Outragedplutos 2015 Auto Grow

Good evening all. Hope you all are having groovy evening :hippy: So over the last few days i have noticed a little problem starting to occur. It started out looking like nute burn and now is looking more like a deficiency of some sorts. I have scoured my books and re read a lot of things and i think it may be magnesium. The way the leaf is turning brown on the edges and getting crispy and dead. Moves from the edge in. Only effecting the older leaves on the lower part of the plant. The entire top of the plant and new growth look awesome. No sign of a problem. I only use distilled water. I have only used one tea in her life. So that means i have only used CalMag once. :morenutes:

Please let me know what you think!!
P1070754.JPG

P1070755.JPG

P1070756.JPG

P1070761.JPG

P10707621.JPG

Here are some picture of her in full.
P10707571.JPG

P10707581.JPG

P1070760.JPG

Thank you every one for any help!! Have a great night!:peacetwo::thanks::green_heart:

I have the same issue with a girl raised on water only - but I am 8 weeks into 12/12, so I'm going to let it ride. For your sake, I hope someone knows :)
Thanks for the response. I am going to feed her some calmag tonight and see how it goes. Also with the way her leave are droopy I think she is sensitive to the SWICK and all the water. Not sure. I have her off the SWICK currently drying for a good soaking with calmag tonight.

Thanks again Radogast for stopping by. Hopefully I'll get some one else to chime in.

try calmag. i found out that if you dont add just a touch to the plants they seem to be in stress alot. least all plants i have they all get little in water 1-2 times a month. all it takes. but it seems to help plants . but again i use FF dirt. its probably easiest to use

So i have been doing some serious research today trying to figure out my problem. I have a buddy who grows TLO and i talked to him some. It is definitely a salt build up problem. Not magnesium. Also i learned that CalMAg is harmful to your soil life, even if it is Organic. Screws with there eco system. And the droopy leaves are signs of the salt build up, messes with the turgidity of the cells.

So to remedy this issue i have, i picked up some Gypsum. The calcium will benefit the plant while the sulfur binds with the salts making them not harmful. I added 2 tbs to a gallon of water and let soak and dissolve. Top dressed my pot with 1 tbs. After letting the water sit i watered the topdressing in. The pictures i have posted of the white ring forming around the bottom of my pot was the pre sign of this problem occurring. Those stains are salt stains. And if there is enough salt in your soil to leave a stain, then it is going to be negative to the plant.

I also have learned today that a lot i have learned in The Revs book has actually led me down this negative road. I now see why is LOS you don't use manure compost right in your pot, WAY to much salt!! So with that being said i will be doing a lot more studying on clackamas LOS style and just received in the mail Teaming With Nutrients. I will get to studying and hopefully avoid these all together in the future.

And one more thing. I have figured out a "negative" with SWICK system. It is really not in the SWICK system itself but if you use the system with a high salt soil, than you are going to run in to these problems. If you have a saltier soil and watering from the top, those salts get washed away. Not so with SWICK. Those salts stay where they are and cause damage. Things to ponder when changing things in your grow!!!

Thanks for stopping by everyone. Hopefully she bounces back and we see some changes in the next few days.
Peace out :peacetwo::thanks::green_heart:

So i have been doing some serious research today trying to figure out my problem. I have a buddy who grows TLO and i talked to him some. It is definitely a salt build up problem. Not magnesium. Also i learned that CalMAg is harmful to your soil life, even if it is Organic. Screws with there eco system. And the droopy leaves are signs of the salt build up, messes with the turgidity of the cells.

So to remedy this issue i have, i picked up some Gypsum. The calcium will benefit the plant while the sulfur binds with the salts making them not harmful. I added 2 tbs to a gallon of water and let soak and dissolve. Top dressed my pot with 1 tbs. After letting the water sit i watered the topdressing in. The pictures i have posted of the white ring forming around the bottom of my pot was the pre sign of this problem occurring. Those stains are salt stains. And if there is enough salt in your soil to leave a stain, then it is going to be negative to the plant.

I also have learned today that a lot i have learned in The Revs book has actually led me down this negative road. I now see why is LOS you don't use manure compost right in your pot, WAY to much salt!! So with that being said i will be doing a lot more studying on clackamas LOS style and just received in the mail Teaming With Nutrients. I will get to studying and hopefully avoid these all together in the future.

And one more thing. I have figured out a "negative" with SWICK system. It is really not in the SWICK system itself but if you use the system with a high salt soil, than you are going to run in to these problems. If you have a saltier soil and watering from the top, those salts get washed away. Not so with SWICK. Those salts stay where they are and cause damage. Things to ponder when changing things in your grow!!!

Thanks for stopping by everyone. Hopefully she bounces back and we see some changes in the next few days.
Peace out :peacetwo::thanks::green_heart:

What you ssaid there makes total sense.

I can't swear from personal experience it is all true, but I can't find any fault with your logic.

Whatever the cause, washing a couple of 5 gallon buckets of good water through the soil will be a good thing.

Hey man, great journal so far! I'm sorry to hear of the current troubles, but it seems like you've got it going back in the right direction. I cant wait to see what this strain can do. I'm sub'd from here on out.

Hey looks swift and good over here. I have had the EXACT problem with my grow. (Purple Maroc and California Orange in ffoc w 300wt LED.) I did a run off pH test. Whoah. 4.0!! No wonder P.M. had only pre flowers. I have been using cal mag in a misting each day and I guess that's heavy handed huh? I flushed heavily the fed w composted salmon and liquid iron to pH up this grow room party. P maroc is flowering now so perhaps a pH issue is running amok in your grow? Def going to order the strain because it looks killer.

Hey there everyone!!!! Today is day 46 for my little lady. I use the term little lightly because she is not small. She is starting to bounce back from her salt lock up. Her leaves are finally pointing upwards, not droopy like they were. She had actually paused flowering for a few days, but i have noticed she started back up, pushing out new calyx every day!! Still have some leaves turning on the bottom, but i think that is just residual damage that will stop eventually....hopefully. The gypsum treatment i gave her really boosted her. Finding out how to battle salt build up with out flushing is a big key here. The sulfur ties up the salts in my soil so they dont hurt my plant. And added calcium always helps!! I will be adding some molasses here soon to give her a boost of magnesium, with out using CalMag. As i have read the book teaming with nutrients, i have been learning that my TLO method is not what i thought it was. It is missing key factors, that are now killing my plant. One being that CalMag can have a negative affect on your soil life. Who would have thunk. This is where the argument of "organic" gardening and "Living Soil" gardening. Just because the Label says 100% Organic, doesn't mean it is good for your soil life, too much of a good thing can really f things up.

Any ways, here are some pictures of the lady this morning.
P10707751.JPG

P10707631.JPG

P1070765.JPG

P10707672.JPG

P10707681.JPG

P1070770.JPG

P1070772.JPG

P10707731.JPG

P10707691.JPG

She is a very incredible strain. I can tell she has very stable genes. Her growth is so uniform it is kinda scary. She is as tall as she is wide, both 22 inches. Great plant to grow, very easy (except when the user makes errors ;) ) and looks like she will be a great producer!!!

And since it was my birthday back at the begining of July, i decided to get myself a little present!!!:party::)
P1070776.JPG

P10707771.JPG

So if anyone has any great recipes, please share. I am for sure wanting to make some E-liquid for a vape pen. So if you know how, please share!!!

Thank you everyone for stopping by!! Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Hey man, great journal so far! I'm sorry to hear of the current troubles, but it seems like you've got it going back in the right direction. I cant wait to see what this strain can do. I'm sub'd from here on out.
Hey bud great to have you around. It is funny we have both been on here for a few years and had no idea!!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Hey looks swift and good over here. I have had the EXACT problem with my grow. (Purple Maroc and California Orange in ffoc w 300wt LED.) I did a run off pH test. Whoah. 4.0!! No wonder P.M. had only pre flowers. I have been using cal mag in a misting each day and I guess that's heavy handed huh? I flushed heavily the fed w composted salmon and liquid iron to pH up this grow room party. P maroc is flowering now so perhaps a pH issue is running amok in your grow? Def going to order the strain because it looks killer.
Thanks for the compliments. Yea the salt issue was a bit of a pain, but luckily i have some great friends around here to help me figure it out. I have not checked the Ph, prolly should but not to worried about it. Once the salt is tied up, things should balance back out. I may go and get a simple Ph kit to run some tests if the problem persists past the weekend. But for now she looks like she is on her way out of troubled waters!! Thanks for stopping by! Good to have more peeps looking in :)

I can't swear from personal experience it is all true, but I can't find any fault with your logic.

Whatever the cause, washing a couple of 5 gallon buckets of good water through the soil will be a good thing.

I am kinda shying away from flushing. To much water can have just as negative effects on the grow as what my problem is now. But I have taken the plant of the SWICK and have been watering from the top. I water just enough to get a little run off to slowly to rinse out some of the salts. Thanks for being around Radogast, your advice is always welcome :)

If you really need to give her a good hardcore flush with something phed water i had a few problems with salt build and flushed the hell out of her and now she's fine it can't hurt her just won't need to water for a few days. Mines is in a 10l pot and i gave her 8l of ph 5.8 water and now she's fine. ;) good job man she looks pretty bushy gonna be a nice harvest:thumb:

P10707681.JPG

P1070770.JPG

P1070772.JPG

She is a very incredible strain. I can tell she has very stable genes. Her growth is so uniform it is kinda scary. She is as tall as she is wide, both 22 inches. Great plant to grow, very easy (except when the user makes errors ;) ) and looks like she will be a great producer!!!

Nice to see her from a distance. I forgot how full and bud-i-full she is!

Looks like you will have some work for your Magical Butter machine in September!

I have read there is a good tincture recipe shipped with your Magical Butter machine.

A comment here you might read More on Magical Butter

I just did an easy glycerin tincture on my thread (Radogast 2 in my signature - skip back one page for step-by-step.)

I don't know how strong the tincture effects are since this was a trial run without a real recipe using leaves from a plant that showed male in the flower room.

I like how food grade vegetable glycerine(VG) is EASY to clean up and a pleasant taste.
There are some 99% VG e-cig liquids, so I plan to vape test as soon as the new vape and tank arrive in the mail.

I have read there is a good tincture recipe shipped with your Magical Butter machine.

A comment here you might read More on Magical Butter

I just did an easy glycerin tincture on my thread (Radogast 2 in my signature - skip back one page for step-by-step.)

I don't know how strong the tincture effects are since this was a trial run without a real recipe using leaves from a plant that showed male in the flower room.

I like how food grade vegetable glycerine(VG) is EASY to clean up and a pleasant taste.
There are some 99% VG e-cig liquids, so I plan to vape test as soon as the new vape and tank arrive in the mail.

Thanks Radogast, i used the recipe from the MB instruction book. Turned out awesome!!! Super strong taste with a pleasant high. Not over powering but it is definitly there. My next batch of stuffs will be more potent, I want something that will knock my ass out lol. My next plan is to make some cannaoil and make some super borwnies :)

It is Grapefruit Ice Tincture.
P1070782.JPG

Howdy everyone!!!! We have made it to day 53, or week 7 and a half. She has really been struggling with multiple issues over the last week. Between it being so a damn hot and humid in my area, to her soil being salty, and me forgetting to water one day, im surprised she still even wants to do this trip ;) But i think we have it all tuned up and she is back to doing her thing. Since i had the salt issue, which led to a PH issue, which led me to flush her, which led me to let her dry and forget to water, which led me to here were she is doing great lol. I have definetely learned a lot on this grow. Especially with autos, they are very picky indeed. Any slight hicup and pow, she is sick. I think i am very lucky to have a auto strain that is wanting to grow lol. This Magnum is something else, her structure is awesome, she is HUGE for an auto and being messed up on, and she smells amazing as well!!!!!

Well off to some pictures!!!

First thing this morning, she is getting close to that light,
P1070784.JPG

So i pulled the rack out and she is right on the floor now. I hope she does not stretch to much more, i may have an issue :bitingnails:
P10707891.JPG

Some nice shots of her out of the tent!! She is 27 inches from the soil to her top!!!!
P1070785.JPG

P1070787.JPG

P1070786.JPG

Here are the leaves that got affected last week, luckily it has stayed at the lower regions of the plant and has not moved up the plant.
P1070788.JPG

I did one ph reading and it was about 7.5 (hard to tell, i have a crappy ph solution) also may have taken from a highly bacterial zone such as a spike and that would give me a high ph. She is definetly doing better now so im not going to worry to much at the moment. My next big watering will be with another flower tea, re populate the soil from all this mayhem she has been through.

Well thank you all for stopping by!!!!! Hope you all have an awesome day :)

:thanks::green_heart::peacetwo::Namaste:

Here we have a partial pictorial of me making some strawberry canna candy with the tincture i made. I say partial because i had some tincture in my coffee before making these, and i got to stoned to remember to keep taking picture teehee!!!!!

Unpacking the Magical Butter2
P10707772.JPG

Grapefruit Ice after being decarbed in the oven
P1070778.JPG

Vegetable glycerin and bud ready to get cooking.
P1070779.JPG

I actually did the 8 hrs for this tincture not 4 hours. I changed my mind last minute lol
P1070781.JPG

And my Sugar, water, corn syrup boiling for the candy.
P1070783.JPG

And this is where i got stoned lol. I boiled the candy syrup until it reached 300 degrees, at which point i removed it from the stove and mixed in the strawberry flavoring, red food coloring, and 2 ounces of tincture. I then poured onto a parchment paper lined cookie tray and let cool. The taste is phenomenal!!!! Delicious strawberry with a nice weed spice lol. The only issue i ran into with this is i did it on a very humid day, like 85%, and come to figure out you are not supposed to make hard crack candy on humid or rainy days. It looks like its ok, but then you try and eat it and it is the stickiest, most tacky candy ever. Like cement your teeth together hahaha!!! So if you just let it sit on your tongue and dissolve your good, just don't let is touch your teeth lol. Live and learn. I will not be making candy again until winter comes around and the humidity drops a lot. Oils and butters will be my summer treats lol.

Thank you all for stopping by and have a good one!!!!

Make since totally. I haven't had a salt issue . (Knock on wood). Hope I don't if that hard to find it.

Make since totally. I haven't had a salt issue . (Knock on wood). Hope I don't if that hard to find it.

Just stay away from compost manure. If you have to use it be very limiting with it. Or if you can feed the compost to your worms and have them break it down into not salty form. That is were I made my mistake. Even though the horse manure was 3 years composted it still was super high in salts.

Back
Top Bottom