Hello from the lowcountry

MaggiesFarm

I feel very fortunate to have found this place. I will soon be a first time grower and the volumes of info here is incredible.

A little about me... 60yrs old, wanting to grow meds for my family. My wife and daughter suffer from depression and anxiety. My son has back spasms so bad he can't move. My MIL is almost 88 and has pain in all of her joints. The prescription pain meds do her more harm than good.

My initial setup will be a 4x4x7 tent running 600w hps/mh lighting. I'm leaning towards using soil to start with.

TIA for all of the help and guidance I know I will receive.

I feel very fortunate to have found this place. I will soon be a first time grower and the volumes of info here is incredible.

A little about me... 60yrs old, wanting to grow meds for my family. My wife and daughter suffer from depression and anxiety. My son has back spasms so bad he can't move. My MIL is almost 88 and has pain in all of her joints. The prescription pain meds do her more harm than good.

My initial setup will be a 4x4x7 tent running 600w hps/mh lighting. I'm leaning towards using soil to start with.

:welcome: to :420: MaggiesFarm. I am glad that you are here. At the top of the Introduce Yourself forum the very first post has a lot of great threads on many areas that may be of interest to you. The medical forum is a good place to start. Cannabis can help with all of those conditions. And beemerbill has a excellent recipe for an ointment that will definitely help the MILs pain. Just visit https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/over-50-club.170776/ and ask. Seeing as how you are over 50 and one of us old farts. :rofl:

I do soil now and like it. When you get started with your grow it would be great if you created a journal with pictures so we can see how you are doing and offer help if needed. Look the place over and if you have any questions please ask. :peace: :Namaste:

:ciao: MaggiesFarm and welcome to :420:

So good to read that you will be growing. I'm sure you will find great satisfaction in it.

When you decide to start your grow, a great thing to do here is to start a grow journal so members can follow you and give support when needed.
There is a link on how to do that in the new members start links here:

New Member Start Links

Please let us know if you have any questions, we are here to help!

:circle-of-love:

Welcome aboard and it sounds like you have a lot of growing to do. Tent is the same one I have so that seems good to me. I do not grow with HPS/MH but went from CFL to LED. If you think you will need help, I would suggest starting a grow journal after you get any preliminary questions out of the way. People are real helpful here and you will get very valuable feedback on what you post. It can really help to head off problems. You will also get better feedback. I have noticed that some people create an account, ask a question when they have a problem and then disappear. But when new people take the time to make a journal, it shows effort and the response you will get will be very positive. Just my 2 cents

Welcome aboard and it sounds like you have a lot of growing to do. Tent is the same one I have so that seems good to me. I do not grow with HPS/MH but went from CFL to LED. If you think you will need help, I would suggest starting a grow journal after you get any preliminary questions out of the way. People are real helpful here and you will get very valuable feedback on what you post. It can really help to head off problems. You will also get better feedback. I have noticed that some people create an account, ask a question when they have a problem and then disappear. But when new people take the time to make a journal, it shows effort and the response you will get will be very positive. Just my 2 cents

I couldn't agree more. That's a home run right there.

Thanks for the info! What size LED panel will cover a 4x4 area? I haven't bought my lights yet and I'd much rather run LEDs due to the heat.

I am running a Top LED Mars II 700 watt in my 4'x4' space. I believe that is the best for my grow and my budget. There are many other fine sponsors here that sell LEDs as well as sponsors that sell a variety of other products. This is the link Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ® to some great sponsors. I hope that this helps you. Have a great day my friend. :thumb:

Welcome!!!:welcome: Im sure that no matter what your questions or concerns are, you will find your answers among these fellow growers. This site will be your last stop before coming a master gardener!!!!

Good Luck!!!!:goodluck:

Thanks Canna. It looks like my first attempt will be with 3 or 4 Nirvana freebies grown in air pots outdoors. I'm about to start soaking them in distilled water.

Welcome to 420 Magazine! If you decide to start a grow journal be sure to post a link here for us to follow your grow. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

How to Make a Grow Journal

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks KJC! I will be starting a grow journal sometime this week. My 3 pot luck seeds went into damp paper towels yesterday afternoon.

Will do DJ. I've got 2 seedlings and I hope to have another any day now. We've had unexpected company the last 10 days and that has cramped my growing activities. They are leaving tomorrow, so I'll get the grow journal started this week. I'll be stopping in on yours in a minute.

Back
Top Bottom