Genetics: 100% Indica
Stage: Veg (4 weeks)
Medium: Hydro
Light: 200 watt LED
Air cooling: 1 6" fan fresh air intake in bottom of cabinet
Temperature of cabinet: night - 22, day - 29
RH: unknown
PH: unknown - using organics
Nutrients: Botanicare Pureblend, Metabolic Grow, 1.0-0.5-1.0 & Metabolic Bloom, 0.5-0.5-1.0

I wanted to grow 1 plant for personal use. I realize I spent a fair bit of money on this, but I may do this a few times a year.

Germinated in soaked rock wool. Seedling emerged at day 3.

Day 9, seedling measures 4cm.

day9.png

Day 19, seedling has grown rapidly, increased nutrients to 30 ml per gallon.

Day 26, growth has been rapid, looks healthy, brand new 4th node.

day26.png

All feedback welcome.

Thanks,
m

Re: Mykl's Tiny "solo" Stealth Hydro, Blue Cheese, '13

I wanted to mention that this is my first grow ever. I spent about 2 months lurking here in the journals to mentally prepare and can't thank you all enough.

So far, it's been a lot of fun. I can't believe how slow she was in the first 2 1/2 weeks... then, it was an EXPLOSION of excitement over the last 7 or 8 days... amazing.

This is a totally stealth grow, so I'm a little worried about the smell that might begin in a few more weeks... that's part of the reason I'm going with 1 plant at a time.

Also, at about the 2 week point, I tried a CO2 bomb in the cabinet (you can see it in the top right corner of the second picture in my first post. It's a 500 ml water bottle with 1/2 cup of sugar, 1tsp of yeast, and 1 cup of water. The mixture starts to make fizz-- like it's carbonated, and as long as it fizzes when I shake it, I assume it's putting out CO2. I wonder if this helped to kick the growing up a notch at that point...

Thanks again everyone.

mykl

re: Mykl's Tiny "Solo" Hydro - Blue Cheese '13

Here's day 32. I just switched to 12/12 light, and the Botanica Pureblend Metabolic Bloom, 0.5-0.5-1.0. I don't want the plant to grow a lot bigger-- I understand it may double in height now during the blooming phase and it's already smelling really noticeably (but deliciously) in my garage, from within it's cabinet.

As I've never done this before, haven't even seen a live plant before, can anyone tell me if it looks ok?-- I tried to get close for more detail so I realize it's hard to judge the scale... it's about 12 cm tall. It seems really dense and lush to me. Is that a good thing?-- I read in the Jorge Cervantes book that many successful growers never prune. But I HAVE tried super-cropping the top main growth.

Day-32.png

Thank you in advance for any insight or comments.

Mykl

your plant is looking good. suppercroping is done for 1 reasons to limit vertical height and level the canopy to the same level. by suppercroping the plant focuses its energy to the canopy instead of one dominant top and the other branches are given the same amount of light. your plant is still too small to suppercrop now.

Thanks for that King John. So do you think it's premature then to also cycle it to 12/12 and the Bloom nutrients?-- I thought the 4 week mark was the right time for this strain.

m

a plant is kept in vegetative growth for many reasons. you have not mentioned the height you have available for your plant to grow, a plant will double or triple in height on average. if you have 6' of height to work with i would keep your plant in vegetative growth until it is 1.5' to 2' tall then flip to flowering and transition to flowering nutrients, that should give you a good size harvest.

Hi all.

Day 37. There's a little bit of yellowing on one of the leaves near the top left in this photograph... may have been a little heavy on the nutrients. Using the Bloom product now, with lights at 12/12 as I don't want this to get too big. I can't believe how thick and bushy she is, but the information page for this strain on Barney's farm says "The plant grows short and stocky with strong side branches of resin-filled buds. The effect is powerful, stony and comforting."

day37.png

I'm really impressed with this LED Light. It seems to be more than enough for this little plant and throws almost no heat.

So it would seem that I've got about 6 weeks from now until it's getting near to harvest... does that make sense?

m

Here's a picture of my grow cabinet. I may need to raise the lowest shelf (above the reflective material) 10 or 20 cm if the plant grows significantly taller, but I still have about 10 cm in which I can simply raise the LED light first. You can see the exhaust fan in the lower left corner-- it draws in air from beneath the cabinet and the air is exhausted out the gaps in the sides of the cabinet.

That's a small hepa filter on the left, which I'm hoping will reduce the smell somewhat-- I may have to find a charcoal filter to add to it.

day38a.png

Day 44.

It's been 16 days since I switched to 12/12 light and to the Bloom nutrients.

I'm not seeing ANY sign of flowering, but the plant has gotten incredibly bushy-- must be the genetics. The image below is a little confusing the way I placed the tape measure, but it's about 12" from the top of the growing medium to the top of the canopy.

I've been bending the growth so that it reaches outward a little more, so if I'd left it alone, it would probably be nearly 18" tall.

I've noticed some of the leaves at the very bottom, deep beneath the canopy, have been drying out so I've pruned those off.

I spoke to the guy at my local hydro shop and he suggested bumping up the potassium in the nutrients a little so I purchased some Awesome Blossoms (2-11-11). Can anyone validate that this might help to speed up the flowering?

Thanks...

day44.png

how many millilitres per gallon are you currently feeding and of what? too high of nitrogen during flowering can retard bud formation. Awesome Blossoms (2-11-11) sounds like a typical bloom formula.

I started with

Botanicare Pureblend, Metabolic Grow, 1.0-0.5-1.0

and switched 16 days ago to

Botanicare, Metabolic Bloom, 0.5-0.5-1.0

In both cases, I was using 3 ml / gallon.

In the case of the Awesome Blossom, I was thinking I'd just replace 1 ml of the Metabolic Bloom with 1 ml of Awesome Blossoms.

Thoughts?

m

Re: Mykl's Tiny "Solo" Hydro - Blue Cheese '13

Day 54. Yay!!

Day54.png

Progressing nicely. She's going through a gallon of water in about 4 days... is that normal? And there are a couple the large leaves that are a little brown-- perhaps they got too close to the LED light?-- or is it more likely that it's nutrient burn?

Can't believe how busy she is.

m

I should add that I reduced the light to 11 hours on, 13 hours off 2 nights ago and BOOM... sign of gender as in the picture above.

m

i do not see any nutrient burn in your photograph above, it is most likely from light burn but i would have to see some photographs to be sure. my La Confidential is using about 1 gallon of nutrients every 3 days now, have a look the link is in my signature.

Day 63.

I had to go away for one week, so I loaded the hydro vessel as full as I could with water and hoped for the best. When I left, there were a couple of very small blossoms starting, and when I returned yesterday, there are blossoms all over the place-- I counted 20 to 30 and there are probably more beneath what I could see.

Day63.png

Back
Top Bottom