Tamir's 1st grow - dwc special kush and special queen 2014

Tamir

Hello all and welcome to my first official grow journal. Started some bag seed on my last grown and got 6 weeks into flower and everything went down hill.

Well here are the particulars of this grow

Strains: Special Kush(SK) and Special Queen(SQ)
Days in Veg: 16
Veg box: 20x26x30 cardboard box lines with reflective material
Flower grow tent 32x32x63
Hydro DWC 2.5 Gal buckets, rooted in rapid rooters
Medium: Hydroton
Veg light: 2' T5 6400k bulbs x2, 33w cfl bulb x 6
Flower light: 600w HPS with air cooled reflector
Veg box temps: low 74f high 88f
Flower tent temps: here's my issue: low 81f high 103f
No fans in veg box just cut holes in box no heat issues so I'm not messing with it.
Flower tent has a 6" can booster fan(I know it sucks) PUSHING air from inside the tent over the bulb and back out the tent and 6" can booster fan PULLING air as my intake. Currently have positive air pressure. These set ups change often as I'm trying to find the right set up. I've tried PUSHING cool air from outside tent over the bulb and back out the tent. Tried PUSHING AND PULLING air out the tent with only a passive intake(negative pressure) still the temps rise to the high 90's consistently.(that 90.7 in the pic is with my current set up described above after being on for 15min.)
RH of veg: lo 10% high 30%
RH of flower: lo 10% high 55%
PH of SK: 4.8
PH of SQ: 4.9 - just got my ph up and down today. Will adjust to above 5.5
Nutes used: General Hydroponics GMB base Nutes. Will be switching to Advance Nutrients GMB when these run out(only about 2oz left of GH)
PPM of SK: 419
PPM of SQ: 433

Now for the pics - excuse the quality hope the come out correctly. Any and all feedback is appreciated. I will do my best to keep up with this journal.

Thanks guys

photo_1448.JPG
photo_2386.JPG
photo_4254.JPG
photo_3316.JPG
photo_722.JPG
photo_625.JPG
photo_826.JPG

Good evening everyone.. Not much of an update today on the girls. Day 17 of veg and everything seems ok. A little browning of the leaves I. The SQ is from the 600w hps.. Had her a little too close. Plus the high temps didn't help either... And advice is welcome. I'm gonna try my hand at Topping this go round any suggestions as to when I should cut and exactly where?
SK
image9307.jpg
image9306.jpg

SQ
image9308.jpg
image9309.jpg

I have a question, as you can see I'm having heat issues with my grow tent the average temp is about 94 degrees with the 400w HPS bulb and 98 degrees with the 600w HPS bulb. My veg box is running hot also due to no exhaust fans. That runs at a steady 89 degrees.. My question is would you leave the ladies under the t5's and cfl's at that 89 or would you deal with the 94 and let the sit under their HPS?

So I decided to go with the grow tent. I'm gettin roughly the same temps as te veg box so I might as well free up the space and start some new seeds. Here are the ladies in the new home. And as u see I added my version of a scrog net.
image9329.jpg

Nice tamir! I made a screen as well. Used pvc for frame'

Also look in the seedling section. Someone just posted about topping

Thanks I appreciate.. I just bought trellis netting and tied it to the tent posts... Lol see how this works...

And just before I read your post I tried my hand at FIMMING. Not sure if I took of enough

image9339.jpg

Thanks I appreciate.. I just bought trellis netting and tied it to the tent posts... Lol see how this works...

And just before I read your post I tried my hand at FIMMING. Not sure if I took of enough

image9339.jpg

It is my understanding that the femmed top will either produce 2 or 4 branches. No way to tell for sure until you let it grow out just a bit. :peace: :Namaste:

Sorry dude im old and this was bqck in the 50 a q 150 az days. Yes this dictates my age. Im going to try this in a few days. Thank you for the suggestion! You rock brother

Lol.. Yea your showing your age.. You're not old.. You're just wise. Stay tuned before you try it and see how mine turns out.. Lol

It is my understanding that the femmed top will either produce 2 or 4 branches. No way to tell for sure until you let it grow out just a bit. :peace: :Namaste:

Yea a fimmed top should produce 4 and regular topping produces 2. I've never made either cut so we'll see if I did this right

Back
Top Bottom