Let's Grow A Pound

Retired One

420 Member
Thanks to alot of help, my last grow would have to be called a fair succes, even if it was cut short about a week. Learned alot along the way, so it's time to put it to use and learn some new stuff.
Last time, I grew autoflowering plants for a couple of reasons. One, I was curious. Two, less chance to screw something up. This time around the training wheels are off.
I have 2 femmed Super Lemon Haze and two femmed Utopia Haze in paper towels now. The little multi-site DWC setup that I used in my first grow, has been moved to nusury duty for this grow and each plant will finish veg and flower in it's own 5 gallon bucket.
Thanks to L8nightskunk, I'll be LSTing these plants. His grow gave me some ideas I want to test out. Down the road we'll put the FIM tecnique to the test and basically try to grow a cola garden.
The nute program has gotten a big overhaul. I'm using the complete Dutchmaster Gold Series for this grow at the recomendation of Pan4Gold49, whose results don't just speak for themselves, they stand up and shout. The goal for this grow is 1 pound dry bud from the 4 plants. When these 4 plants are 35-40 days from harvest I'll be starting four more seeds. I'm thinking of 2 each Violator Kush and Blue Cheese. If I hit it right, and the upper end of the estimated flowering period is right, I'm trying to put away 2lbs in 155 days.
So there's the plan for this one...let's see if we can pull it off.

Re: SouthernWeed's Second...Let's Grow A Pound

southern man.im in,i wish i could start my grow again,have learnt so much,but steamed in,next one is going to be white hot!!!!!!!

Well those Super Lemon Haze seeds took forever to crack, but this morning they both have taproots showing. The Utopia Haze seeds cracked really quick, but the roots looked a little off, so I germed one more just in case. Probably nothing to worry about, and I did make five of the bucket/pump/airstone combos, so maybe we'll get 5 really good plants out of it. The seeds were put in rockwool that had been soaking in ph adjusted, 250 ppm nute solution for 36 hours, and the res is filled with 17 gallons of the same solution. They are under humidity domes and have 600w of MH light beaming down on them. So we're off again. I'll be posting pics as soon as there is anything to see. In the meantime, wish me luck.

OH OH it's on like popcorn. Since you will be using individual 5 gallon buckets are you going to use 1 pump for all 4 plants? Dutch Mastets gold you will definetly like especially in the DWC. I never have had to adjust my ph when using DM nutes. For some reason the ph always stays between 5.3 and 5.8 when I followed the nute chart (I used 3/4 strength).

Good morning all. Just looked in on the plants and it looks good. I can see root growth and two of the three Utopia Haze will probably emerge from the rockwool at some point today. I am having a small amount of difficulty regulating the ph, it really wants to run up to 6.5-6.7. I'm still using r/o water and the rockwool is from the same batch as my last grow, so I'm at a bit of a loss. No big deal though...I can keep a close eye on that.

Playafly, I'm using two pumps, each running two buckets. If I end up with all 5 seeds alive, I'll use the pump from my little multi-site to run bucket number five.

Thanks to all looking in, I hope y'all enjoy what's to come.

Just a quick update. All three UH have emerged from the rockwool. Both SLH are growing very close to popping out, so I would expect by tomorrow's morning report they'll be out as well.

Good morning all. Good news...all five seeds have now become seedlings. Looked in on them last night before bed and they had all emerged from the rockwool. This morning they are all approximately 1" tall and looking healthy.

I'm going to leave these babies under a 24/0 light shedule until they hit the third node, at which time I'll begin the LST and back the light schedule up to 18/6. This is a test of something that I was told back a ways when I was just beginning to learn about indoor cultivation. 24/0 light schedule is supposed to help keep the plant stacked up and tight. With my current grow space being the size of a bathtub, I need to keep height and width in check, so we'll try this out.

My plan has been to FIM these plants, trying to grow a cola garden you see, but I have no experience with that tecnique. I have read up on it, but I need to talk to someone who has personal experience with it. If you have experience with FIM or Supercrop, hit me up with a pm so I can get a question or two answered.

Anyhow, that's the morning report. Probably will start posting pics of my babies around the middle of next week when there is something more to see. I'm sure all but the newest growers have seen enough seedlings in their day.

Ok resinator, if you'd like to see from the very beginning, I'll post them. Took pics of the two pants in the very front. One of each. The rest look identical. In the last pic you can see the two cfl's from the last grow, rebulbed with 6500k bulbs, I decided why not use em. So there's some extra lumens added in for the hell of it. You can also see two, one gallon containers in the back with a water/yeast/sugar mixture that was just mixed up and placed in ther about 30 minutes ago. I figure that by tomorrow night, the domes will be off and any additional co2 will be great. Enjoy!

rsz_100_0638.jpg

rsz_100_0639.jpg

rsz_100_0645.jpg

Looking good, Suothern.
Nice healthy seedlings.
I hope you get 2 pounds!:ganjamon:
Good luck!

Thanks for the good wishes Trichome. This grow ought to be a bit more interesting than the last.

its amazing what those seedlings can produce.

That's the truth Brother. In this case I hope they can produce a quarter pound per plant.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just looked in on the babies and all goes well. Kind of at that point where there's not much to say or do for a week or so. As I said earlier, When these babies get to the third node, they'll be put into their individual buckets and the lst will begin.

Still hoping that someone with experience in FIM and Supercrop will hit me up so I can get a couple questions answered.

Y'all have a great day!

The bucket is the res. I'll have 4.25 gallons of nute solution per plant, so ph/ppm stability shouldn't be that bad. In my last grow I had a little over 3 gallons per plant and ph/ppm was an ocasional problem. I'm hoping the extra gallon+ per plant will help stabilize that. I personally don't mind managing the idividual bucket, as it will give me a chance to see what every plant is doing on a virtual minute to minute basis. This, along with careful observation, will allow me to make minute adjustments to each plant's nute solution to keep up with what the plant wants...not what 5 plants res wants. Temp isn't an issue, my space is well ventilated and has a small a/c unit.

You do raise an excellent point. Using this technique, seems like you would get a real feel for what each plant is doing. Happy to hear about the AC too. This time of year, everyone seems to be having heat issues.
So, 5 buckets... let's assume one will have some sort of issue and crash.. so 4 plants...1 pound... 4 oz/plant... indoor grow... good stock... yeah... you go baby! You might even get a bit left over for some bonus joy if your lights are strong!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom