Outragedplutos 1st Big Boy TLO Organic Grow

Outragedpluto

Hey everyone, im back!!! :) It feels great to be able to get back on here and start growing and sharing my experience.

Well i have had a busy time off from growing. I work at a golf club so its a little hard for me to take the time to grow in the summer. But i was still hard at work studying and acquiring some very needed upgrades. I have also been doing a lot of studying of TLO growing. I think im ready to tackle this and get more than 10 grams of bud lol.

Well here we go

Here is a look at my new tent. it is an Agromax small tent. 22x36x63 It went up really nice. I was able to put it up my self in about 20 min.
IMG_237413.jpg
IMG_23787.jpg

Here is my new 400w Ipower HPS/MH light.
IMG_237510.jpg

And i have a 6" Growbright inline fan.
IMG_237710.jpg

Here is how i have my fan set up
IMG_23798.JPG

And this is what im going to change my fan to. The way that i have it setup now is just dumping light out onto our bed.
IMG_23806.JPG

Are both of these setups workable??

Well that is all for the setup. I will be back to give everyone a the info on strains and what not.

Thank you for stopping by!!!:Namaste::peace::thanks:

Alright here is part 2 of my set up.

The basic soil that i am using is Fox farm happy frog for seedlings and Fox Farm ocean forest for the rest of the time. i am going to do some organic nute spikes and layering when i transfer the seedlings to there final home. When i need to use nutes with watering i will be making teas. i have two different strains, Cherry AK47 x Alien Kush, and Bubble n' Squeak. I put them in cheesecloth for germination and it took 36 hours for them to pop. planted them on the 19th and they both sprouted on the 21st. its nice that they are the same age. i do not plan on topping them. i want to try and achieve a big ass cola!!

Here is the Bubble n' Squeak. This was purchased from SOG seeds.
IMG_23846.jpg

Here is the Cherry AK47 x Alien Kush. This was bred by a friend of mine.
IMG_238510.jpg

After running the tent for few days at 18/6 light schedule my temps are right around 75 with lights on and humidity is 40%. Im not sure what the night time temps and humidity is. im usually asleep during those 6 hours. I have the ladies about 12 inches from the glass of the hood. i did the hand test and that was about the money spot. I didnt like the low humidity so i went to shop for some humidifier that would work in such a small area. and the i came across this little guy. i was amazed and its like the Growing Gods were looking down a pawn me.
IMG_23877.jpg
IMG_23889.jpg

i have it set up now and going to run some tests with is to see how it works. if it does well i got it from Menards for $20. It is rated for 105 sq ft and .5 GPD. hope it works because this little thing could help soooooo many other growers!!!

Alright i think that gets everyone up to speed with what i have going on. thank you everyone for stopping by my journal. any suggestions are welcome!!!

Peace everyone. Keep it green!!!:Namaste:

Hey I have the same agromax tent just a larger size and will be adding a few more as time goes along but those are about the same stats I run with temps being that low don't be afraid to pick up a warm air humidifier those cool ones don't seem to get the job done mine is twice your size at 1 gal per day and it alone does very little got a cheap vicks vapor one from walmart and it did more noticeable bringing up the humidity and not adding much as far as temps go.

Hey I have the same agromax tent just a larger size and will be adding a few more as time goes along but those are about the same stats I run with temps being that low don't be afraid to pick up a warm air humidifier those cool ones don't seem to get the job done mine is twice your size at 1 gal per day and it alone does very little got a cheap vicks vapor one from walmart and it did more noticeable bringing up the humidity and not adding much as far as temps go.
Hey thanks man for the advice!!! I'll see how this goes and maybe upgrade down the road. I'm open for adjustments. I'm really liking this tent. I have read on some other forums about the agromax gassing off. Have you had any problems with this. I haven't noticed any smells of anything with mine. I hope this was a old problem!!

hello everyone and here i am for a little update on the little ladies!!! This would be Day 7 since they sprouted from the soil. They are looking pretty healthy!!! I hate how slow seedling growth is, it seems to take forever for things to get going lol. But none the less i see small differences every day and it is starting to pick up pace :)

Here are some pictures of the ladies
P1060590.JPG

And here is little bubbles
P1060592.JPG

And here is Alien AK47
P1060591.JPG

So far I am really liking my new setup. The only thing i am trying to figure out is how to filter some of the light out the exhaust with out restricting to much air flow. Right now the exhaust light is just dumping into our room and is a little annoying. Also are there any devices that reduce the sound from the fans exhaust. It is a sorta cheap inline fan. It says on the box that is not rated for use with charcoal air scrubbers. I probably would have been better off spending a little more money on a fan filter combo that would probably take care of both problems i mentioned. But live and learn right??? lol

Well that is all for tonight everyone. Have a great rest of your evening!!

Keep it Green!!!:tokin::roorrip::Rasta::thanks::peacetwo::ganjamon::thumb::bigtoke:

So i would like to make a correction to a previous post. I mentioned i got the Bubble n' Squeak from SOG. I was mistaken, it is KOS (Kingdom Organic Seeds). Stoner moment!!!!! lol

The girls look about the same as yesterday. I may put some pictures up later if i get bored. I think i am going to get my final pots ready for transplant. I have to mix the soil still.

Thanks everyone for stopping by!!! Keep it Green!!!!

And here we are, at day 9 into the Ladies life's. Today i noticed that they are starting to push vertical. Its amazing watching these plants go through each stage of growth. Mother nature is a truly magnificent beauty!!! My system is seeming to be running very smoothly. The only thing I am trying to figure out is how to mount my fan a little higher in my tent so it blows down on the canopy. I think i have also decided that I am going to do a Scrog grow. I want to be able to get the most product at a time since I am not able to do a perpetual grow. I am also looking at maybe getting some autos so i can have harvest in between harvest ;) But For now all i have are these lol.

Well enough chit chat and more pictures :D :D

Here we have the Ladies together.
P1060594.JPG

Here is Little Bubbles, she is definitely the stronger one of the two.
P1060596.JPG

And here is Alien Ak47, she is looking strong just not as big.
P1060595.JPG

Here are my Daytime stats
P1060597.JPG

And Nighttime
P1060598.JPG

Well I am tired and High as hell!!! My buddy just got back from cannabis cup in Colorado and he had some of the Pooty Tang wax and it has rocked my sox off!!!!!! The best tasting wax i have ever had!!!

Thank you everyone for stopping by!! Keep it Green!!!! :Namaste::smokin:

Just got caught up, lookin great so far! Welcome to the small tent club! I have a Secret Jardin DR60 which is roughly the same as you. For the light coming out of the exhaust I would put something flat at an angle to at least angle the light away towards the wall, maybe they have some cool fabric at the store that would let air through but little light...hmmm. I have my exhaust fan above my tent wrapped in an old sweatshirt to muffle the noise lol, works pretty good. Can't wait to see how these strains turn out! Happy growing bro, I'm along for the ride!
:bravo:

p.s. +Reps!

~ I like the 2nd set up for the light exhaust better, putting the fan behind the heat will save wear and tear on it. Instead of pulling the heat through the fan when it's up and running. Nice set up you have... also, does your ballast get hot sitting on the carpet like that?~

I am subb'd Pluto...best of luck and happy growing my friend ... :Namaste:

Just got caught up, lookin great so far! Welcome to the small tent club! I have a Secret Jardin DR60 which is roughly the same as you. For the light coming out of the exhaust I would put something flat at an angle to at least angle the light away towards the wall, maybe they have some cool fabric at the store that would let air through but little light...hmmm. I have my exhaust fan above my tent wrapped in an old sweatshirt to muffle the noise lol, works pretty good. Can't wait to see how these strains turn out! Happy growing bro, I'm along for the ride!
:bravo:

p.s. +Reps!

Thanks bud for stopping by and glad to have you along. As for the light issue i was having i just installed a chimney on the output of the fan. Works pretty well!!!
P1060600.JPG

~ I like the 2nd set up for the light exhaust better, putting the fan behind the heat will save wear and tear on it. Instead of pulling the heat through the fan when it's up and running. Nice set up you have... also, does your ballast get hot sitting on the carpet like that?~

I am subb'd Pluto...best of luck and happy growing my friend ... :Namaste:

Thanks MS for joining me in my grow!!! Thank you for the advice on the fan. I am going to keep it the way it is for now just for the fact there is a wall on the other side of the ten and i unfortunately do not have enough room to go out the top. My light is just a wee to big to have is going out the top :)

And here is the day 11 update. Everything is going great. Growth rate has definitely increased. I think i might transplant soon into her final pot. Im a fan of doing it earlier than later. Ill probably finish this week out in the solo cups. I have 1 gallon air-pots to transplant into. Using the fox farm ocean forest. Well enough chit chat for tonight. Here are some Pics!!!

Here is Bubbles
P1060603.JPG
P1060604.JPG

And here is Alien Ak47
P1060605.JPG
P1060602.JPG

And a look at them together.
P1060601.JPG

And that is todays update!!! Nothing to exciting yet. It will get interesting once she is fully out of seedling mode. Thank you everyone for reading!!

Keep it green!!!!!

:Namaste::thumb::thanks:

so I came across your post in mcloadies journal and thought id check it out
guess im subbed :thumb:

so I came across your post in mcloadies journal and thought id check it out guess im subbed :thumb:
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the ride!!!!

Chronic Weekend to you Pluto :thumb:
Thanks man!! It should be a great weekend. Got some Cali nugs last night!!! Super dense and frosty!!! Nice euphoric high.

Keep it green everyone. I'll have an update tonight.

- I agree with you Pluto on limiting the transplanting. You always here about stepping up in size containers makes the plant grow better
all the way around or whatever... But transplanting is the most stress you can put on your plants... I have been starting my plants now in their final container ( 6 gallons ) and haven't thought about it since. ( However, please keep me posted on the AIR POTS. I have heard so many great things about them, with air pruning and such. Have fun with those Cali nugs of joy this weekend -- peace :headbanger:

Hello everyone and welcome to the big 2 week update. Everything seems to be doing ok. The Alien Ak47 is looking a little sad and sickly but she never looked the strongest to begin with. And little Bubbles is very healthy and growing fast. Same soil mix, water, light, area, air, etc. Im think either weak genes since this is a home made strain, or moil soil is to strong for the particular strain. You can see in the pics kinda looks like nute burn on some leaves and nute deficiency on others. Im not worrying to much about it yet. I will be transplanting tomorrow and hopefully things clear up. If anyone has any ideas about what may be wrong with her please chime in. Bubbles on the other hand is growing fast and strong. Her stem is starting to look more like a mature stem and not a little seedling. Has some rigidity to it. Well that is enough chit chat and on to the pics!!!

Here is Alien Ak47. You can see in the close ups the messed up leaves.
P1060607.JPG
P1060608.JPG
P1060609.JPG
P1060613.JPG
P1060614.JPG

And here is Bubbles. Nice and big and strong!!!
P1060612.JPG
P10606111.JPG
P1060610.JPG

And the ladies together.
P1060606.JPG

Well that is all for the 2 week update. I will be on tomorrow after the transplant to give that update.

Thank you everyone for stopping by. :thanks::Namaste:

Keep It Green

Alrighty then, It has been to long since i have updated. I was going to do it on Monday after the transplant but was to tired. And then my week has just flown by. So lets get right to it!!!

Here are some pictures of my transplant. It was done on Day 15. I was by myself so it was hard to get alot of pictures but this will give you an idea of what went down. As i said earlier in my journal that i was going to be doing spikes for my nutrients instead of liquid nutes. Well i wasnt able to get all of the ingredients to make my own spikes but i found the next best. These Jobes OMRI organic spikes are perfect for what we cannabis growers need!!! I took the recomended dose and crushed it up. Then i mixed it with perlite at a 1:2 ratio of spike:perlite. Here are the mixtures.

Veg Mixture
P1060619.JPG

Flower mixture.
P1060620.JPG

Now i put both spikes in about 2 inches from the root ball after transplant.
Here are some other pictures from the transplant.
P1060621.JPG

Bubbles Roots.
P1060622.JPG

Here they are all done. Definitely looking stressed :(
P1060624.JPG

P1060623.JPG
P1060625.JPG

And here they are at day 16, one day after transplant.
P1060627.JPG
P1060626.JPG

Day 18- I did a little LST to Bubbles. I forgot to take a picture of them yesterday when i was doing it.

Day 19 (today)- Good morning everyone!!! And here are the little ladies this morning. Bubbles is taking the LST very nicely and already turning towards the light :).

Bubbles
P10606301.JPG
P1060631.JPG
P1060632.JPG

And Alien Ak47.
P1060633.JPG
P1060634.JPG

I want to top Alien. Is it to early to top???? Is there a better time of the day to top?? I just take the newest set of leaves off the top???

Thank you every one for stopping by!!! I really appreciate you guys and this website!! I would not be able to grow and help others grow with such confidence with out this site!!!! Thank you :420:

Everyone have a great Friday! T.G.I.F.

Nice setup and girls you have there! I'd love to follow along.:):peace:
Thank you flower child for following. It's nice having other growers at the same stage follow. Able to compare growth rate and what not

Back
Top Bottom