20 Strains from Seed to Harvest

Re: 600 watt Multi Strains from Seed Order to Harvest

So happy and sad received my seeds today and not one of the 10 free seeds that they advertised was received. I did get the order quickly so that's a bonus but not getting the free seeds was a blow no the less. Sucks when u plan around getting a certain seed and u don't receive it especially since I have spent almost 250 pounds on seeds from sensible seeds.

Email them and let them know. Most seed companies will bend over backwards for their clients.

I received and email back from them to say that they are sending them out. I suck at germination my first 13 only 1 sprouted however I choose the worst looking seeds of the bunch. I have 5 grand daddy purples working right now and 4 have broken ground and one has fallen over and will probably die tomorrow and hoping the 5th pops tomorrow. Just glad I still have 45+ seeds to germinate.

Don't get down on yourself right away. It is very possible that some of the seeds you sprouted just had bad genetics. You will be surprised how different each seed behaves.

My first attempt at germination resulted in 10/12 popping out of the shell, but only 9/12 made it through the dirt. Of those 9, only 8 survived to show their first set of true leaves. 5/8 are now thriving and doing really well, while the other three are struggling still 8 weeks into veg (one was dropped - no fault of its own).

How are you going about germinating? What is your process?

No part of the problem was extreme amount of heat and possibly poor genetics but I think the main problem is heat and humidity. The ac I am starting with is a simple window unit with no thermostat but I am getting a thermostat / timer this check so I can control the temps better but still going to need to add a second or possible third humidifier to get the humidity up to the lv that it needs to be.

The problem I am currently trying to figure out is my seedlings pop go above ground then after 1 - 2 days of growth the stem bends and being as delicate as they are they wilt and die. They are in a 14 " humidity dome so they are not getting bumped or having any sort of external problems so the problems must be do to heat or lack of humidity, however I doubt that humidity is the problem. So stuck in a holding pattern with 40+ seeds waiting to get gemmated. Next order is but a few days away and at that point I will have close to 70+ beans to plant and well over 20 varieties but it is paramount that I have my seedling issue solved as I don't have a lot of chances to get it right and it must be perfect. So if anyone has any advice or can help then let me know.

My next step is going to be to try and get a large quantity of cheap bag seed to play with and test out my gemmating on these before going back to planting the girls I want to grow. So in holding pattern for the next week or so while I wait on the thermostat / timer. Then I will have the temps under control 24 / 7. Next would be the humidity I got a 1 gallon cool air humidifier and it was able to bring the room up a whole wopping 8% it went from 16 to 22%. As I right this we have had 5 days over 102% and I don't live in a desert I don't understand how the humidity is so high outside yet inside it runs at 16%.

So things to look forward to is I should receive my free seeds that were left out of last order and place my final seed order as well as get a few new toys.

Current Seeds to get planted

5 AK feminsed
5 Strawberry Feminized
5 Sour Diesel Feminized
15Green House Feminized Seed Mix A + H + I
1 Mk Ultra Feminsed
1 Thc Underdawg OG Feminsed
5 Grand Daddy Purple

The seedlings falling over and dying sounds to me like damping off - this is caused by too high humidity and/or too wet a medium. It's caused by the same fungi that causes root rot.

You don't need a humidity dome with seedlings, only cuttings (because cuttings don't have any roots you need a very high humidity to slow transpiration and prevent wilting, but the seedlings have roots so transpiration isn't a problem). Try not putting them under a dome and having a fan to create air movement, which will also strengthen the stems of the seedlings.

That's kind of my thought process to green as the fan would increase stem strength don't know why I wanted to dome the seedlings other then worried about them drying out as im working 15 hours days and with our extreme heat. But the next round of seeds I am going to work on the mediums and dome and lack of dome. I will take 30 bag seeds and split them up to run some different test to try and get the results desired as I don't want to waste any of my "good" seeds. I have 20+ varieties but only 1 - 5 of each of the seeds so its necessary that I get as close to 100% success rate on my seedlings.

So not so funny story got my free seeds today and one of the bags was empty so happy that most of my free seeds arrived but a little bummed that they still left one out. They did send me a free t shirt but who is gonna grow and wear a seed bank shirt around.

So before the next order this is what I have for geneitics and like I said I have to work on my germination before I start up these babies as I don't have a lot of each and I want as many as I can to have to best chance to survive.
5 Fem Sour D
5 Grand Daddy Purple
5 Fem Spiff Strawberry
5 Fem Spiff AK
3 Fem Spliff Snow White

All of these 15 are Fem Green House Seed Mix A, H,& I
1 Arjan's Strawberry Haze
2 The Church
3 Lemon Skunk
2 Great White Shark
1 Hawaiian Snow
1 White Rhino
2 Train Wreck
2 Green House Cheese
1 El Nino

Green House Single Freebies
1 Doctor
1 Big Bang
1 Super Lemon Haze
1 Trainwreck
1 Jack Herer

THC Seeds Fems
2 Mk Ultra
1 Underdawg

Dinafem Seeds Collectors Mix#5 Feminized 1 50 45.00
Greenhouse - Sativa/Indica Mix C Feminised 1 45 40.50
Spliff Seeds Blue Berry Feminized (GOLD) 1 26 23.40
Spliff Seeds Bubblegun Regular (Silver) 1 12.5 11.25
Spliff Seeds AK Regular (Silver) 1 12.5 11.25
Shipping Total: 9.95
Tax Total: 0.00
Order Total: 141.35
So about 230$ damn I wish the dollar was stronger against the pound but this is my third and hopefully for a very long time my last seed order. This is my third order with sensible seed bank and the first one took 10 days from order the second 7 but was missing freebies and freebies were resent minus one empty bag and placed third order and now waiting on it. They promised to send missing freebie and gave me 10% off this order. This will bring my total to close to 90 premium beans with a nice selection of varieties. I believe it is almost 27 varieties.

Now the next process fixing the humidity and have the ability to better control my temps in the grow room. Then I have to stop sucking at germinating so I don't waste my 70 beans. And I will be adding two more tents to the grow room for three grow tents the current is a 600watt 4x4 tent. Adding a second 4x4 and thinking about playing around with a LED lamp in that one and the mother keeper tent which I will either use my 400 watt or get a t5 4' set up. And of course drinking the crap out of 2L for my 2L clone army for perpetual grow.

So a lot to look forward to and it may be a slow start but once I get rolling this is gonna get to be big fast.
So this should bring me up to the following #'s and Varieties​
7 Fem Sour D
5 Grand Daddy Purple
5 Fem Spiff Strawberry
5 Fem Spiff AK
6 Fem Spliff Snow White
5 Fem Blueberry
5 AK not fem
5 Bubble Gum
2 Fem Blue Plant
2 Fem Industrial Plant
3 Critical

All of these 20 are Fem Green House Seed Mix A, C, H,& I

1 Arjan's Strawberry Haze
2 The Church
5 Lemon Skunk
2 Great White Shark
3 Hawaiian Snow
3 White Rhino
2 Train Wreck
2 Green House Cheese
1 El Nino
2 Super Silver Haze

Green House Single Freebies
2 Doctor
3 Big Bang
2 Super Lemon Haze
2 Trainwreck
2 Jack Herer

THC Seeds Fems
3 Mk Ultra
3 Underdawg

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

So picked up a water filter and another humidifier and a new thermometer and humidity meter. My humidity is 40% higher then what I thought so doesn't look like this is going to be a problem as normal humidity is sitting in the 60% range. Should be less then 12 days from getting my tempture control and last order of seeds. Then I will be ready to start the germation process with my 90 beans and with my bad luck at germinating and seedlings I figure to lose close to 30% so that still gonna leave me close to 60 babies. Its starting to get exciting and I don't even have anything above ground yet. But I have been known to take out my beans and just stare at them knowing whats in the future.

I went ahead and planted the snow white 3 ladies as they didn't look to be that great of quality of seeds and they were freebies and have 3 more inc in less then a week so if those take will have a few girls above ground. Will probably do the strawberry and ak this week as well. I am not a patient person so just waiting to get the seeds going is killing me but trying to do this right and not half assed so as to get the best results possible. Lots and lots of planning before the seeds break ground and then breaking down any problems as they arise. I tell you this in 6 months this grow is going to be absolute ridiculous in variety and size.

Ya my first major problem with sitting down and dreaming up the grow of grows was genetics and with the volume of seeds and varieties that I have I have taken care of that problem. Next was humidity and temp and I have the temp solution in two weeks and the humidity is well in hand now that I have two humidifiers for a 11'x11' room that I am staging the grow tents in. Next was lighting which I upgraded from my 400 watt that I had used several grows previously to a new 600 watt digital ballast. Now its just in the holding process of getting two more tents and lights and that's just a paycheck thing as I take my dro money and every bit of extra I can get and buy buy buy. Having spent well over 500$ in genetics + tent + advanced nutrients full line + well u get the point. The money upfront is worth it to me as it will save me money in the long run and the long run isn't to far away. All totaled together I have spent about $1200 on the set up and will spend close to that amount as I finish but with the ability to run 3 4'x4' tents and 1200 watts of flower power should repay itself quickly. So now that I have light, humidity, genetics, taken care of its time to get growing very soon.

My largest concern is how bad I suck at germinating and that I am going to lose a lot of my 90 beans along the way. Even if I only get 25% success rate that's going to leave me with 20+ but I want them all to live as watching one die or not sprout or one of the many hundred of other ways you can lose a seedling is heartbreaking to see.

Also done lots of research and looked at other grows and I love the Ice Chest DWC and the 2L army set up I think with the volume of varieties that I am doing I will be limited more to the 2L army but as I can get copious amounts of the coolers every year for free and the amazing results that he gets from them has made those to be quite tempting method + I would like to get my plant #'s down on of these days once I have selected my fav 7 - 8 varieties to grow.

As far as seedlings go I had started soaking 3 fem snow whites yesterday and today went I went to go place em in a paper towel 2 out of 3 had tails so I went ahead and planted them into the starter plugs. Fingers crossed should have 2 breaking ground in the next 3 days. Went ahead and soaked 3 strawberry as well leaving myself 2 seeds for back up on them. So if all goes well this week we should start to have some life in the garden finally. Still not done getting it set up perfectly but getting damn close.
:Namaste::peace:

So came home today and the first lady has broken ground say hello to the world lady snow white. So waiting on the other two of those. Also have 3 strawberry planted and waiting to break ground and will be planting the 3 Ak's tonight since they have had 24 hour soak in but a few hours. Trying to decide if I should hold off to make sure that my seedlings are looking good or if I should plant the lemon skunk or grand daddy purple or sour diesel.

Re: 600 Watt Multi Strains from Seed Order to Harvest

So I broke down and got 8 different seeds soaking now the green house seed mix looks cool in the cups I know the pic wont show it but they remind me of the coloring of Easter eggs.
1 Arjan's Strawberry Haze 1 El Niño
3 Sour Diesel 2 Train Wreck
3 Lemon Skunk 1 Great White Shark
2 The Church 2 Green House's The Cheese
14239.jpg

A few of the 5 girls breaking ground
13263.jpg

12364.jpg

So currently have 2 snow whites above ground 2 Strawberry and 1 ak about to pop out. Have 3 Grand Daddy Purples going into the ground today after the 24 hour soak. Will get 3 sour diesel into the soak tonight. This will be fifth day of my soak three routine. So have 10 seeds working to break ground and the 5 that have broken ground + the 15 seeds that I began soaking tonight. This gives me 30 seeds working and 12 varieties, still leaving me 60 seeds and 15 varieties to get going. Gonna have a lot of plants and more variety then I can think of.

So got my third order from serious seeds in today. Holy shit did they hook it up for the missing one freebee from the last order after not sending the freebee. So I ordered 5 fem blueberry, 5 ak, 5 bubblegum, greenhouse mix C 10 pack, Dinafem mix #5, and this would have gotten me 3 snow whites + big bang, super lemon haze, jack herer, train wreck, doctor, and 3 criticals. They did mess up and I paid for 5 fem blueberry and got 5 regular blueberry but I got everything else that was supposed to be there. Plus I got a 10% discount for the order so feeling good about that. Open it up and lay it all out I got a shirt + 5 sourmnesia + 1 Fem Babylon + 1 La Diva + 1 Fem Royal Highness +5 Jack - Fi + 5 Super skunk. So got an additional 18 seeds so not really to upset over the screw up on the regular blueberry and in fact I would recommend using them as this is my third order with them the longest taking 10 days from order the shortest was 7 days to order. They always have good freebees and no such thing as a bad free seed. So a few hiccups when dealing with them but overall I would gladly support them and use them again.

Now on the babies we are up to 6 above ground now and 24 that should be above ground in the next 3 - 4 days. Next step will be to figure out what to plant next as I still have to get that list of what's not planted together after this last order came in. So all in all I think I am over the 100 seed mark and past 25 varieties in my search for 7 - 8 really nice varieties that produce the type of smoke I like.

Glad to hear they made your order right.

Try not to get too down on the ones you lost. You can always clone the lower nodes of your plants which produce crappy nugs usually anyways. A few weeks before switching to flowering I took clones of the bottom two nodes from each of my plants and now I have an entire army that I'm unsure I even have room for.

So 17 beans above ground now and 9 more could and should pop over the next two days or so all in all the first round is looking good and picking out round two to start the soak on tomorrow. Will get some crappy pics up very soon just tired as hell from work and getting the final touches on the grow set up now that I have babies to take care of.

2 snow white above ground and 1 appears to not going to break ground
2 strawberry above ground and 1 appears to not going to break ground
2 Ak's and 1 mutated seed that didn't survive
2 Grand Daddy Purple and one waiting to break ground
1 Sour Diesel and 2 waiting to break ground
2 Train Wreck above ground
1 The Church above ground 1 waiting to break ground
2 Great White Sharks waiting to break ground
2 The Cheese waiting to break ground
1 El Niño above ground
1 Arjan's Strawberry Haze waiting to break ground
3 Lemon Skunk above ground

To tired to put up my list of seeds to choose from the second round of seedlings but I'm thinking blueberry and sour amnesia as well as the Hawaiian snow. I'm sure I will throw in a few more varieties as well.

:high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five::thumb:

So I think I got the list together

2 snow white above ground and 1 appears to not going to break ground
2 strawberry above ground and 1 appears to not going to break ground
2 Ak's and 1 mutated seed that didn't survive
2 Grand Daddy Purple and one waiting to break ground
1 Sour Diesel and 2 waiting to break ground
2 Train Wreck above ground
1 The Church above ground 1 waiting to break ground
2 Great White Sharks waiting to break ground
2 The Cheese waiting to break ground
1 El Niño above ground
1 Arjan's Strawberry Haze waiting to break ground
3 Lemon Skunk above ground

To be PLANTED​
5 Sour Amnesia
1 Royal Highness Fem
3 Snow White Fem
5 Blueberry
5 Ak
5 Bubblegum
2 Industrial Plant Fem
2 Blue Fruit Fem
5 Super Skunk
5 Jack - Fi
4 Sour Diesel Fem
1 La Diva Fem
1 Flash Fem
3 Criticals
3 Super Lemon Haze Fem
3 Trainwreck Fem
2 Underdawg Fem
3 Mk Ultra Fem
4 Big Bang Fem
2 The Doctor
2 Jack Herer
2 Super Silver Haze Fem
2 White Rhino Fem
3 Hawaii Snow Fem
2 Lemon Skunk Fem
2 Ak Fem
2 Grand Daddy Purple
2 Strawberry Fem

So close to 28 varieties and 78 beans left to plant we have a long way yet to go and things are going to be growing quickly. From the list to be planted I am going to get soaking today and planted this weekend. So by next Tuesday or Wednesday I should have these ladies above ground to add to what I currently have.
3 Blueberry
3 Bubble Gum
2 Hawaiian Snow
1 La Diva
1 Royal Highness
1 Flash
2 Industrial Plant
3 Underdawg
2 Mk Ultra
2 Super Silver Haze

Back
Top Bottom