Yellow Leaves and Drooping?

Brianaan

I currently have three plants growing (2 indicas (star dawg and grape ape) , (headband) 1 sativa) with slow growth, drooping leaves and yellowing. Current temp is 82f, and 78% humidity. We think it could be nitrogen deficiency or over watering but just want to make sure before we add any nutes or anything like that. They were planted about a week ago and haven't grown at all. We have humidity domes on them currently for the past few days.
stardawg2.JPG
headband34.JPG
headband28.JPG
StarDawg.JPG
Headband28.JPG
Grape_Ape8.JPG

Hey Brianaan,

Welcome to :420: A truly wonderful community with shit tons of amazing growers who are always willing to lend a hand.

Why kind of medium are the planties in? What are they being fed? How often/when was the last time do/did you water? If your a feeding nutes are you PHing the water? What strength are you feeding? What is your water source(tap, RO, well,) If tap do you let th eater sit for a day before feeding it to the girls?

I don't think its over watering. I believe your leaves would most likely be a little wrinkly. From looking at the pictures, I would guess transplant stress or a deficiency of some kind. I'm not really sure though. I will ask around for ya and se if we can get you some help from someone who is truly knowledgeable :)

In the meantime, here is some knowledge you can gain for yourself! Hope it helps :)

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

And a picture guide to help you decide.
leavedeficiencies7.jpg

Let me know if you have any more question I can help you find answers to.

Feel free to check out my journal!

You should definitely start a grow journal. It makes it easy for people to follow along and help you when you are in need. It also gives you a nice record of the things you have learned.

Good luck with your plants!

These are clones put into soil a week ago? I'm not totally sure, but I think you don't want to dome anymore, i

Also, as far as watering, we only dampen the top of the soil with a spray bottle at a 6.5 pH.

I think they might be thirsty then.

I would give the soil a good watering until you get a little runoff. You're solid seems to have a good amount of perlite in it so I wouldn't worry about overwatering it. Just make sure you let the soil get dry before watering again. Jam your finger into to soil about as deep as your middle knuckle. If it's dry she needs water. If it's damp at all wait another day. :)

Why kind of medium are the planties in?
Organic Soil 70% soil, 30% perlite

What are they being fed?
We started off with blood meal, but heard that wasn't a good option. So we are using Fox Farm's Big Bloom and Grow Big. But just bought it today so haven't got to add any yet.

How often/when was the last time do/did you water?
We water when the soil is dry, however we have never soaked it where we saw water running out of the bottom

If your a feeding nutes are you PHing the water? the blood meal with ph of 6.5

Could it be that the plants are underwatered? We put the domes on them about 3 days ago because the Star Dawg started to droop tremendously because of the roots not growing into the soil. Tomorrow will be a week, should we water with nutes added tonight?

Are these plants clones? If not, no dome is required, especially in 78% RH. In fact, if you are able to, you should lower the RH down to about 60% to be ideal. Also, being a small plant, such a large pot might cause drainage problems in that there are not enough roots to drink up all that wetness, so you now only have gravity to wick the water away. 30% perlite is definitely helpful though. I really can't give too much more usable info as I'm a hydro grower and haven't been in the dirt in quite a few moons so I don't want to mislead you. Some concepts are universal, but some aint.

Not the cavalry, but yes drink drink drink....

No nutes. If you've got organic soil, there's more than enough there for this sized plant.

You said over watering, but the top of the pots don't look like that.

You have a mix of perlite and soil, ok, just checking for drainage like rocks in the bottom of the pot?

Dampening the top of the soil....ok this is underwatering. The entire media should be wet. And not just around the plant...mobilise the nutrients in the soil to the roots by watering....especially if they've eaten everything within range of the roots.

If you're worried about movement of soil when watering...hydrtoton balls, inch layer of sand or decorative pebbles...take your pick...that way you'll be able to water away, without worry about floating it all outta the pot.

Any deficiencies visable just may because if the roots aren't getting water and nutrients moved into contact with them, they're never gunna get em if the soil is dry.

Humidity I'd be tempted to bring down, but considering their condition, not until they're better.

My 2c give them a good drink first with PH water at room temp. Observe changes say at 2, 12, and 24 hours.

Welcome to 420! :)

how dry is that pot?
did you feel it dry before and fully watered after?
it does look a bit dry and if it doesn't get greener or perkier after watering add some nitrogen

i 2nd the advice to give them a proper watering then do not water again until they need it . When the pots lighting up noticeably then you should water , or do the finger test and then you water.

Remember don't under water them , its as bad as over watering them.

Also my advice is to keep the room temperature in the low to mid 70's and the humidity under 60% and over 40% if possible.

And feed them some of the nutrients you bought them , they will probably perk up in 2-4 days , less if they are really just thirsty but I suspect they are hungry as well , with the under watering they do not have much of a chance to eat / feed.

They will bounce back

Soaking just around the base of the plant will reduce root growth , you want the plant to send roots out searching for the moisture , soak the pot and let the plant drink / feed from all of the soil mix.

Your cannabis plants appear to be under watered. Place your finger 1"-2" into the soil and feel how moist it is. How long were the plants roots when you transplanted to soil? What size pots are you using? I would make sure your medium is thoroughly watered just until you see runoff liquid from the bottom of the pot. Your plants should not require humidity domes. You want from 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flower.

Sorry, Brianaan. All that went on during my beauty sleep. I'm with the troops - under-watering. (Makes a change to see that). Look forward to an update with better news.

Thanks for all the help, we watered all three until we saw runoff at the bottom, we will give an update tomorrow! :)

when soil is really dry the run off will happen quick , it just runs down the sides , makes sure they are soaked , lift the pot feel the weight , once you know roughly the weight dry and wet you will judge better when to water :)

Im with the others

underwatered---water them a little at first,to get the soil wet,wait 5 minutes then give it again,get 20% run off. if the soil is to dry it will run right through.

welcome to 420

Yerrrp, water the lasses.

I have read and learnt that droopy leaves with a firm stalk(that the leaves come off) means over-watering.
Droopy leaves with droopy stalks(I impressively see that in yours, highly respected to UNDERwater) means underwatering.

Please don't take my word for it but it looks like they are ready for an ultra-weak nute feed. It's always hard to tell, I was advised by Sphnx and he was bang on. A seasoned gent, he is..

-J.

Brian, to be honest with you there can be a case of under-watering going on but having a dome over plants that large can be suffocating them also. This can also be a factor in your droop. I think your first step should be a good nuteless watering of 6.5 PH adjusted water; letting them get soaked, not stopping at the first sight of run-off. They should spring right into action & then go slightly droopy again. Then you're on the right track. Once we get this taken care of we need to start addressing the nute issue.
If the plants refuse to drink the heavy watering then you more than likely have some type of lockout. On the other side of the equation, if they're drinking it can be a deficiency or an abundance of something that's causing the tips to decay. It takes quite awhile for leafs to get that look from under watering alone if they're not sitting in bone dryness. That's something that would happen fast with over watering & from the sound of it, that's not your issue.
Everything I'm suggesting is through trail & error. I've dealt with all 4 of these situations in the not so distant past. So let's start with just one of them using my suggestions and see what happens. I'm right here with you so let's deal with waking these babies up first & go from there.

Your in good hands here Brian. Solid advice from top notch growers here.

Take it slow, remember to stay calm and don't try changing to many variables all at once. Good place to start is the air circulation then progress to the watering issues. Immediately, when I started reading it was evident you have a hot moist room. Which requires solid air movement.

Keep your head up and stay medicated

Back
Top Bottom