Jonwayne's Bag Seed - Rookie Grow - Winter 2015 Journal

Jonwayne

Strain-unknown
Custom built Frankenstein grow box (pics later)
Medium-soil...50/50 topsoil, and homegrown barn soil
Cfls- 2-65watt 6500k... 2-23 watt 2700k bulbs and a full spectrum led in the mix
Have a 4 inch fan pulling hot air out of the box
Temp and humidity gauge is a must! Don't know what's Goin on without it! Generally 68-78° and 40-60% humidity
Currently in solo cups, goin to 1 gallon pots in a week
Using ph balanced tap water (every 2 days if need be)
No NUTES (till flower)
Currently in veg-day #28
Summary:plants are between 3 and 6 inches, fighting a leaf disease at the moment on count of me goin chea out of the gate! Lesson learned... so I've sucks it up, invested a little more time and money...
(So please before you even attempt this, do your research, spend some time, spend some money, it don't take very much) the forums helped tremendously!
Any input is greatly appreciated, I only know what I have learned, and made tons of mistakes already, hopefully I get this turned around and flourishing how I want!

End of week #4
JonwayneTN

Coming up on week 6 now, plants are a little sickly after a major change up in my space and technique. Re potted a few added a mixed spectrum of light, moved to a closet... here are a few pictures

20151214_042717.jpg

My biggest girl has took a turn for the better! Seems to be thriving again along side of my 7 day old seedlings. Started a little lst on her tonight. Still holding out on the other 4 that were over watered to see if there gonna come back or not... anyways here are some pictures after I put some weights on a few branches.
20151217_003601.jpg

Almost 7 weeks into veg, after a few sicknesses. I have to of the original 5 plants left. Also moved into a 4x4x5 closet space. Everything is looking good, have #1 in a 5 gallon container, #2 in a 3 gallon thus far. Probably where the 2 will live out there flowering. Hoping to go 12/12 in a couple weeks. Here are a few pictures of the progress.

20151231_083917.jpg

#1 my biggest girl, getting some lst. This one was least affected by the over watering. And is in the 5 gal container for the remainder of the grow.

Update- day 3 after switching lights to 12/12
Stopped lst and begin to attempt my hand at doin a small scrog on the bigger plant #1
Continuing lst on #2 on into flower on account that she is behind and still a little small, I'll stop lst when it devolops a few more colas. #2
20160107_2145461.jpg
20160107_214611.jpg
20160107_214528.jpg

I'll try and do a little better job keeping it updated now that I've sorted I mean Emilya's sorted out my bad watering habits. Haha how do you like the auto flowering strains arteekay, Im thinking about trying a few outdoors this year so they can mature in the peak of summer.

I've got a few auto flowering strains in my wish list for when I make my seed order im excited. I can't wait, I've only ever grew bagseed.
Ok here is a light update since im now in flower, i added more light today.
2-23w 6500k bulbs
2-55w 3500k bulbs
4-23w 2700k bulbs
New added today 2- 4' 32w 3500k cfl tubes (set up to give side lighting to the lower canopy, so it's a shop light mounted horizontally the length of my closet, will add pictures in the morning)
With that said, is that gonna be enough light to get me some decent nus off my 2- 3' plants? (estimated 3' plants @ harvest)

Looking forward to your new pics. It looks, to my inexperienced eyes of course, to be lots of light. I'm not that familiar yet with cfl or how to calculate in the side lighting though, so I'm not a very helpful resource there.

Looks like crap but it will do for this these two little plants.
Only been a day since I put the new flouros in there and it made a huge difference in the overnight growth.
My pots are are different sizes so I ran the tubes @ an angel so that both plants get light off it.
Just working on trying to keep my canopy on the big girl as even as I can, had to zip tie a few colas down. Should be decently level canopy when finished.
20160109_212803.jpg

20160109_212743.jpg

20160109_212733.jpg

Doesn't matter how it looks, long as you think it's the best configuration you can get. Keep it clean and tidy and your only concern is optimizing the conditions in your grow bubble.

Can I offer some helpful advice? When you post your pictures, rather than just posting the medium only, post the medium linked to original. I know at least a few of us here use extensions to pop up the picture on hover, and it makes it a joy to quickly view your pictures at their original size. With Medium only, it's a multiple series of clicks to get to your original full sized photos through the member gallery.

I speak for many of us older folks, the eyes just aren't what they used to be and the additional pixels help out quite a bit.

Few more pictures as more pistols start to grow
First up the new up and coming
20160113_020302.jpg

Then few shots of the big girl stretching a little goin into flower.
20160113_015929.jpg

20160113_020118.jpg

Sorry for the sideways pictures

Back
Top Bottom