20 Strains from Seed to Harvest

Growingnow

So here we go once again, had some technical issues with the beginning of my last grow and first grow journal so I shall start once again at the beginning and have you along for the ride. So I have grown in the past mainly with sunshine mix or the like, had a few run ins with dwc and experienced mild to good results. My current goal is to set up a nice grow with plenty of variety to allow me to have different smoke when I want it. I will be using a few different methods to achieve this. But for the beginning while establishing my mothers and future mothers I will be working with soiless mixes. Once the mothers have progressed into producing clones I will fill my flower space as quickly as possible using 2L single cola strait to flowers style. I will also have a six site dwc that will have the first 6 clones in it. My current set up is a 600 watt mh running in a 4 x 4 tent. Will add a second 600 and tent for flowering one month after receiving my seeds. Did set the first tent up and kept the temperatures in check but my humidity was main problem siting at 16%. So before we get running will add a humidifier. Sorry for the length of the initial post but seeing as I have almost 3 weeks to plan and organize I keep getting everything laid out so as to achieve the best possible results.

First Batch
Dinafem Sour Diesel Feminized 5 pack
Grand Daddy Purple
Green House Mix A

Second Batch
Green House Feminized seed Mix C & H & I
Dinafem's Collectors Mix # 5​
That gives me a total of 22 — 24 varieties depending on the spiff 5 pack freebies, and 85 seeds if my math is correct. Orders are broken up in two orders as well as including a ton of freebies from these two orders but everything should be a total of.
Week 1 seeds to germinate: 5 Grand Daddy Purple regular, 5 Sour Diesel Feminized, 5 of the Spiff freebies. 15 total 3 varieties
Week 2 seeds to germinate: 5 of the Spiff freebies feminized , 5 Kens Kush, and 4 Mk Ultra feminized 14 new seedlings and 3 new varieties
Week 3 seeds to germinate: 4 Mk Ultra Feminized, 8 Underdog OG feminized, 5 Spiff seed freebies feminized. 17 new seedling and 3 new varieties
Week 4 seeds to germinate: 5 Spiff seeds freebies, 2 Train Wreck, 2 Cheese, 4 Lemon Skunk, 2 The Church all feminized 15 seedlings and 5 new varieties
Week 5 seeds to germinate: 2 Great White Shark, 2 White Rhino, 2 Blue Fruit,2 Diesel, and 2 Industrial Plant, 2 Hawaiian Snow, all are feminized. 12 seedlings 6 varieties
Week 6 seeds to germinate: 6 Critical, 2 Hawaiian Snow, 1 Super Silver Haze, 1 Arjan's Strawberry Haze, 1 Big Bang, and 1 El Niño. 12 seedlings 6 new varieties

Hopefully with this germination schedule it should allow me to have the week one girls cloned and into flower by the time I have finished planting the last of my seeds.
Now with the freebies and the like that would give me
Feminized
5 Sour Diesel, 8 Th Seeds Mk Ultra, 8 Th Seeds Underdog OG, 20 Feminized Spliff Seeds (4 packs of 5) Ak Diesel , Blueberry, and Strawberry requested, 1 Arjan's Strawberry Haze, 2 Hawaiian Snow, 1 Super Silver Haze, 1 Big Bang, 1 El Niño, 2 Train Wreck, 2 Cheese, 3 Lemon Skunk,2 The Church,2 Great White Shark,2 White Rhino, 2 Blue Fruit, 2 Diesel, 2 Industrial Plant
Regular
5 Grand Daddy Purp , 5 Ken's Kush, 6 Critical

Will update once a week or sooner when I have received the seeds. So I really hope to be seeing you soon once my beans have arrived they will have a nice little home ready for them.

As far as nutrients go will be running the full advanced nutrients line for flower and a combo for the vegetative stage as well. Will be running at ¼ strength to start with and slowly making my way up to hopefully full strength. The most important component left for me as far as nutrients go will be to get a R/O filter and I will need a meter for my ppm as I already have a ph tester. Also from past experiences will stock up on Ph down.

Lighting cycle I plan to use a 12 hour on 5.5 hours off 1 on 5.5 off as this seems to get fantastic results and cuts down on electricity enough so that I am thinking of how to use my 400 hps that had been my light. Currently envisioning a very small flower chamber that will hold males and any females I decide to breed for seed stock. With three lamps 2 600 watts and 1 400 watt this would be the schedule of lights on and off with a cost of 20.4 Kilowatts used or 78 dollars at 13 cents a kilowatt hour. The cost for two 600 watts running one 12/12 and one 18/6 then the cost would be 69 dollars at 13 cents a kilowatt hour. So by bumping to the GLR routine it would only cost 10 dollars more per 30 days but add a separate 400 watt flowering tent. Giving me a total of 1000 flowering watts.

The grow will start slow and vamp up to a significant size grow hopefully producing at the minimum of 1 gram per watt per 9 — 10 week period.

Current DIY projects on the table are
30+ site cloner much like the ones featured here
Small Aeroponic set up 4 — 6 sites
DWC 5 gallon standalone buckets
And a 2L army
A small cabinet for my 400 watt for my proud dads to spread their seed.

If I like the aero set up then I would like to build a larger one that will work in my current 4 x 4 tent. Have to play around with it to see how I like it.

I have the tent and pics incoming but have also C.A.D. my tent and its just as good looking as an empty tent at the moment. Kinda of excited of the prospect of the beginning of my search for good genetics.
Grow_Tent_1.png

Re: 600 watt Multi Strains from Seed Order to Harvest

Yes sir lots of forethought went into the intro and still left out pages of info but couldn't get my windows work table that I made off excel to load up that has every strait broken down when I am planting, vegging, cloning, flowering, and harvest. Also have one for the line of advanced nutrients that I am running and if I ever figure out how to get them to load correctly I will post them. It's been almost a day since I ordered my first round of genetics and have another one left to place and possible a third if they change up the freebies offered as I would like to be able to have around 20 variants to choose my top 7 to grow.

Got confirmation on my seed order at 9:40 this morning. So hopefully within 5 - 10 business days I should be seeing the first of my genetics arrive. Thirteen days now from second seed order. At the same time I will pick up my humidifier and water filter. Genetics are eating up a lot of the $$, but without good genetics all else is in vain. Next on the list is humidifier and ro water. Second tent and light are just a few weeks away. I am beginning to build up my 2L army as well. I have the grow room drawn out with two tents in it.
Grow_Room_Layout_with_Res.jpg
This one would be the mother tent once I have established my genetics using 5 gallon sunshine mix for my mothers and a smaller possibly a dwc set up for clones to grow in before hitting their 2L homes as I am currently planning on allowing for 21 days in the clone process.
Mother_Tent_Set_Up_Picture_1.png

This was an idea I was toying with to do a DWC set-up for most the grow space and a filler in the middle possibly a dual dwc system as I get my #'s down on varieties I should be able to dial in for the plants themselves a bit better.
Floor_Layout_with_Dwc_Buckets_1.png

Like I said I am using the full line of Advance Nutrients as their scientific side really appeals to me not afraid to spend a little extra for something that has been researched extensively. I use a syringe to measure all the additives and base nutrients as there are quite a few different enhancers to add.

For Grow I am using
Sensi Grow A
Sensi Grow B
B - 52
VooDoo Juice
Piranah
Tarantula

For Flowering I am using
Connoisseur A
Connoisseur B
VooDoo Juice
Big Bud
B-52
Overdrive
Piranha
Bud Candy
Final Phase
Tarantula
Nirvana
Seniszym
Bud Ignitor
Rhino Skin
Bud Factor X

Unfortuantly I am unable to load my tables up to show the feeding schedule but it is the same one on their website as far as quanties go. I purchased these from ebay as buying the full liters sets seemed daunting fiscally so I went with this option as you can get 8 oz sizes in different quantities and should not cost much more the $300 for a 8 week veg and 8 - 9 week flower of a medium nature.
0807131709c.jpg

0807131709a.jpg

0807131709.jpg

I know not the clearest of images but I really like them I also have sterile sizors and tweezers from a surgical suture removal kit. You can also see the three thermometers I use.

Lol thanks a lot I just downloaded a free one called sketch up and played around with it. I could prob have done some better if I watched a video or read something but its just putting what I am doing or will be doing down onto paper so to speak letting me see things from a new dimension literally. Cant wait on my seeds first round should be here soon, and second round to order counting down the days.

Got confirmation on which free seeds I should receive from my order
2 TH Seeds MK Ultra (feminized)
3 Critical
5 Blueberry (spiff) (feminized)
5 Kens Kush

was expecting 2 5 packs of the spiff seeds and 4 MK Ultra and 4 Underdog OG but looks like I will have to settle for 15 free seeds. All in all not bad but this puts me behind by 2 varieties.

So you only have 20 instead of 22 variety now? :lot-o-toke: Haha - that is too bad man. Sorry to hear that.

I've got a second order for seeds arriving shortly myself. I hope to add 7 new varieties! I wish I had 20 like yourself. Someday ...

Never fear I am researching my next two orders one is only 11 days away and second and final seed order in 27. So new orders are going to be
Green House Feminized Mix H and I
Spliff Seeds Strawberry

Second Order is
Dinafem mix #5
Green House Feminized Mix C
Spliff Seeds Ak Feminized

This adds a few more varieties and some different freebies so having to re do my calendar but should still have over 22 varieties which gives me 15+ to not like and 7 to love.

Nice mate, cool CAD drawings. That's a lot of seeds, wicked varieties. Definitely put your build up though, that will be really interesting

A whole whack of plants I know very little about... SUBBED! Wanna see Mk Ultra and the Dinafems :)

Exaust_Box_3.png
Exaust_Box_2.png
Exaust_Box.png
So as you can tell so far I like to plan ahead on my grows and thinking of where I live in the summers it hits 100 for many days in a row. So heat is always a problem and typical A/C is expensive every time that it is running. So I am thinking of getting a box made that will hold my two lamp exit air and using a fan to blow the hot air from their exits through a chiller that can be set inline thus cooling the air which is being vented back into the same room. Also will be getting a really strong portable a/c unit that I will vent through the attic. I think this would help to keep the grow room itself cooler requiring less air conditioning and hopefully cutting a few $$. But the main goal would be to keep the temps needed to optimize my grow. Still in the planning sections but heres what I have so far.

Exaust_Box_3.png
Exaust_Box_2.png
Exaust_Box.png
So as you can tell so far I like to plan ahead on my grows and thinking of where I live in the summers it hits 100 for many days in a row. So heat is always a problem and typical A/C is expensive every time that it is running. So I am thinking of getting a box made that will hold my two lamp exit air and using a fan to blow the hot air from their exits through a chiller that can be set inline thus cooling the air which is being vented back into the same room. Also will be getting a really strong portable a/c unit that I will vent through the attic. I think this would help to keep the grow room itself cooler requiring less air conditioning and hopefully cutting a few $$. But the main goal would be to keep the temps needed to optimize my grow. Still in the planning sections but heres what I have so far.
In the past 2 years I had to calibrate 4 grow rooms for myself and I tried to judge from my conditions in my area and discovered every place is different even thought he climate might be the same... I need a device that the gods allow me to use that provides cold and heat all in one... I need the AC heat exchange :( lol <3 your specs btw n it looks like you will have far less trouble shooting than I ever encountered hahaha good for you!

So week one has come and gone since placing my order and now am just anticipating my first order of seeds and am only a week from placing second order and a bit over two weeks on third order. As long as the freebies stay the same with the current order plan is going to put me at 75 seeds and only 16 of those are not feminized. I anticipate my first seeds to arrive this week and to begin my germination schedule on the 20th – 27th of this month. With more than 20 varieties I have to schedule everything and keep meticulous records of what is where and plan out what is needed. I still have to add a second 600 watt lamp, tent, and build dual cloners that will hold 30 clones each. I choose the 30 because I have found 2” neoprene collars in 5 separate colors and they are sold in 30 packs and the multi colors will make keeping track a lot easier. Good news is the 2L army is beginning to take shape, about to have enough to start as I have 15 ready and another 85 to make but I can only drink so fast. So thanks for being along for the ride so far and it should get real interesting really quick as by the end of this month should have 12 varieties up and running and plenty more to follow on my search for genetics.

Upcoming
August 20th will place second seed order as well as order parts for my DIY cloners
Sept 5th will place final seed order and get humidifier
Sept 20th will order second light and RO filter
Oct 5th will order second tent as well as EC meter
Oct 20th will get a portable A/C to replace my window unit

You will have to forgive some restatements of information but as my freebe options and order change a bit I have to reconfigure my calendar as with 25 varieties I need to be as organized as possible so placing some info on paper as it changes. Just finished my updated calendar as I am trying to plan out the entire life cycle of all my plants ahead of time to make sure I have what is needed as the grow grows.

Not concerned so to speak of but aware of the issues it causes running HPS with the heat I like using HPS I just have to manage the heat from environment and from the lamp. Just thinking out loud as if I added a fan at the end of the exit to help pull more air out and recycle the hot air through a cooler to get rid of the major heat source and help the lamps to run even cooler allowing them to be closer to plants and increasing their lumens as the lumens go down dramatically as you get further away from the bub so the closer I can get the better chance I give my girls.

Back
Top Bottom