1000w Hydro Perpetual

Thank you xlr8. Glad to see you drop by.

And for YM
IMG_20121125_213154.jpg

I have got a titanium nail rig on a small 2 stage "water pipe" that is used specifically for "full melt" extract. I use a propane torch to heat the nail red hot the dab the pin of oil on the plate at the top.

Just stopped in for a look. I was just thinking of an oil burner of some sort and what is the first pic I see? :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks for the info. What solvent do you use?

I use my stove on low and just keep a close eye on it. The way I measure my temp is one of them laser temp guns, I have one to check engine temps and other shit being a mechanic. Another way I have used is to keep the water in the double boiler exactly 40°c ( always use a double boiler to ensure even heat distribution. All the heat is doing is making the oil softer and causes the solvent to expand, allowing it to escape

Where did I say that? Quote it for me. There is a device called a "honey bee" which is a type of extractor. Just a compression cylinder with a filter at one end a fill hole on the opposite end. Used to run butane over the herb.

Well I usually vac 3 times at about 20-25hg ( measure of vacuum) without stirring at all. I heat it to 40°c b4 each vac. After the 3-6 purges I keep at a steady 40°c and stir the whole batch up then leave it till it has a kind of grainy texture, stir again and leave 2-5 more times while slowly letting cool to room temp. At a certain point it sticks together in one chunk and comes off the plate more or less clean. Don't get flustered if it doesn't turn out A+ first go. Its taken me years to get where I am, and still getting better.

Try not following exactly what I say. As I have said experience is key, if you slowly make progression through simple oil techniques you learn exactly what THC will react like to certain environmental changes. Also write down everything you can about your last method, your next, and every batch you make. This makes improvements easily recognizable and you gain much more experience off many small batches than one large batch... intelligent conversations are few and far between . glad most every one here knows what is worth conversing.

Ohh yea! U get used to it after a while but nothing has quite the same sharp stone to it I find. my life feels like one long, hazy day as far back as I care to remember. Good stuff to be certain.

That's pure poetry bro! Makes me think of hazy golden summer days on the river, cold beers, bikini blondes shimmering in the sun.

Sry guys... fell asleep after doing all that laborious activity. I got a bunch of nice pics this morning when the lights shut off. Mixed up the Res with week 5 nutes and set the pH at 6.0 to start off. One part of my weekly maintenance check list that i have neglected to mention is that i do a thorough cleaning of the flowering room. I vacuum the floor and wipe down the top of the table and the pony wall around the outside of the room. I think cleanliness is often-over looked by many growers. Keep the dust and hair and what not out of the buds! Growing indoors gives the opportunity for extraordinary clean meds. Take advantage! On to the pics.
IMG_20130224_072957.jpg
IMG_20130224_073018.jpg
IMG_20130224_073030.jpg
IMG_20130224_073043.jpg
IMG_20130224_073105.jpg
IMG_20130224_073200.jpg
IMG_20130224_073212.jpg
IMG_20130224_073242.jpg

I'll get some pics of the veg side of things later today when the lights come on.

Back
Top Bottom