Yarddog's WaterFarm - White Widow Grow

Re: Yarddog's Waterfarm-White Widow grow

Pics from last night 11/19/10

white_widow_070.jpg

white_widow_071.jpg

white_widow_069.jpg

white_widow_075.jpg

Cool tube is installed. Got it for a good deal locally, only down fall is it's 30" long vs the 19" one online. Luckily I had a hydrofarm all system cord set mogul that is adjustable. I was able to rig that to the cool tube so the bulb is damn near in the middle on the reflector. Kind of wishing I would have spent the extra on a Daystar AC but oh well.

white_widow_072.jpg

Thanks for looking all! :peace:

Wow looking great! This has to be one of the bushiest WW grows I have ever seen. Im hoping to get to grow WW soon. Ill be following you in this grow Yarddog35. Keep on keepin on!

Wow looking great! This has to be one of the bushiest WW grows I have ever seen. Im hoping to get to grow WW soon. Ill be following you in this grow Yarddog35. Keep on keepin on!

Thanks for the positivity eBUD! +rep :thumb:

NEW REFLECTOR! :yahoo:

white_widow_091.jpg

Much better reflection than the cool tube. I will admit the cool tube lives up to its name. It does run a little cooler that standard hoods.

white_widow_082.jpg

I think I caught the deficiency in time before the whole plant got affected. The leaves that looked bad are way worse now, but no new spots showing up.

Had her out of the tent for a ph check tonight so I took some update photos.
Bought 4 new air stones for the Waterfarm.
white_widow_083.jpg

Bubbles!!

Any stoners notice when I took the pic of the Daystar box it's the non-English side! :passitleft:

Thread continued in 5...4...3...2...1...

Day 29 of flower!

This is where it gets exciting! As much as I love the baby part of growing, nurturing, taking special care of the young one and it's first feeding. Half way through flowering is something special to me. You get a slight peek into the future.

Flower growth is steady and looking good. Trichome development is becoming true to this plants name. I've wrapped a tie string around her for now, weight of the branches is starting to become an issue. Fortunately she is leaning in a good way as far as even lighting across the canopy.

I've been trying to keep ph around 5.8-5.9. The last few ph adjustments I've went down to 5.5 due to the deficiency. I've read in a few articles lately where it is said to keep ph in the low 5's in hydro? Idk, I'll save that for another thread.

Sorry for the babble...my local co-op has some killer Blue Dream in.

The pics of my baby! :yummy:

white_widow_089.jpg

white_widow_090.jpg

white_widow_087.jpg

white_widow_086.jpg

white_widow_085.jpg

white_widow_088.jpg

white_widow_092.jpg

The root bundle. That tube is nasty, I need to clean it. Never see that angle, lol.
white_widow_084.jpg

Some clones that are coming around.
white_widow_093.jpg

Keeping my fingers crossed the next 36 days don't bring any surprises I can't handle!

:peace:

Day 38...

PH keeps rising on me, nothing too bad but gets into the 6.3-6.4 range. Been home a lot lately so it gives me time to adjust back to 5.9.

Bud growth is good and steady, they are getting very firm.

white_widow_095.jpg

white_widow_099.jpg

white_widow_098.jpg

white_widow_103.jpg

white_widow_105.jpg

white_widow_107.jpg

white_widow_108.jpg

white_widow_110.jpg

Yard your ladie looks beautiful. Glad to see you caught your deficiency quickly and avoided a bad situation. :blunt:
:goodluck: Don`t worrie Be happy my friend

:thanks:

Yard your ladie looks beautiful. Glad to see you caught your deficiency quickly and avoided a bad situation. :blunt:
:goodluck: Don`t worrie Be happy my friend

Thanks eBUD, much appreciated! The deficiency is still lingering around a little but growth is good.

Funny you say don't worry be happy...I was staring at her last night waiting for my PH reading thinking..."why do I worry so much about the little problems with growing, look at all these flowers!"

No worries my friend:passitleft:

What's up brother I read a lot ofgrow journals and wanted to say:thanks:for a great read and informative journal:welldone::goodjob: Those colas look gorgeous!!
BTW the ph in hydro should always stay between 5.5 and 6.2 a few tenths either way and nute lockout begins compounding every other issue. :goodjob: catching the Mg deficency when this happens the veins of the leaf usually remain green with the outer parts turning yellow and brown so much that it becomes clearly visible. Sometimes in hydro when the water gets low the PPM climb burning the plant with sometimes similar results. Also the root ball seems a little brown I was wondering if it is affected by the tube? Hydrogen Peroxide in the res will eliminate this problem and prevent root rot and other malicious bacteria but be careful only use 1/2 tsp per gallon slowly increasing to 1tsp per gal.

:goodluck:

+Rep

What's up brother I read a lot ofgrow journals and wanted to say:thanks:for a great read and informative journal:welldone::goodjob: Those colas look gorgeous!!
BTW the ph in hydro should always stay between 5.5 and 6.2 a few tenths either way and nute lockout begins compounding every other issue. :goodjob: catching the Mg deficency when this happens the veins of the leaf usually remain green with the outer parts turning yellow and brown so much that it becomes clearly visible. Sometimes in hydro when the water gets low the PPM climb burning the plant with sometimes similar results. Also the root ball seems a little brown I was wondering if it is affected by the tube? Hydrogen Peroxide in the res will eliminate this problem and prevent root rot and other malicious bacteria but be careful only use 1/2 tsp per gallon slowly increasing to 1tsp per gal.

:goodluck:

+Rep

Thanks Wingman 420! Very much appreciated my friend :thanks:

I wasn't as diligent as I should have been about checking my PH. It was rising to 6.6+ at some points in early flower. I am learning a lot this grow, and now know I will continue to learn with each new grow.
PH has been good with my monitoring. Set it at 5.6 or so, couple days it gets to 6.2 if I let it. I do a res change every three days right now. I like to keep things clean and not having a ppm meter leaves me in the dark after a few days.

I believe the roots color is from my nutes and especially the Subculture M (stuff is nasty).

Thanks again my friend! +rep to you for your positivity!

Thats how i feel too. Always taking a second reading for ph or ppm before i feel satisfied with my results. Your WW is looking incredible. She`s really filling out nicely.
I recently had a chance to try some Blue Dream also. That was some tasty smoke. It`s incredible what MJ breeders can do with selective breeding and hybridising. I LOVE HORTICULTUR and BOTANY! :popcorn:

Hey Yarddog, plants are looking lovely bro'! I've got a WW about the same flowering stage as yours, but not looking quite as heavy on the budz....what seedbank are yours? Keep up the good work! :peace:

What's up kalipot! Thanks a lot bro, appreciate it! This WW was a cutting I picked up from a local co op here in town. I'm happy with the bud growth. One thing I did use this time that may have helped it was AN's Bud Blood, can't say for sure since I don't have a side by side comparison of a non-blood bud fed plant.
Keep up the good work kali!

Thats how i feel too. Always taking a second reading for ph or ppm before i feel satisfied with my results. Your WW is looking incredible. She`s really filling out nicely.
I recently had a chance to try some Blue Dream also. That was some tasty smoke. It`s incredible what MJ breeders can do with selective breeding and hybridising. I LOVE HORTICULTUR and BOTANY! :popcorn:

Ah-yes Blue Dream is a great strain! Yeah I've definitely changed my routine as far as checking PH. I have noticed I need to give my meter a little time to get an accurate read. I used to think the reading after a minute was good...boy was I wrong! Yes my friend, growing is a love :passitleft:

Water change tonight. I will post updated pics then.

:peace:YD

the plant looks great regardless of any mistakes. :cheer: :)

The Blue dream is fantastic. :roorrip: :popcorn:

wow bro, ur plant looks really good. welldone. how many more days left?
like turttle says, that hygrozyme is really good, my kali really likes. and even better for hydr set ups, look into it, pretty expensive but its good. good luck mate

Back
Top Bottom