Tamir's 1st grow - dwc special kush and special queen 2014

Hi Tamir, thanks for dropping by. Subscribed.
I´ve never done hydro but will surely enjoy following your grow.
You´ve got exactly what is missing me: lots of light! :thumb:
The temps, RH and air flow are sooo important, but you´re determined to overcome all the obstacles and that´s half way there! :goodjob:
Some strains take higher temps better than others.
I topped my girls in their 5th node, got 2 new branches in each one and the main stopped growing. It does stress them a bit but within a week or so they recover. Now I think I should have topped them earlier.

I´m still trying to figure out how to upload more pics from the gallery to a new post..would appreciate some help.
:peace:

I´m still trying to figure out how to upload more pics from the gallery to a new post..would appreciate some help.

Hey Tugafox,

If you have uploaded your pics to the gallery, when making a post you should be able to click on the icon that looks like a picture of a tree above he field in which you type. Or you should be able to click on the My Photos tab at the bottom left of the field you are typing in. Either way your gallery should pop up in a new window and you can select the picture you want to post from there. Hope I made sense. Let me know if I can explain better! :)

Subbed How's the temp doing now looks like you dropped it by the pic.

Thanks for stopping by... Temps are still in the mid 90's when the lights are on passed 6hrs. I snapped that pic once they came on.

Hi Tamir, thanks for dropping by. Subscribed.
I´ve never done hydro but will surely enjoy following your grow.
You´ve got exactly what is missing me: lots of light! :thumb:
The temps, RH and air flow are sooo important, but you´re determined to overcome all the obstacles and that´s half way there! :goodjob:
Some strains take higher temps better than others.
I topped my girls in their 5th node, got 2 new branches in each one and the main stopped growing. It does stress them a bit but within a week or so they recover. Now I think I should have topped them earlier.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Yea I'm gonna get through all of this. It may get warm in there but there's never a moment when they aren't being cooled by air movement.

Yea I FIMMED a little earlier than 5th node I believe. And on my SK I'm seeing at least 4 maybe 6 new stems. They have both recovered well. And the growth over the last 5 days has been like nothing I've ever seen before in my tent. Let's just hope I keep the momentum.

And if u already have pics in the gallery, all u need to do is create the post, type ur dialog and hit that camera icon in the tool bar(3rd from the right). Once u tap the photo u want to add it will be added to the body of ur post.

Ok so I tried my hand at LST or at least that's what I thought I was doing. Only touched the SK as she's the bushier of the two. The SQ didn't have the girth to warrant and LST attemp. Not sure if I did this right but time will tell.

Also decided to veg my other seedlings in my aero cloner as I needed the DIY bubbler for my veg box. Yes I'm starting more seed. So in the cloner we have another SK, a strain called Kali Dog(never heard of), and the smallest one is what I was told is OG Kush(got a free zip from a friend and found one seed). Thank you guys for stopping in and helping this novice.

image9637.jpg
image9638.jpg
image9639.jpg

You´re :welcome:
Sure you will! I see it as a great learning journey :surf:
Just remember that air movement is not the same as fresh new air with CO2. I surely need to keep reminding myself of this difference as i´m having some leaf curl going on that might be from "hot spots"/stagnant air or lack of fresh air/ RH in the tent.
Yes, i learned that fimming and topping are 2 different things. I belive fimming might give you 4 new branches while topping makes the 2 top branches grow as 2 new colas.
When you have plans of LST, it´s good to start early. Don´t know if you saw the "fluxing" / flux technique by one of the members here. Check it out if you haven´t yet, amazing!

Meanwhile, I found out how the pics part is done :thanks:

:ciao:

You´re :welcome:
Sure you will! I see it as a great learning journey :surf:
Just remember that air movement is not the same as fresh new air with CO2. I surely need to keep reminding myself of this difference as i´m having some leaf curl going on that might be from "hot spots"/stagnant air or lack of fresh air/ RH in the tent.
Yes, i learned that fimming and topping are 2 different things. I belive fimming might give you 4 new branches while topping makes the 2 top branches grow as 2 new colas.
When you have plans of LST, it´s good to start early. Don´t know if you saw the "fluxing" / flux technique by one of the members here. Check it out if you haven´t yet, amazing!

Meanwhile, I found out how the pics part is done :thanks:

:ciao:

Thanks for the advise.. Yea I have good site movement as well as intake of fresh air. It's funny I was just looking up different CO2 techniques can't afford to go the tank route so looking at an alternative.

I haven't checked out the fluxing thread as of yet but i'll get around to it one day his week so I can perform that on my SQ. Already tied down the SK.

Haha you're right about that.. Ok I'm getting up.. Go look at the ladies and grab a few pics
Thanks for checking out my journal, your ladies are looking good. First thing I do every morning is check on the ladies! :)

Hello Tamir. You know I'm :popcorn: this one; Your another neighbor.
That high of heat can cause the hormones to deaden and kill your ladies. Id go with the flouros and work on a. Exhaust fan asap if u don't want to kill them or stunt yield
Good looking Beelze. As I was catching up I wondered why no-one really addressed his heat issues. A general rule of thumb is low 70's - low 80's degrees F. As said here all ready, different strains handle different temps differently. But if you can keep your temps within those parameters you'll be fine. Also you've moved your plants from a box to a tent. The tent should have a few ports. Use one for your intake as I'll demonstrate in the following pic. If temps in the room you're set up in is cool it will bring your tent temps down.

Thanks for checking out my journal, your ladies are looking good. First thing I do every morning is check on the ladies! :)
That's the growers ritual. LOL

IMG_20140423_171347.jpg

I find it makes more sense to have it higher rather than lower to attack where the most heat is at. I'm sure we all agree that heat rises.

Hello Tamir. You know I'm :popcorn: this one; Your another neighbor.Good looking Beelze. As I was catching up I wondered why no-one really addressed his heat issues. A general rule of thumb is low 70's - low 80's degrees F. As said here all ready, different strains handle different temps differently. But if you can keep your temps within those parameters you'll be fine. Also you've moved your plants from a box to a tent. The tent should have a few ports. Use one for your intake as I'll demonstrate in the following pic. If temps in the room you're set up in is cool it will bring your tent temps down.

That's the growers ritual. LOL

IMG_20140423_171347.jpg

I find it makes more sense to have it higher rather than lower to attack where the most heat is at. I'm sure we all agree that heat rises.

Thanks for stopping by. Yes I have been tackling heat issues from day one. Since ur a neighbor u can relate to my environment. I'm in a high rise building with no outdoor space and heat/ac is controlled by management. So the room temp is not very flexible. I have 2 fans one exhausting air from tent>over bulb> out tent. The other is pulling in room temp air(positive pressure) I have tried all variations of the fans (dual exhaust w/passive intake, cool air over bulb and out tent w/ secondary exhaust then changed it to an intake fan.) can't seem to find the right set up. I have the exhaust at the top of the tent, I was considering moving it to be level with the lights as the top of the tent feels cool up there.

My last resort is to put the whole tent in the kitchen next to a window and exhaust outside and get fresh air from outdoors and when it's too hot just put the intake ducting on the central AC vent.

I'm clueless over here!!

Have you though about a window AC unit or a mini split AC system? Home Depot has a window AC unit for $119. I think it's only 5,000 btu but should be good for a small room.

Have you though about a window AC unit or a mini split AC system? Home Depot has a window AC unit for $119. I think it's only 5,000 btu but should be good for a small room.

I live on the 32nd floor of my building. No window AC allowed. Thanks for the option tho. I ended up movin the set up to a spot closer to a window. We'll I'm doin it now. Just gotta buy more ducting

Hello Tamir, good night!
:allgood:

I can´t go the tank route too but I´ve seen some growers (for ex. Lady Valadon) use CO2 bags. From what I´ve researched, they´re not sold in my country, not even in grow shops. The cheap CO2 DIY alternatives I found so far are a mix of yeast + sugar + water in plastic bottles and I also saw someone using vinegar + baking soda+ water. There are some good videos on this in youtube under "DIY CO2 generator" keywords.
I don´t know what part of the world you are but in my country summer temps can reach 40ºC c(elsiums) so heat and fresh air concerns have always been on my mind. When i got the tent, i decided from day 1 that i would set it up near a window, I have extraction directly to outside and i always have the widow open with the blinders down. Plus, i leave all the tent´s lower ports opened for passive intake.

Thank you very much BAR! You just gave me an idea that I will apply: I have a port on top of the tent that has been closed cause I extract from the top lateral right port (my tent has 5 ports for air intake/extraction). I will buy another small fan asap and put it blowing from that top port just like you have in the picture.
:thanks:

Your ladies are looking good, bushy and look at those steams, so thick! Keep up the good work :thumb:

Hello Tamir, good night!
:allgood:

I can´t go the tank route too but I´ve seen some growers (for ex. Lady Valadon) use CO2 bags. From what I´ve researched, they´re not sold in my country, not even in grow shops. The cheap CO2 DIY alternatives I found so far are a mix of yeast + sugar + water in plastic bottles and I also saw someone using vinegar + baking soda+ water. There are some good videos on this in youtube under "DIY CO2 generator" keywords.
I don´t know what part of the world you are but in my country summer temps can reach 40ºC c(elsiums) so heat and fresh air concerns have always been on my mind. When i got the tent, i decided from day 1 that i would set it up near a window, I have extraction directly to outside and i always have the widow open with the blinders down. Plus, i leave all the tent´s lower ports opened for passive intake.

Thank you very much BAR! You just gave me an idea that I will apply: I have a port on top of the tent that has been closed cause I extract from the top lateral right port (my tent has 5 ports for air intake/extraction). I will buy another small fan asap and put it blowing from that top port just like you have in the picture.
:thanks:

Your ladies are looking good, bushy and look at those steams, so thick! Keep up the good work :thumb:

Thanks for the info... Yea I'm looking in to to the DIY CO2 set up... Want to get this heat under control first lol. BAR always has great ideas..lol

Damn!! Moved tent to the kitchen and she's on the opposite wall of my wall mounted TV. Now the tv picture is jumping and cutting out. This gonna be an all night process

Hey Tamir,

I grew DWC my first go round and couldn't keep the Res temp under 75. I think ultimately you want your res temps around 68 degrees. High temps caused all sorts of problems for me. Good luck getting that straitened out. I found that I could lower the temp in my cabinet almost 10 degrees by keeping the circulation fans at the bottom and only using "Outake" fans at the top. This seemed to be better than any other configuration I could come up with.

I eventually just gave up and went with soil but that also has it's own set of issues. Anyways, not much help but I wanted to drop in and say HI!. You're ladies are looking much better than mine ever did in DWC.

JJ

Hey Tamir,

I grew DWC my first go round and couldn't keep the Res temp under 75. I think ultimately you want your res temps around 68 degrees. High temps caused all sorts of problems for me. Good luck getting that straitened out. I found that I could lower the temp in my cabinet almost 10 degrees by keeping the circulation fans at the bottom and only using "Outake" fans at the top. This seemed to be better than any other configuration I could come up with.

I eventually just gave up and went with soil but that also has it's own set of issues. Anyways, not much help but I wanted to drop in and say HI!. You're ladies are looking much better than mine ever did in DWC.

JJ

thanks for dropping in.. Yea i have yet to get a hydro thermometer, so i'm unsure of my res temps. I guess l'll add that to the list of things that i need to order. My roots are white and healthy so hopefully an issue won't present itself until i have the thermometer.

Back
Top Bottom