Cronichemphog's 2nd Grow Started Medi Bomb #1 and White Widow

just being a little ambitious lol
heres journal 2 since im gonna start flowering the first 2 plant i figure i start 2 more to throw in the veg tent.
not much to talk about yet, germinated 3/24, put it in the rockwool 3/28 the roots were long enough to go in there.
if you notice the string looking thing i tried a few different things before the 60 day wonder and nyc diesel wasted a few seeds luckily they were either the cheap seeds i bought or the free seeds that came with my order but i think i got the hang of it now part of it was being impatient part of it was just learning curve.
so the roots were long enough. got it in the rockwool, i put the rockwool in water ph'd about 5.5-5.6 for at least 24 hrs before i use them. most instruction say to poke a hole and stick it in problem is most roots arent straight and its hard to get it in without damaging them, so i split the rockwool in half and put the rootling in and gently tie it close.
both have just about sprouted today and will put them in the dwc bubbler as soon as roots show out of the rockwool. i have tried on one of my first seeds with the hole poking method and threw it straight into the dwc but it didnt work so good, for me i found letting the roots show first before i throw it in, i have better success.
so ill post again on this when the roots show and im about to throw it into the dwc......

so this is the white widow just poking out today
1332969520113.jpg

and this is the medi bomb #1 sprouted in the same amount of time
1332969544933.jpg
:thumb:

btw heres a little info on the seeds if anyone wants to know
the white widow
seedsman white widow

This strain appeared in Holland at the beginning of the 1990's and quickly became a hit in all the coffee shops and not long after around the globe.

It is a potent cross of a Brazilian and an Indian sativa. Its name stems from its immense crystal production that makes it shine and glimmer.

White Widow can be grown both indoors and outdoors finishing indoors in around 8 weeks and outdoors in late October.

This is a great strain for wannabe breeders but will also suit those that enjoy an easy to grow strain with a very strong sativa effect.

Genetics: Indian/Brazilian
Variety: Mostly Sativa
Type: Stabilised Hybrid
Harvest Date: End of October
Flowering Period: 8 weeks
THC Content: 15-20%
Characteristics: Plants white with crystals

medi bomb #1

bomb seeds medi bomb #1

Medi Bomb #1 is an Indica dominant cross of Bomb #1 and a selected Dutch pharmaceutical strain. Medi Bomb #1 stays fairly short; around 70-100 cm and thanks to the Bomb #1 influence has great yield and a powerful punch, which gives an Indica dominant look to the plant. Short wide leaves that grow from small internodal points mean the overall effect is of a short/medium height, stocky and bushy plant. When ripening, Medi Bomb #1 will develop a very thick coating of dense white crystals covering the buds and upper leaves.

Thanks to very high levels of CBD, Medi Bomb #1 has a strong calming effect, relaxing body and muscles. Medical users also report Medi Bomb #1 inducing a deep relaxing sleep combating insomnia and similar complaints. To maximise the resin production and get the best out of Medi Bomb, it is recommended that it be kept in total darkness for the last few days. This strains yields are considered superb, the taste is a sweet and sour flavour, with a strong smell and pleasant smoke.

Type: Indica/Sativa (Indica dominant)
Plant height: Short-Medium (70-100cm)
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor/Outdoor
Indoor Flowering: 7-8 Weeks
Harvest Outdoor: Sep-Oct
THC: High (15-20%)
Yield: High (450-500g/m2)
Stoned/High: Strong, body stone

Nice strains , great knock out stoned !
Good luck and have fun next few weeks

:thumb::thanks:

thanks alot i hope all my grows work out good as hydro is fairly new to me
and indoor also so ill just keep posting as it moves along.
thanks again..................

ok so as you notice from this mornings pictures the medi bomb#1 has sprouted now its showing its first true leave
and now the white widow has come through and its now a sprout

heres the medi bomb
1332987519317.jpg

and heres the white widow sprouted its pushed all the way through from this morning
1332987477752.jpg

updates as things change:thumb:

I grew WW in Ebb&Gro sites for dam near 7 or 8yrs....

Subbed............

:popcorn:

im just trying to keep it as simple as possible
so i figure dwc with air, lights and nutes
i figure if the power goes out i can at least keep em alive with a battery operated pump cant do much about the lights tho i dont have a generator
but at least they wont drown if the power fails.....:thumb:

i would love to grow outdoors but the main worry is getting it ripped off not to mention the houses are so damn close here it wouldnt be to stealthy even tho im a caregiver with a card,
the second thing is where i live it rains alot so i probably can get better light indoors.
sad thing is some days its cooler outside than in, but on those rainy days and with the insects outside im glad its in lol

Hey Chronic -

Wanted to sub to your journal - hope you don't mind me tagging along! The seedlings look good so far, and I think splitting the rockwool like you did was probably a clever idea. Not sure what you did to sprout them before putting them into the rockwool. I used to use the "paper towel" method of germinating seeds, but have since found a more consistent reliable method that has worked great for me. Nothing wrong with what you are doing if it works for you (that's all that counts!), but I thought I'd post a link to how I am germinating now, as it's worked really well for me and maybe it'll be of some help to you in the future (the link should take you directly to a post outlining my method for seed germination):

Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures & Photos From The Garden - 2012

I've never used Rockwool (seems like people are always struggling to find the right moisture balance with rockwool) but I LOVE Rapid Rooter plugs for both seedlings and clones. They work great with hydro (DWC or otherwise) and soil growing. They are fortified with micronutrients to help give them a good start - all you need to do is give them plain un PH'd water until they are ready to transplant into your DWC. Just another thought to consider. The biggest piece of advice I'd give on germinating is to minimize transplanting when they are that small, so putting the seed directly into the medium is best once you get the hang of it. Don't get me wrong, the paper towel method, and other "pre germination" methods work, but I've had nearly 100% germination with the method I use now.

I think you have the right idea - don't put them in your DWC until roots are poking through the sides and bottom (just barely is fine).

Let me know if I can ever help in any way. :goodluck:

+ rep for a good start to the journal and for luck. Oh, and they look great so far!!:cheer:

Hey Chronic -

Wanted to sub to your journal - hope you don't mind me tagging along! The seedlings look good so far, and I think splitting the rockwool like you did was probably a clever idea. Not sure what you did to sprout them before putting them into the rockwool. I used to use the "paper towel" method of germinating seeds, but have since found a more consistent reliable method that has worked great for me. Nothing wrong with what you are doing if it works for you (that's all that counts!), but I thought I'd post a link to how I am germinating now, as it's worked really well for me and maybe it'll be of some help to you in the future (the link should take you directly to a post outlining my method for seed germination):

Xlr8's Hydroponic Adventures & Photos From The Garden - 2012

I've never used Rockwool (seems like people are always struggling to find the right moisture balance with rockwool) but I LOVE Rapid Rooter plugs for both seedlings and clones. They work great with hydro (DWC or otherwise) and soil growing. They are fortified with micronutrients to help give them a good start - all you need to do is give them plain un PH'd water until they are ready to transplant into your DWC. Just another thought to consider. The biggest piece of advice I'd give on germinating is to minimize transplanting when they are that small, so putting the seed directly into the medium is best once you get the hang of it. Don't get me wrong, the paper towel method, and other "pre germination" methods work, but I've had nearly 100% germination with the method I use now.

I think you have the right idea - don't put them in your DWC until roots are poking through the sides and bottom (just barely is fine).

Let me know if I can ever help in any way. :goodluck:

+ rep for a good start to the journal and for luck. Oh, and they look great so far!!:cheer:

thanks alot X and thanks for the help and advise ill check on that link you posted also yea i been using the paper towel method also use the llewelynns moonsign calendar been having better success following that book when to plant etc, been having a good rate with it i think only 1 seed so far didnt show its roots for me and that one seed i didnt follow the calender, but the paper towel thing has been working for me lol.
the rest that didnt make it well its probably attributed to my impatients lol.
i usually wait till the roots about 1/2 inch long before i throw it in the rockwool, then as the roots poke out i throw it in the netpot with hydroton and stick it in the dwc.
thanks again for your help :thanks:

so the little seedling are looking decent the white widows roots are starting to pop through the rockwool dont see the medi bomb roots yet i guess it can go into the dwc soon

Subbed. Nice, it looks like we are both doing DWC, I think you're probably a few days to a week ahead of me, and your strains look solid. Will be fun to watch and compare notes.

yea ill be subbed to yours also
im not using anything special with lights tho just some litro florous
t-8's 4 tubes on top in the veg chamber and 8 tubes on the bottom for flower but with only the 2 girls on the bottom so far im only using 6 tubes on 3 fixtures. have the other fixture hanging but not plugged in until i need it

ok update on these not much hapenning yet but still looking sprouty lol
1333168079895.jpg

theyre not actually in the bubbler yet theres no water in there or anything i just needed it to be propped in place so i could move the tent today and work on the ac for the room.
which i did this afternoon got it all in temps nice and cool in there now, no more sweat box lol

I'm jealous! I think AC might be on the agenda here too, either that or a cooler or a recirculating tub for colder water...

yea i had to do it already its not even summer and that one particular room seems to be the hottest in the house. been running in the mid 80's and i hear alot of stories about root problems with high temps in a dwc, luckily the rh hasnt been too high even with the high temps ran about 50-65% now rh running about 45-55% temps in mid to low 70's
might have something to do with the door being closed all the time cause the rest of the house stays fairly cool, like close to 10 degrees cooler than that room but alot of airflow. the other bedroom has ac so its always cool even in the summer months when the rest of the house is hot. so now it should be good to go even when the weather gets really hot......

ok so i set up the upper area on the secret jardin tent got the tub with the 6 gallons full
looks like it can holf the weight of the 6 gallons on water on there
what is that 7 lbs per gallon? so 42 lbs?
added butes and had to throw in some ph down gonna wait an hr or 2 with the air running to let it mix and see what the ph is like and if its good
the clones and the seedling are going in
pictures later today after i stick em in

ok so i stuck the medi bomb#1
and the white widow into the dwc bubbler today, as roots were starting to show out of the rockwool, also stuck in the 2 nycd clones i took about 10 days ago, roots were showing on the bigger one and looked good, the smaller one in the rockwool didnt show yet but i decided to stick it in anyway..

so heres the medi bomb #1 sprout, the bigger nycd clone is in the foreground accidentally deleted it out of the cam and im too lazy to take it again
DSC013683.JPG

this ones the white widow sprout
DSC013701.JPG

and this ones the smaller of the 2 nycd clone
DSC013693.JPG

damnit i was looking on the site for these secret jardin tents the thing seems to be holding the 42 lbs of water up pretty good on the upper smaller tent but i want more support they have something but its not available yet argh..............

It looks like you have a great start, keep kicking ass. :welldone:
I am subscribed. Medi bomb is the strain my wife wants me to grow, she has MS. The other strains she wants is THC bomb and Medijuana.

Keep the green thumb up. :thumb:

It looks like you have a great start, keep kicking ass. :welldone:
I am subscribed. Medi bomb is the strain my wife wants me to grow, she has MS. The other strains she wants is THC bomb and Medijuana.

Keep the green thumb up. :thumb:

thanks alot
yours is looking pretty awesome
and from what ive been reading 5 out of 60 clones is damn good rate....

Back
Top Bottom