1000w Hydro Perpetual

I just got a cool new toy! Dome less ti nail. Cost me 200$ but it def worth it. This thing is universal and will fit any glass on glass bong fitting and no dome! Its actually 5 different parts that screw together in different positions to fit most anything.
IMG_20130313_070910.jpg
IMG_20130313_070940.jpg

So I ended up with a devastating root parasite in my veg plants. I think it started in my soil deep purple mother that I chopped a couple weeks ago and somehow got into the hydro. I'm 90% sure it was nematodes because of how the roots looked. The roots were white and healthy but developed bumpy growths all over and growth in my plants came to a halt. Anyway I transplanted my rooted clones into my veg table and hacked the infested plants down and cloned them into the tray. Also have a white widow seed that I just germinated from greenhouse seeds. So after I hack this set I have in flowering now I'll at least have a set to put in there next. I'll toss some pics up after I do my Res change on the flowering plants.

That I do kush. Although this is my first time with this problem its easy to diagnose. The only cure I could find was kill the plants and clean the system so I spent hours cleaning rocks and hydro systems to make certain there was no way I would continue to have this problem.

Hey juicy. That is a good question... I looked and looked for cures. The only one I could find was get rid of the plants. I guess nematodes live inside the root so any type of chemical used needs to be strong enough to brake down living root mass, killing your plants regardless. I guess I could have tried to get rid of the problem but I was more worried about my other plants/ other hydro systems getting infected. Only takes one drop of water to be exchanged.

Hey juicy. That is a good question... I looked and looked for cures. The only one I could find was get rid of the plants. I guess nematodes live inside the root so any type of chemical used needs to be strong enough to brake down living root mass, killing your plants regardless. I guess I could have tried to get rid of the problem but I was more worried about my other plants/ other hydro systems getting infected. Only takes one drop of water to be exchanged.

strange... must be one nasty nematode! I buy and introduce the preditory ones for fungus gnat control. Wow!

looking forward to your pics... flash! :cheesygrinsmiley:

strange... must be one nasty nematode! I buy and introduce the preditory ones for fungus gnat control. Wow!

looking forward to your pics... flash! :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's something I also found out... There is thousands of different kinds of nematodes and some are beneficial. But many are devastating to roots and cause a bunch of problems, which are the ones I had.

Turn on the flash you say? OK

Better safe than sorry, ay!
What could have caused this? Dont know anything about Nematodes, how did you find out there where an infection?

I'm absolutely sure it started with some type of soil contamination from my old dp mother that was showing minimal growth when I cut it down. I think when removing the pot of soil the fan may have blown some contaminated soil over the hydro, causing my problem. The tell tail root growths is a dead giveaway when roots are exposed.

Hey north, sorry to hear about the 'todes, what a bummer. I see your point in just culling the whole tray, if you messed around trying to save them you may just be jeopardizing future grows. Sometimes its better to bite the bullet once and be done with it.

What kind of soil was the deep,purple mom in, was it a commercial mix or did you get that mom from a friend? Just,curious if there's any particular brand of soil we should be AVOIDING...

Hey tom. That's a good question, the mom was in soil that came from a 50gal block that I had bought years ago. That pot was actually the last 4 gal of a huge bag that had been kicking around for a while. I can't remember the brand, but I think it was my storage method that first contaminated the soil anyway.

Good to know, sounds like a fair assessment.

Don't ya know a lot of these guys on here would blame the nutes, the lights, the mailman or anything before ever admitting its possible environmental factors could be the culprit. Good on you! And at the risk of sounding like a complete poser, may your garden flourish in Jah light! (sorry, been at last weeks harvest :) )

Back
Top Bottom