just hit a rather very large doobie of moonshine and now I cant remember why you called. who is this anyway?
yeah what they said:)

Back
Top Bottom