Xlr8's Quest For The Best - 2012

i defo dont want my anal glands milked !!! sounds horrifying i dont blame the lil civi cat :rofl:

Yup, "leave-my-anal-glands-alone, thankyouverymuch!"

Hey everyone!

Had to take a day or two off - sorry to disappear. I got absolutely wiped out from cleaning up and resetting things after the last round. I'm still miserable, but able to get a little down-time.

I have a new group going in the Flo N Gro now: Vortex, Jilly Bean, Humboldt (CH9), Pineapple Express, and Pre-98 Bubba Kush. Due to poor planning, most of these are seedlings that will get sexed along the way, so I may end up with a plant or two getting pulled. I'd have rather thought ahead and had all these sexed already, and flowered clones instead... but limited space, time, and energy goofed me up a bit. So, these will be from seed except the PE which is a known female cutting. Humboldt and Bubba K are feminized also, so the Jilly B and Vortex are the unknowns. So far so good - they are already looking really happy in their new home. I'm going to try to get a little variety going with this one to see if I can find a good pain relief strain, and before I take a break from things for a bit. :)

I plan on wrapping this journal up soon, and will start another with the new plants soon after. I need to do a smoke/vape report here, and then will kick off something new. Hopefully, some time this week later. :)

Jack the Ripper bud pics as promised. JTR is a haze plant, nearly 100% sativa, so she has a little airier buds than I like, but... an amazing high honestly. This one is curing nicely and feels like heaven when I vape it. I really really like it. Smells like some sort of candy and lemons. I've missed this one, and am happy to have some more. I'm discontinuing this JTR pheno after this round, but have many more JTR seeds to play with in the future including the crosses I made. But, I'll be enjoying this last jar immensely. Yum!

nov_28_7.jpg

nov_28_4.jpg

nov_28_3.jpg

nov_28_6.jpg

nov_28_5.jpg

Finally, here are some of the veggers in DIY hydro veg unit. Super Lemon Haze, Chocolope, Pineapple Express, Deadhead Ripper, OG Ripper and a couple of duplicates for now (which will be replaced by the most promising of the plants currently in the Flo N Gro):
nov_28_1.jpg

The next round -- day 2 in the Flo N Gro:
nov_28_2.jpg

8, you grow the yummiest stuff :yummy: and so neatly. Hanging with Pineapple Express?

Perfumery is not all about celebrity buffoonery, but has deep organic roots.
Still, I'm sorry for evoking the cat's ass on your thread. I was rude.
Downside of the guilty pleasure that is keeping cats, the part about the box.
"Somebody has to do the stinkin box again, and the only one I see is the cat!"

Amazing looking nugs X!!
I too love how clean you're setup is. It's truly inspirational.
You could eat jello off that tent floor by the looks of it..

Yup, "leave-my-anal-glands-alone, thankyouverymuch!"
civit cat- whats up mr caretaker doode? got my chow? uh hey whats in the tray? wait what your gonna put what where?!!!! a few min later .... civit cat in fetal position- omg did that really just happen? i want my mommy.......

Hey BID -

I still have hope that it'll improve with curing. In fact it has quite a bit already. Wasn't good peaches at first, but it's getting better.

I don't mind the Chemdawg flavor, just in small doses. I like chemical smells too, though never got into sniffing gas or glue or anything like that. I do like the smells though. The little bit of flavor that the JTR added to the Deadhead was perfect. If you like that sort of diesel/chem taste, you'd probably really like "Lucy" which is what the Deadhead Ripper cross ended up tasting like to me. Chemmy/diesel with a bit of citrus, musk and sandlewood flavors mixed in. Might not sound it, but it's yummy!
sounds lovely, i never did any huffing lol but defo dig a good chemical odor now and again but im big into aroma therapy too i have a very good olfactory sense so smells are kinda my thing!

8, you grow the yummiest stuff :yummy: and so neatly. Hanging with Pineapple Express?

doode you had me rolling i have a vivid imagination i had 10 different skits worked out in my head in just a few min:thumb:
and a song " anal gland bum bum song"

Hey XL, how you been buddy?

Congrats on another deed done well! I can't wait for the next journal :)

Kind regards,
naphtali

You have an open invitation my darling :hug:

I sure hope you win and invite me to come visit! I wish I had more room, too. I'd like to do some real breeding at some point (badly). But, it'll have to wait for more space and different circumstances - hopefully someday. For now, the occasional simple cross here and there will have to suffice. :)

Ahem... X, would you please be able to help me? :helpsmilie:

I'm going back through my journal and putting together a printable booklet of all the useful information so I can readily access it and not always have to turn the laptop on.

You kindly linked to your light trap on one of my posts, but I cannot for the life of me find it. One suggestion please 420, can the links be in a colour that stands out? It's really hard to see within text.

I would like to look at making something like it at some point :blushsmile:

:thanks:

Agreed - but it needs to be bright blue or something to stand out... well for me anyway :)

The green of links is the only color I've seen them in. That's what tells me that it's a clickable link.

Thanks Gator, I appreciate that a ton. :thanks:

Yes, this cutting is from a different PE that seems a little perkier and I'm hoping it can hang better with this group size-wise and timing-wise. But... it's always dicey mixing so many strains. I just like variety a lot and am still looking for another really good keeper - a little more indica in nature.

Haha, no worries on the civit cat stuff. I have a cat, too, and she's always hanging around with me when I work with the plants. She kind of stays out of the way, but in the room and nearby - always watching with interest. She also really likes the smell of the plants I think - she has a catnip style reaction to them sometimes. So... she and I have that in common. ;)

Amazing looking nugs X!!
I too love how clean you're setup is. It's truly inspirational.
You could eat jello off that tent floor by the looks of it..

Thanks Vick! I must confess I'm pretty OCD about cleanliness most of the time. One thing that is constant torture for me is that I sometimes don't feel up to the effort of cleaning physically, but if things aren't clean and organized, I'm a mess mentally. Often a conundrum for me, honestly. :)

civit cat- whats up mr caretaker doode? got my chow? uh hey whats in the tray? wait what your gonna put what where?!!!! a few min later .... civit cat in fetal position- omg did that really just happen? i want my mommy.......

sounds lovely, i never did any huffing lol but defo dig a good chemical odor now and again but im big into aroma therapy too i have a very good olfactory sense so smells are kinda my thing!

doode you had me rolling i have a vivid imagination i had 10 different skits worked out in my head in just a few min:thumb:
and a song " anal gland bum bum song"

You crack me up BID! the civit cat in the fetal position gave me a good chuckle. I could really picture the poor cat huddled up... :rofl:

I like smells, too, and my wife is always cracking up at how I pick out the different smells in each strain "they smell like skunk and weed to me" she says, lol. (Sometimes I'll ask her to describe the smell/taste of something I've grown). Every once in a while, she'll notice something specific though. When I first gave her Super Lemon Haze, she agreed immediately that it tasted like "Lemonheads" candy, spot on.

Hey XL, how you been buddy?

Congrats on another deed done well! I can't wait for the next journal :)

Kind regards,
naphtali

Hi Naphtali - Thanks buddy!

I've been okay, feeling a little rough lately. Spent most of the day laying flat on my stomach as this was the only way I could get comfortable. But, I feel a bit better after doing so. It sucks, because if I arch my back up to use a laptop, watch tv, read a book, use phone, etc, it's not comfortable. So, I have to just lay there flat on my stomach and listen to music or something - or nap if I can. Sleep helps almost more than anything, but I can never seem to be comfortable enough to get the sleep I should. Another conundrum! But, I'm trying to stay positive through it all. Hope you are well - things good for you?

Thanks again - also for being part of my journal and the continued friendship. :high-five:

Ahem... X, would you please be able to help me? :helpsmilie:

I'm going back through my journal and putting together a printable booklet of all the useful information so I can readily access it and not always have to turn the laptop on.

You kindly linked to your light trap on one of my posts, but I cannot for the life of me find it. One suggestion please 420, can the links be in a colour that stands out? It's really hard to see within text.

I would like to look at making something like it at some point :blushsmile:

:thanks:

Hi Fluffster!

I think you are referring to Alaskan1's light trap perhaps. I very likely sent you or posted a link to it though. Here's a link that may help:

Alaskan1's Flo n Gro Mixed Bag Grow

lol yeah im a bit of a yukkster i love to laugh and make others laugh its good for us, sorry bout your back i have similar issues, heres something fun i get bouts of muscle spasams /charlie horses extremely painful they strike in my sleep and it feels like i got stabbed with a huge knife i wake up like a shot, trying to move so i can straighten it out but then 2 or 3 more in opposing muscles ,limbs etc i feel like im having some kind of fit /seizure it can go on for days no matter what im doing, i get em in my whole body toes fingers ribs , and sometimes it will hurt in the spots where i had them for days like i got hit really hard, its crazy! i have tried everything with limited success, the stuff our bodies do to us lol i think mine wants to kill me sometimes

If I lied on my stomach with my back pain it would make it 100 times more painful. But everyone's back pain is different.
The only thing that works for me is laying on a flat floor and alternating a leg up on either a stool or supported by my other knee.. My left side is the worst, shoots down to my toes unless I flatten my spine.
Another thing that seems to help is lay on your side, and wedge yourself against the wall, it helps to straighten your back and relieve the tension.
I'm sure you've tried Celebrex. I've used it only when I have no other choice but to work. But I hate taking big pahrma meds. That's why I'm here!!!
Anything that warns, "may cause internal bleeding, and sudden death in some cases" doesn't really sit well with me.
Enter, MMJ...

I'm going for a Pineapple Express to Wonderland on my next grow X, very excited! :slide:

Yes, this cutting is from a different PE that seems a little perkier....

Back
Top Bottom