First Indoor Grow With Deadhead OG - Kandy Kush & Tahoe OG

IslandDog

Hello everyone! This will be my first grow journal. I'm a little late getting started but I think I'm getting to the really fun part now anyway. ;)

Let me tell you a little about what I'm using...
(2) Deadhead OG, a Kandy Kush and a Tahoe OG all from Bonza Seeds.
Doggett & Simpson Growology 3-Step Fertilizer
Gardner & Bloome Planting Mix (all natural composted stuff, peat moss, castings, chicken manure, bat guano & Kelp meal)
LED lighting - (1) 405W panel, (1) 135W UFO, (2) 50W UFO

This is my new closet setup and where all the fun will be happening!
DSCN8773-1.jpg

I soaked 4 seeds for 12 hrs before planting them in the mix with the Growlogy Step 1. After a few days all 4 seeds popped.
11252013.JPG

After a few days something didn't seem right with one of the seedlings. It broke to the top of the soil but that was it, it just didn't grow any further. I soaked another seed and got it planted... This one will be a few days behind the others but it should be ok.
11292013.jpg

By the time 1 week had passed I transplant the seedlings because the roots started growing out of the bottom.
12022013_1.jpg

At 2 weeks old the plants were looking good. During their second week I started using the Growolgy Step 2 fertilizer at 1/4 strength.
12092013.JPG

By 3 weeks old they had to be transplanted again. The root system on these babies is just incredible. At the end of their 3rd week I was up to using the Step 2 fertilizer at full strength. All the plants were topped during the 3rd week too.
12162013.JPG

At 4 weeks old all I can say is WOW!
12232013.JPG

Re: First Indoor grow with Deadhead OG, Kandy Kush and Tahoe OG

At 5 weeks old on 12/30 we went into 12/12 lighting. They are about 12" tall now with tons of branches! I switched to the Growology Step 3 today too.
12302013_1.JPG

What I'm calling Deadhead OG #1 at 5 weeks old
12302013_DOG1.JPG

My Deadhead OG #2 at 5 weeks old
12302013_DOG2.JPG

The Kandy Kush at 5 weeks old
12302013_KK.JPG

The Tahoe OG at 5 weeks old
12302013_TOG.JPG

Your plants look quite healthy, the grow room looks awesome I really dig the lighting in particular it gives a whole different feeling to the area. Do you have an trouble seeing the coloration of the plants with these lights or is it only this bold in pictures?

I sub'd I'll be following along for the ride :thumb: :popcorn:

Thanks Jimmy6000!

Do you have an trouble seeing the coloration of the plants with these lights or is it only this bold in pictures?
Thanks Fish4Fun420! That's the funny thing. When you're in there looking at them it doesn't really look that purple and I can tell the real color of the plants. I tried adjusting the colors in the pictures but you can tell it just isn't right. Sooner or later I'm going to get a regular light in there so I can get some clearer pics.

I would have to say I think I'm kinda pushing the nute limits. The tips of some of the lower leaves are showing some signs of burn but it hasn't gone any further than those few and they don't seem to be getting any worse. Also because they are so compact I'm having a hard time keeping good air-flow through them. I've been having to thin them out every now and then... Sometimes I find a fan leaf all crumbled up in the branches because it doesn't have any room to grow.

I was thinking about doing some LST along with the topping but the branches are so thick they're not really bendable. I should probably at least try to separate them somewhat though.

these are some bushy nice plants! Good job :thumb:
Thank you! I'm playing with them this morning, separating the branches out a little so they get better light penetration and air-flow. I'll be getting some more pics too.

We're 5 days into flowering and just barely starting to see some signs. It's still at the stage where you can barely see it but I like to take a lot of macro's so I can really see what's going on. I was hoping they would thin out a little when they started to stretch but they haven't really stretched much yet.

The color is still a little off in this pic as I was still trying to figure out how to get a clear pic but this one shows how I opened them up a little. I drilled some holes around the outsides of the pots and used wire to pull each branch out a little. I think I held my breath for each branch... They are so thick I really couldn't get too much bend out of them.
DSCN9880-1.jpg

I finally got some ok lighting in the room for pics... This is the Deadhead OG plant #1.
DSCN9985-1.jpg

And the Kandy Kush is just going crazy!!! :rocker:
DSCN9977-1.jpg

Everything is still staying really compact.
DSCN9973-1.jpg

I thought I noticed something starting to show. Macro's make it so much easier to see what's happening.
DSCN9989-1.jpg

An overhead shot of the 4 plants... (2) Deadhead OG in the back, Kandy Kush in the middle and Tahoe OG up front.
DSCN9998-1.jpg

Hello, IslandDog :ciao:

Your plants are some real beauties - so compact and healthy. You're definitely treating them right. :thumb:

I love the colors of LED grows. I swear when I get off my lazy bum and get a job I'm going to buy some of those pretty things.

I'll be following along with your journal.

Have some reps from me for a great start. :high-five:

Happy growing!

Kush heaven :thumb: Kandy Kush is one of my favorites Dead Head and Tahoe are not to be missed either. I like to just grab the plant and shake really shake it bends the tops over and opens the canopy right up.

I told you Mr Dog if you built the thread they would come! Now you have a one stop shop for all your growing queries. Your plants look very healthy I'll be keeping an eye on this page :) :peace:

Kush heaven :thumb: Kandy Kush is one of my favorites Dead Head and Tahoe are not to be missed either. I like to just grab the plant and shake really shake it bends the tops over and opens the canopy right up.

Thanks! That happened a few times with my outdoor grow last year naturally... We had a few unexpected wind-storms pop up that shook the heck out of them. They were just a couple weeks into flower and I don't think I ever moved as quick as when I was trying to protect them from the wind! LOL

I told you Mr Dog if you built the thread they would come! Now you have a one stop shop for all your growing queries. Your plants look very healthy I'll be keeping an eye on this page :) :peace:

That you did! Thanks! I have a feeling when questions come up they will be more specifics... Like when I got spider mites on my last grow. Having indoor and outdoor house plants for so many years I knew what the little buggers were as soon as I spotted one. I knew how to get rid of them and what I had to do to keep them away but I never had to treat something that was going to eventually be consumed. That is where I got stumped....

Hello, IslandDog :ciao:

Your plants are some real beauties - so compact and healthy. You're definitely treating them right. :thumb:

I love the colors of LED grows. I swear when I get off my lazy bum and get a job I'm going to buy some of those pretty things.

I'll be following along with your journal.

Have some reps from me for a great start. :high-five:

Happy growing!

Thank you! When I started planning all this out I did all the math... HID vs LED. I added up everything from initial cost of equipment to home modifications to monthly utility use. It just didn't make sense to go with HID when LED is so much cheaper and easier.

Here's a random kind of question... Am I the only crazy one who is just in heaven smelling their hands after working in the garden? ;)

You're not the only one. I even put all my crinkly, old leaves in a coffee cup to sniff every now and then. :laughtwo:

Thanks! That happened a few times with my outdoor grow last year naturally... We had a few unexpected wind-storms pop up that shook the heck out of them. They were just a couple weeks into flower and I don't think I ever moved as quick as when I was trying to protect them from the wind! LOL

yeah I would do this before you get any buds

We're 8 days into 12/12 now and I'm starting to see signs on flowering on each of the 4 plants. I like to take a tons of pics so I can take my time and look at the plants without straining my eyes or wearing sunglasses.

I just thought this one came out pretty cool looking while I was playing with the lighting trying to get some clear pics.
DSCN0276_2_.jpg

They're still small but they're starting to pop out everywhere...
DSCN0287_2_.jpg

The Kandy Kush stretched out a little more than the rest over the last week but it's still staying nice and compact.
DSCN0306_2_.jpg

Here's a natural lighting shot of the 4 girls. :circle-of-love:
DSCN0302_2_.jpg

I'm starting to run into some high humidity. The past couple days it's reached up to 72% humidity in the closet and running an average of 64% so before anything like mold or mildew starts I have a dehumidifer ordered and it should be here in a couple days.

Back
Top Bottom